• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lance Free

Arch Winning (36)
What's barnes history with captaincy? I know Vicks was captain at Cambridge...

Wallaby Vice-Captain on the 2009 Spring Tour (but got injured in Japan on the way over).

Captained the Wobblies in a couple of the mid week games on last year's Spring Tour.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Barnes makes sense, he is good tactically, likable and comfortable with the media.

Can he lead, dunno, Vicks a captain of the pigs makes sense.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I thought the scarf was passable.

It isn't great, could be a little longer, but isn't terrible.

I'd have preferred a new cap. My old Tahs cap is in a fairly crappy state.

Cyril Towers (30)
Tahs first trial game against Samoa on Feb 10 in Tamworth. They're coming to town for a week beforehand, similar to last year at Nowra, and will be involved in coaching clinics and other community activities. The local rugby community is pretty excited.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)

Thanks for that. It's a bit too far to drive for this old tragic though.

Let's know about the other trials, as you find out about them - also anything you hear about Junior Tahs games.

I wonder what the story is with the Junior matches this year since they have a new NA system. There are 60+ players in that and a big chunk of them would be from NSW. In the past a few of those lads (with the EPS guys) would have been in the Tahs pro academy (to give it a generic name).

Those players (8 in 2011), plus fringe contracted Super players, plus a few of the amateur young shavers, would play 3-4 games for the Junior Tahs outside of the official Tahs trials. In some games they gave a lot of the amateurs a run; no doubt as auditions for the following year.

Do you have any idea what is going to happen with Junior matches in 2012? And will the NSW lads in the NA be allowed to fill out the JT teams?

I'm going to need therapy if they don't have them.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Tahs first trial game against Samoa on Feb 10 in Tamworth. They're coming to town for a week beforehand, similar to last year at Nowra, and will be involved in coaching clinics and other community activities. The local rugby community is pretty excited.

Less than two months away , that will come quickly. Went to Lismore a couple of years back for the Tah's v Reds trial and have to say that the smaller communities really support these games. The goodwill that the Tah's leave behind will be significant.

Love trials, they're a good opportunity to have a good look at the whole squad and the players use it as a real opportunity to press claims for a starting 22 spot, so it's full on.

Cyril Towers (30)

Thanks for that. It's a bit too far to drive for this old tragic though.

Let's know about the other trials, as you find out about them - also anything you hear about Junior Tahs games.

I wonder what the story is with the Junior matches this year since they have a new NA system. There are 60+ players in that and a big chunk of them would be from NSW. In the past a few of those lads (with the EPS guys) would have been in the Tahs pro academy (to give it a generic name).

Those players (8 in 2011), plus fringe contracted Super players, plus a few of the amateur young shavers, would play 3-4 games for the Junior Tahs outside of the official Tahs trials. In some games they gave a lot of the amateurs a run; no doubt as auditions for the following year.

Do you have any idea what is going to happen with Junior matches in 2012? And will the NSW lads in the NA be allowed to fill out the JT teams?

I'm going to need therapy if they don't have them.

Not sure what the plan is, but you'd think they'd need to do something to maintain match fitness for those outside the match day 22, at least until the Shute Shield starts.

N

Newter

Had a listen to Michael Foley on the rugby show on foxtel the other day. Shocking speaker. Ends all his sentences with a plaintive question mark, like he doesn't really believe in what he's saying. How's that going to cut it with the players when the pressure is on mid season?

Combine this with the dearth of credible leaders in the Tahs' top XV and I'm beginning to fear the worst.

N

Newter

Barnes makes sense, he is good tactically, likable and comfortable with the media.

Can he lead, dunno, Vicks a captain of the pigs makes sense.

Barnes is a blathering idiot. He's a motormouth. Let him run the backs moves, but the captaincy? Christ no.

T

TOCC

Not including NTS players in the trial matches would be a backwards step in development....
But it's gonna be hard to include them if they aren't training with the actual team anyway..

Status
Not open for further replies.