• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindommer

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
My main hope is that NSW realise they have a QLDer coaching and QLD have a NSWelshman coaching. I am open to a swap, how about you guys? ;)

Ya got me, #1 Tah? Ewen McKenzie, Mexican to the core, Scotch College (great prop factory), Brumbies, etc, and Axle Foley, St Pat's Strathfield, Wests, etc. Nah, we're happy with what we've got.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
I'm really excited about Foley getting his chance, the guy has had a very good apprenticeship, u certainly couldn't say he has been rushed into anything.

Great bloke as well, hopefully they don't gag him, cos he is a great interview when he gets going.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Against that, Robinson's injury will see him having a shortened pre-season too.

He'll definitely have far less dynamic rugby training before the season starts but I expect that he'll be strong and pretty fit.

I imagine he's already doing straight line jogging and plenty of work on the bike. He'll also be spending a huge amount of time in the gym.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
The biggest irony of the Suncorp game last year was everybody takes the piss, calling Queenslanders slow but how long did it take Phill Waugh to draw the conclusion that NSW should "take the f#!king points". :)

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
The biggest irony of the Suncorp game last year was everybody takes the piss, calling Queenslanders slow but how long did it take Phill Waugh to draw the conclusion that NSW should "take the f#!king points". :)

Waugh was off the field...

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
So a crack at the Tahs best 15.

1/ Fatcat
2/ TPN
3/ Kepu
4/ Vickerman
5/ Douglas (this bloke will hit the ground running this year and the bloke next to him a great mentor)
6/ Rocky
7/ Alcock
8/ Dennis (statis quo will be that Palu is again injured)
9/ Pretorius
10/ Barnes
11/ Drew
12/ Horne
13/ Carter
14/ Turner
15/ AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)

That is a strong side on paper and that pack is brutal.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I'd say Horne and Carter will be the other way around.

T-Money will be pushing Douglas for the locking spot when he comes back. Presumably Douglas or T-Money will end up playing 80 minutes and Vickers will come off after 50 or 60.

If we go for a 5-2 bench split then we could have Tilse, Fitzpatrick, Mumm, T-Money/Douglas, Palu/Dennis (whoever isn't starting), Foley (covers lots of positions) and McKibbin on the bench.

McCutcheon probably rates highly as a bench option as well because he covers 6, 7 and 8.

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
That is a bloody useful looking team. Here's hoping they can live up to the promise for 2012.

So a crack at the Tahs best 15.

1/ Fatcat
2/ TPN
3/ Kepu
4/ Vickerman
5/ Douglas (this bloke will hit the ground running this year and the bloke next to him a great mentor)
6/ Rocky
7/ Alcock
8/ Dennis (statis quo will be that Palu is again injured)
9/ Pretorius
10/ Barnes
11/ Drew
12/ Horne
13/ Carter
14/ Turner
15/ AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)

That is a strong side on paper and that pack is brutal.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)

T-Money will be pushing Douglas for the locking spot when he comes back. Presumably Douglas or T-Money will end up playing 80 minutes and Vickers will come off after 50 or 60.

If we go for a 5-2 bench split then we could have Tilse, Fitzpatrick, Mumm, T-Money/Douglas, Palu/Dennis (whoever isn't starting), Foley (covers lots of positions) and McKibbin on the bench.

McCutcheon probably rates highly as a bench option as well because he covers 6, 7 and 8.

I think you are right regarding the centres. Shame though as Horne will add better distribution and Tom played well at 13 this year. The one thing the Reds and the Tahs will have in Common this year is quallity depth in the locking positions. You could go with any number of combinations at lock and not lose much.

These are exciting times for you blokes down south. Good cattle and a coach who should be wise enough to put it to good use.
Our round one clash shapes up to be epic.

Crow

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Probably a good thing we don't have Beale, then.
The 'tahs have constantly managed to both perform below expectation while getting into the finals each year.
It's quite maddening.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)

5-2 Split sounds good, although Foley seems to prefer Paddy Ryan over the SuperProp®, Especially now because Kepu can cover both sides of the scrum if need be. I would also have Pat McCutcheon on the bench instead of Mumm, we have all seen how important Openside Flankers can be in tight situations.

Between AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), McKibben and Foley, I think we have enough reserves to cover our backline.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The question is can Dean Mumm fall so far out of favour that he can go from captaining our side at the end of the season to not being in the matchday 22 at the start of the next season?

If you go on 2011 form you'd have to say yes.

If you go on reputation you'd have to say no.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)

If we go for a 5-2 bench split then we could have Tilse.

That would strike fear into every other teams' hearts - at least those who didn't see Tilse's pathetic showing in the Shute Shield Grand Final.

McCutcheon and Perrett are both great options.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
Can we stop calling Timani T-Money, given that they'll be another Timani floating around the traps soon I think we should all stick to calling him 2 rats.

Status
Not open for further replies.