• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
Ellis? we want to replace one tough guy halfback who cant pass with another? Jesum H crow that's a stupid idea.

I'm no huge McKibbon fan, but surely he's a better option, at least for development of local talent. Or at least pinch another aussie half who's not getting any game time

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
funny how its the same names over and over when we get halfbacks in this country. phibbs, valentine, sheehan, holmes, even stannard has been around a while. Where are the new up and comming halfbacks in this country? other than Genia and kingi of course

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
sorry, I thought I'd mentioned him. I was close, but no cigar.

even still, we seem to have 1 good halfback, 1 promising halfback, 1 untried but potentially good halfback and 6-7 tried and tested average halfbacks in this country. The bloody Saffers have tons of quality halfbacks. What gives? do we not support them? are all the little blokes dreaming of being try scoring wingers?

T

tranquility

Reds wont let him go will they?

It wouldn't be their decision, he is only on an academy or professional academy contract. A full time Super Rugby contract would automatically supersede it.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
It wouldn't be their decision, he is only on an academy or professional academy contract. A full time Super Rugby contract would automatically supersede it.

If JOC (James O'Connor) comes to the reds than I can't see him hanging around. Good luck to him, rebels and force are an option as well?

Brumbies Guy

John Solomon (38)
No thank you but Nick White is high on my priority list of targets. His treatment in Brumbyland this year has been diabolical.

Brumbyland currently has him as the only contracted halfback for next year onwards - he won't be leaving anytime soon.

Cyril Towers (30)
Eddie Bredenhann?.. best under 20 halfback in the country apparently.

This kid is going to be very good. Have to keep reminding myself that he is that young. Played a fair bit of first grade for Uni last year and Junior Tahs as well. Give him a couple of years and he may well turn out to be a good one.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Eddie is not the real deal yet as topo inicates but he's one of those fellows who wouldn't surprise you if he came good for a Super spot. He wasn't stellar for the JWs this year but we'll get a good look at him in the U20 tournament.

The same could be said about 10. Ben Seymour who other folks have mentioned. And Rohan Saifoloi was the Oz Schools flyhalf two years ago and is holding his place at fullback for Southerns is another possibility at 10. He is also in the U20 team. Volavola is another.

Bernard Foley is a real smokey but I've seen very little of him in XVs rugby, but what I saw looked promising. Another prospect who is an Oz Sevens player is young Angus Hamilton who is very quick, but started quite a few games for the Rats Ones last year at 10 and he looked like he has what it takes. Then they picked him for the bloody Sevens, but good on him.

But they are more for later - nobody playing club rugby in Sydney jumps out at you for next year though as a sure bet for 9 and 10 in Super Rugby. They may have to import for one of those spots.

Josh Holmes may still be around next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.