• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
With Barnes future now in considerable doubt and Beale off to the Rebels, the team that most needs to sign JOC (James O'Connor) next year is the Tahs. With Hangers our only playmaker with any experience and no one in the academy squad that looks mature enough yet I suspect our new marquee signing might be an overseas 10. Are any of the Aussie 10's overseas off contract? I think I read Brock James has re-signed.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I see the future...
McKibben, Halangahu, Carter, Cross, Mitchell, Turner, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
The Journeymen...kind of like INXS without a Michael Hutchence.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
CH: fuck, do you still have michelak's number
JA: YOU TOLD ME WE DIDNT NEED HIM!
CH: Yeah, well you should have had our latest star flyhalf checked with a neorosugeon before signing him. All you did was give him half an hour with Sharon. And we all know how Sharon "suck it up mate you'll be right" flahive sees these things. Look at taf
JA: well you better get Mick to ramp up those forwards of yours. If they dint start pulling their weight you may be without a hooker next year too. He can't bloody do it all on his own. Jaysus hickey, I'm glad axle's getting your job next year
CH: me too, I'm going back to bloody club rugby where no one cares what I do. I'm sick of all this.... (exits grumbling)

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I see the future...
McKibben, Halangahu, Carter, Cross, Mitchell, Turner, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
The Journeymen...kind of like INXS without a Michael Hutchence.

Appreciate the thought but it's a bit of a stretch to call Mitchell and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) journeymen, unless you mean journeying TO THE TRY LINE

OH YEAAAAAHHHH GO WARATAHSSSSSSSSSSS

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

sorry, I think I blacked out for a bit there

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Appreciate the thought but it's a bit of a stretch to call Mitchell and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) journeymen, unless you mean journeying TO THE TRY LINE

OH YEAAAAAHHHH GO WARATAHSSSSSSSSSSS

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

sorry, I think I blacked out for a bit there
You're assuming that set of inside backs would get the ball to Mitchell or AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper). :)

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
i think where sweet for next year without signing anyone, we can compress the backline and play dennis as an extra forward, 11 man rugby is the future and the future is here.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
i think where sweet for next year without signing anyone, we can compress the backline and play dennis as an extra forward, 11 man rugby is the future and the future is here.

If the future is here, that is the present, so the issue of what we do next year remains unanswered. But I like your optimism, WJ!

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
I have full faith that the Tahs recruitment will get us someone able and up for the job - remember they got us Schmoo, Cross, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) and Barnes out of nowhere.

But try NOT to remember Anesi.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Kingi, To'omua. Love to see them in sky blue. Not for next year, but for the next 5 years

How about you stop relying on queenslanders for any sort of coherent back-line play.

Is there really no one in the "rugby capital of australia" capable of playing 10 at super rugby level...

SuperGrover

Darby Loudon (17)
Well given that the Reds had to look to New Zealand... stones, glasshouses.

Speaking of looking to New Zealand... does anyone know how young Ben Seymour is playing for Manly. Could he be the answer at 10?

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Well given that the Reds had to look to New Zealand... stones, glasshouses.

Quade came on his own accord. And even if he had never come, there was Barnes, JOC (James O'Connor), Lucas, Kingi, To'omua. As opposed to what, Halangahu.....

And that's just the inside backs.

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
I don't understand what you are saying. Is it that the players you've listed all had no choice but to leave Queensland.
I doubt that the other states have forced Queensland playmakers to move by gunpoint.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
How about you stop relying on queenslanders for any sort of coherent back-line play.

Is there really no one in the "rugby capital of australia" capable of playing 10 at super rugby level...

what queenslanders? one is in canberra and one is in melbourne. the game went pro a few years back, try to catch up

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
what queenslanders? one is in canberra and one is in melbourne. the game went pro a few years back, try to catch up

They were all queenslanders originally. Point I am trying to make is that nsw has more players and the closest thing australia has to 3rd tier in the shute shield, yet continually fail to produce a enough quality backs to feed their professional team. Something is systematically wrong with the development pathways.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
They were all queenslanders originally. Point I am trying to make is that nsw has more players and the closest thing australia has to 3rd tier in the shute shield, yet continually fail to produce a enough quality backs to feed their professional team. Something is systematically wrong with the development pathways.

Something is systematically wrong with qld that so many players are willing to leave.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Something is systematically wrong with qld that so many players are willing to leave.

Yes, something WAS systematically wrong. I don't know if you watched this afternoons game, but there is a lot less wrong with Queensland rugby today than there was a couple of years ago. Not just on the field either.

Status
Not open for further replies.