• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
cyclopath said:
WJ, you inspire me!! :lmao:
Do you rescue kittens from trees too?

you know what, not a cat person, an orphan or a women, maybe, but a cat, they climb for a reason, just leave them be.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
waratahjesus said:
cyclopath said:

you know what, not a cat person, an orphan (as long as it was caucasian) or an unugly women, maybe, but a cat, they climb for a reason, just leave them be.
With you there, mate. About the cat.
If a woman is up a tree, it's probably worth leaving her there too. Unless she's like Lindo's favourite at the Taphouse and has a Tahs banner (see how I kept it on topic, Scarfy).

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
#1 Tah said:
MrMouse said:
waratahjesus said:
benn apparantly is unhappy his contract negotiations were made public if the papers can be believed and has put off resigning until he resolves the problems with the board member in question.
*gulp* do you have the board member's name, WJ? Is it permissible to discuss...persuasive methodology...here on G&GR?

Al Baxter.

:nta: Baxter is the RUPA rep on the Waratahs board, at the moment..............................................

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
cyclopath said:
waratahjesus said:
cyclopath said:

you know what, not a cat person, an orphan , maybe, but a cat, they climb for a reason, just leave them be.
With you there, mate. About the cat.
If a woman is up a tree, it's probably worth leaving her there too. Unless she's like Lindo's favourite at the Taphouse and has a Tahs banner (see how I kept it on topic, Scarfy).

i still think the taphouse is overpriced, in 2011 i think we should hit up the dolphin

AussieDominance

Trevor Allan (34)
WJ, good people come from the Hornsby area. I heard Leroy doesn't like Link for getting rid of him for the Tahs and is considering a return home :thumb

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
AussieDominance said:
WJ, good people come from the Hornsby area. I heard Leroy doesn't like Link for getting rid of him for the Tahs and is considering a return home :thumb

ive heard he is keen to get back to sydney on the grape vine, but leroy has no one to blame for the tahs dropping him but himself, he has come miles since and things happen. But he shouldnt be blaming others.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
waratahjesus said:
AussieDominance said:

ive heard he is keen to get back to sydney on the grape vine, but leroy has no one to blame for the tahs dropping him but himself, he has come miles since and things happen. But he shouldnt be blaming others.

+1 leroy has no one to blame but himself

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
fatprop said:
#1 Tah said:
MrMouse said:
waratahjesus said:
benn apparantly is unhappy his contract negotiations were made public if the papers can be believed and has put off resigning until he resolves the problems with the board member in question.
*gulp* do you have the board member's name, WJ? Is it permissible to discuss...persuasive methodology...here on G&GR?

Al Baxter.

:nta: Baxter is the RUPA rep on the Waratahs board, at the moment..............................................

I think Freier and Halangahu are, Baxter is the players rep on the NSWRU LTD board

sudrugby

Watty Friend (18)
Nothing seems to be official for Nadolo. I know he's going to represent Fiji against the Wallabies next weekend but there's no proofs of him signing in Bourgoin (execept a tweet he sent me). First french medias were talking about Nemani Nasiganiyavi (mix with its former name) and today it is Alipate Nagaya (fijian with the same physic) who has been announced!

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Bruce Ross said:
waratahjesus said:
cyclopath said:

you know what, not a cat person, an orphan or a women, maybe, but a cat, they climb for a reason, just leave them be.

I would hope I'm not the only one who finds this post offensive. And to save the inevitable post(s) in reply, no, I don't have a sense of humour about racist comments or those about women's appearance.

sorry bruce, was meant to be offensive, i dont actually believe it, its just a joke, probably more a pub joke than a forum one, i apologise for the offense .

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
sudrugby said:
Nothing seems to be official for Nadolo. I know he's going to represent Fiji against the Wallabies next weekend but there's no proofs of him signing in Bourgoin (execept a tweet he sent me). First french medias were talking about Nemani Nasiganiyavi (mix with its former name) and today it is Alipate Nagaya (fijian with the same physic) who has been announced!

If Nadolo's playing for Fiji, then he would surely need a special dispensation to remain signed by an Australian S14 team?

T

TOCC

Nadalo wouldnt really need special dispensation, he just needs to fill the foreign marquee player, however considering he isnt a proven player at that level, i dont see why any club in Australia would see much benefit in signing him and using up there one position.

Potentially the Rebels might be interested in him considering the have more positions, but i dont think he is the type of player they are chasing.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
and its official, he's signed a 3 year deal with the ARU and Tahs. Great news for NSW!

HSBC Waratahs and Wallabies prop Benn Robinson has recommitted to NSW and Australian Rugby, signing a three-year deal which will take him through to the expanded Super Rugby season and Rugby World Cup in 2011, and well beyond.
Benn Robinson

Benn Robinson

Benn Robinson [2010 Super 14 Round 5 - HSBC Waratahs v Lions; Sydney Football Stadium; 12/3/10]

Over the past three years Robinson has redefined himself on the field to become one of the leading players in his position in world Rugby.

Robinson missed the back end of the HSBC Waratahs' 2010 Super 14 season with a broken arm, and believes he has unfinished business at both a provincial and a national level.

"It was really tough being on the sidelines for a few weeks after the Crusaders game and then reinjuring the arm against the Chiefs because I knew we were a genuine chance of winning the title," said Robinson. "This Waratahs team has a really strong culture and I think in 2010 we started to show a lot of belief in our game.

"That's only going to improve next year with most of the squad staying on and I'm really looking forward to being a part of it.

"Whenever your contract is up you have a bit of a look at what is out there and obviously 2011 is a pretty big season, but at the end of the day in terms of footy there's nowhere I'd rather be than at NSW.

Robinson added that his current stint on the sideline has only served to drive his passion harder to push towards a Super Rugby title and the Rugby World Cup in 2011.

"In a contact sport like rugby you're rarely without a few bumps bruises but it's only when you have to miss some footy that you really take stock of where you're at and where you want to be and I've done a fair bit of that over the last couple of months," said Robinson. "I know now that when I come back there's going to be guys in the Wallabies squad keen to keep me out and I'll have to win back my place there and with the front row depth we have at NSW I have to keep working hard to do the best for the team.

"If I can continue to work hard and do my bit, hopefully I'll be a part of some high achievements with both NSW and Australia."

Robinson made his NSW debut on the 2004 Development Tour of Argentina against Salta in a game which also saw Tom Carter and Dean Mumm commence their state careers.

He went on to make his Super 14 debut against the Queensland Reds in 2006 and earned his first Test cap later that year against the Springboks.

After missing selection in the 2007 World Cup squad, Robinson was forced to start the 2008 season with the HSBC Junior Waratahs. However after breaking into the Super 14 team and helping the team to the competition Final, Robinson went on to enjoy a hallmark season which finished with him holding down the No.1 jersey for the Wallabies.

Robinson carried that form into 2009 where he finished runner-up in the Australian Super 14 Player of the Year Award and was later voted by the public as the People's Choice Wallaby of the Year.

Newb

Trevor Allan (34)
maybe he was holding out for that 3rd year? not many 3 year contracts going around are there?

Status
Not open for further replies.