• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
It would take a season plus an off-season for him to even get close to peak fitness - at his age, it takes a very long time indeed to get back to peak fitness after even one season out.

Yes, I appreciate Vickerman's value as a mentor, but I wouldn't expect anything of him on the field. A step above a dud/failure may still be hovering at the failure-level.

Noddy; Vickerman just wasn't out muscled vs the Poms at the last RWC, he was outplayed (and out of form) and he knew it - and he gave away absolutely stupid penalties to boot. It was one of the worst performances from an Aus second row ever in a RWC. To me it just showed that he hadn't had enough playing time to get back to the level required - didn't he miss the entire S14 that year? fatprop; yeah, you can say that the entire pack was outplayed in that game and you would probably be right, but some contributed a lot less than others, and Vickerman stunk, with the tragedy being a fully fit and in form Vickerman might have won us the game. The point being, yes Vickerman was a great player, but I think everyone is expecting way too much of him, should he return.

T

TOCC

i agree that people are expecting way to much from a Vickerman return, however ash im not as dettered about the fitness aspect, for all we know he has been doing a stringent weights and cardio routine over the past 12months, in which case it wouldnt take all that long for him to get back peak match fitness.

Lindommer

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
On the positive side maybe the rest from top-level rugby the last two years has allowed his body to recover. He did have a lot of injuries in the preceding five or so years. Here's hoping he looks to Brad Thorn as an example.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Saw him in the Varsity game and he looked decent - nothing half a S15 season couldn't fix maybe; but I'd hate to tie up a lock position for that long to see if I was right because I may be wrong. If he were younger: definitely worth a punt, but he's not. Let's move on.

Barring injuries I see Sharpe and Horwill as our starting RWC locks and the usual suspects as the backups. After the RWC we should see the rise of Simmons, Douglas and Peterson, and who knows: if the first two blow socks off in 2011 or even the EOYT, they could become new suspects for the RWC squad.

T

tranquility

I would say that both Douglas and Simmonds would be very much in the frame for the WC given another 12 months of development.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
http://nswrugby.com.au/FansStuff/CampWaratah/CampWaratah.aspx

Cost: $80

Time: 9am-3pm

What will be provided:
Each participant will receive a cap, water bottle, and Rugby ball

Who will be there:
Coaching will be provided by ARU Community Rugby Development staff, HSBC Junior Waratahs, HSBC Waratahs players and coaches.

Hmmm, anyone want to take a sweep on #1 Tah's age? 6 - 14?

I'd qualify (like most on this board) if they consider mental maturity age; unfortunately my body's age is more like 56 - 64. Shame my actual age is not actually near any either of those age ranges.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
Haha it was pretty fun considering it was pissing down with rain. The coaching was average, no A-Grade Tahs except Al Baxter, Brendan McKibben, Ed Brenac, Kane Douglas and Greg Jeloudev were all there, also some irish prop called chris, as well as the backs coach for the Aussie womens team, and some blokes from the office that play 3rd grade for uni.

Newb

Trevor Allan (34)
did kane look healthy? wasn't sure if he's injured or just out of favor with the wallaby set up.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
I don't think young Kane did himself any favours in his cameo for the Baas in game 1.

You never know - sometimes players get a rocket for being late to meetings or bludging at training and we punters never find out.

Plenty of time for him but if the tea leaves are right he'd better get them lined up; he is too big a talent to be allowed to go walkabout.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
you shall find your answer in my new signature. Kane is fine and is running around for Southern Districts this weekend against Manly.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
Squad 2011

guys they have updated the squad for 2011. 29 players so far. I am putting together my pack and backs based on order of selection.

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    76.5 KB · Views: 209

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
Squad 2011

By popular demand, in order of selection, here is my Pack and Backs for 2011.

Attachments

• IMG.pdf
    242 KB · Views: 346

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Finally, someone with worse hand-writing than mine...and given my profession that is saying something!!
Team looks OK though, N.O.T.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
al right well that list differs from the one I have listed on the front page. I don't have Cam Jowitt of Jeremy Tilse, and the Tahs don't have Rory Sidey!

T

tranquility

Rory Sidey should start coaching, I don't seem him having much more of a playing career.

Status
Not open for further replies.