• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

as far as i can tell, there going to have talks with beau and i dont for a moment believe the elsom deal is dead, so i think the ths are just doing things quietly rather than putting out media adverts about who there going after like some places.

nope, his a adopted QLD lovechild now, cant have him back

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
nope, his a adopted QLD lovechild now, cant have him back

i didnt say they were gonna get him, but would be stupid not to talk to him. family is here, foley will be coach, tahs have a couple of good things, but expect i expect him to sign with qld for another year then jump the sinking ship if cooper leaves with the rest of em next year.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Can't help but notice the Australian U20's #9 Eddie Bredenhann. Is he signed with NSW?
He's in their amateur academy; so he can be off at any time.

Any see Dewet Roos in the Sydney Country game? I've given him faint praise in the past but he's a goer with a lot of skill. Very small though and should only be no. 3 next year, if anything.

On Tala Grey: good luck to the lad. He's a top player but as I've mentioned before he's had shoulder and knee reconstructions already at age 21. Hope he comes back more experienced and healthy.

H

high tower

Didn't see SydneyCountry game, but did watch Bredenhann trial for Aus u/20s @ Narrabeen - he barely looked up to playing u/20s to me.

Did notice that Jack Rowntree who missed out behind the often injured Stirzacker and Lucas on the 2009 Aus schools tour, played 1st grade for Manly while Cottee was getting splinters in his ass with the Force in NZ. He certainly handled the heavier contact better than some of his more light weight peers have, and as usual he tackled everything that moved.

Cyril Towers (30)
He's in their amateur academy; so he can be off at any time.

Any see Dewet Roos in the Sydney Country game? I've given him faint praise in the past but he's a goer with a lot of skill. Very small though and should only be no. 3 next year, if anything.

On Tala Grey: good luck to the lad. He's a top player but as I've mentioned before he's had shoulder and knee reconstructions already at age 21. Hope he comes back more experienced and healthy.
The contest betweem Dewet Roos for City and Mick Snowden for Country was an absolute cracker in the first half with honours shared. Roos probably got on top in the second half when the City pack started to assert some dominance. He looked strong and quick and threatened around the fringes from time to time. Harvey made some ordinary passes look good, though.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Agree - wet and windy day though. Both sides did well in the conditions.

high tower

I was at that game too and Eddie was hardly the Lone Ranger to look bad that day. I haven't rated him based on his performances for the Junior Tahs but his game for the Oz U/20s against NZ today was the best I have seen him play. It's not saying a lot, but he looked sharp and snappy.

H

high tower

Lee, can you see Brenehann filling the NSW jersey long term, his 3 years out of school now and still looks whippet thin for a guy who is in the tahs Academy and the much vaunted sydney uni program.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Too early to say. He wasn't much for the Junior Tahs and unfortunately he won't be in first grade when Phipps comes back, and Schwager is ahead of him too at Uni, which means we won't be able to see much of him. Maybe we won't know the answer to the question until the Junior Tahs start playing again in the new year - if he is still around.

But this morning he played very well; so that is a good sign.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
So looking for next year then:

1. Get Foley on a full time contract. Keep 'em 7s skippers coming.
2. Get Foley as head coach.
3. Waugh forwards coach
4. Barnes (after impending head knock) as backs coach.
5. Get a reserve scrummie
6. Change the S&C program, it clearly didnt work this year.
7. Use a rotation policy.

Said and done, we end up with something like this:

1: Cat
2: TPN
3: Keps
4: Mumm
5: Vickerman
6: Mowen
7: Alcock
8. Palu
9: McKibben
10: Foley
11: Schmoo
12: Carter
13: Horne
14: Turner
15: AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)

16: Fitzy
17: Tilse/Ryan
18. Caldwell/Douglas
19: McCutcheon
20: ?
21: Halangahu
22: Paka/BKH/Kingston

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Completely forgot about Dennis?

If Mowen re-signs we'll have good backrow and lock depth.

We need a fullback back-up because I think we'll be seeing AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) at 13 quite often..

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Completely forgot about Dennis?

If Mowen re-signs we'll have good backrow and lock depth.

We need a fullback back-up because I think we'll be seeing AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) at 13 quite often..
I suspect, from necessity with Horne blowing some sort of gasket, we'll see Cross at 13 more and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) at 15. But I suppose they could shape Turner as a 15 and use Pakalani or someone else on the wing. Or maybe Turner at 13, where I think he could be quite good with time.

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)

Sorry, Lee, but I thought Roos was disappointing in that game particularly in the first half. Despite being a goer, I think he takes far too many poor options and is too small for 1st grade let alone Super Rugby.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
We have a spot for a marquee player...

And let's not forget Timani for that matter...

Thinking aloud...if Timani's injury tonight precludes him from making the Wallabies for the early tests, that will certainly rule him out for the RWC then, and he thus might end up playing for Tonga after all...and if that happens, he could return to the Tahs as their marquee player as they haven't signed one up yet and he knows the team and its inner workings so would come back in seamlessly after his Japan sojourn...

But we need to find a 5/8 as a matter of urgency!

Status
Not open for further replies.