• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratah Fan Forum

Waratah fan forum:

• Good idea

Votes: 27 60.0%
  • Bad idea

Votes: 18 40.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
that said Mo, the service at the Force game was great, and the longest I had to wait was 3-5 minuts just after half time. Upside of diminishing crowds?

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
Price isn't the issue, it's quality and service.

Bar and food lines are huge and move far too slowly due to incompetence of staff and management. There's only one beer and it gets served in plastic cups. It's no better at quieter games either - they close most of the bars and concentrate the problems.

I still think this whole line of thinking is a red herring and a symptom of the underlying issues rather than the cause. If people really wanted to be at the game they would be prepared to go 1.5 hours without beer (and thats really the worse case scenario). Has there really been any change in the food/drink price or servicing since super rugby started. Yep prices go up each year, as they do for everything, but otherwise I think the same comments would have arisen at any time since super rugby started in 1996 including the years the tahs were sell out matches.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Am I the only one who does their piss drinking before the game and remains glued to their site for the duration, to then resume piss drinking afterwards? I don't want to miss any of the action, so I *never* knick off to the bar while the game is on.

It's called half-time. Generally no problems at Suncorp to get to bar, get 4 beers and get back to seat in time for the 2nd half. Some dodging or "gliding past" of the Punters lining up for spirits/wines may be required on the odd occasion though.

Henry

Bill Watson (15)
Am I the only one who does their piss drinking before the game and remains glued to their site for the duration, to then resume piss drinking afterwards? I don't want to miss any of the action, so I *never* knick off to the bar while the game is on.

Me and my mate get the non die-hard Tah fans we drag along with us to go get the beers. No way I'm risking missing something.

antimony

Herbert Moran (7)
Never had to post before you guys usually cover everything so well.

While I was slagging of the reds after the debacle of the Eddie Jones, 07, 92-3 Bulls debacle I had an epiphany. If I just stand around I'm part of the problem not the solution. So I became a Reds member, just a cheap one at first because I was a student but as my income has increased so has my membership contribution. Perhaps the only good thing about capitalism is that if you earn money you get to decide where to spend it.

If the atmosphere is crap you can complain about it and spread the discontent or you can go to the game and start yelling, maybe even invite some friends. Some people here are doing this already, join them.

I now have a good seat with 6 other friends and family who are also members, we go out for a meal (why would even consider eating at a stadium is beyond me) and drinks before every game get our skin full and stay glued to our seats for 80min (quickly ducking to the toilet during conversions etc.) If I need more to drink half time is long enough for me to leave the stadium run up the road and have a few shots. Admittedly at homebush your screwed, but surely if you think about this is possible at the SFS?

The point is you can be responsible for your entertainment. The Tahs should obviously care but why leave it to them? They should be focused on basic skills execution in order to be able to play a variety of game plans to suit conditions/opposition, which is the real problem.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
G'day antimony - I guess I disagree about food and beer. The game is held at dinner time. I like to have a couple before the game, and a couple at the game, and a couple after the game and go home. Somewhere in there I need to eat. The SFS has the slowest service of any venue I have been to. They also have awful choices of food and drink.

In fact, you may have a point about running down the road to the Captain Cook - at least they have decent beer.

Bruce - the idea that what the SFS does is "out of the hands" of the Waratahs is crazy.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Scarf,

I would have thought the Waratahs would be tenants of the SCG trust area? Therefore, I would have thought the bare minimum you would do is discuss the terms of that tenancy and chat about various issues that could affect that tenancy? Car parking would be an example.

Or do they not bother and go back to the Concord oval days?

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
Interesting to note that the SMH didnt have one positive quote from last night (there were a few)

The Telegraph mentioned Lauren and me though.

HodgoBerro

Bill Watson (15)
Dean Mumm's quote sort of begs the question - why was he not at the forum as the current captain?

Agreed.
I understand some of the players have other commitments but if anyone was a stand out last night it was Lachie Turner, snuck in the back and watched the whole thing unfold.

All the leadership group should of been there.

HodgoBerro

Bill Watson (15)
Just read on Twitter this;

On Rugby Heaven tomorrow - a must read.

That imposing white-haired man last night should be listened to. He's a former Wallaby.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Dean Mumm's quote sort of begs the question - why was he not at the forum as the current captain?

It was a sensible move to not have any of the Saturday team at the meeting. Such an emotional event could easily disrupt preparation for Saturday and that's the last thing the team needs. As the article says, Dean's focussed on winning; not running the ball from everywhere, but playing the best we can and winning. I for one am happy that he is. If we lose Saturday we won't make the finals. Lets wait and see how they play Saturday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.