• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallaby Watch 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Kane's a done deal, just waiting until after the Tahs season to announce it I believe. Rightly should not be picked but if he wasn't going he's the first picked lock imo.

Pfitzy

Nathan Sharpe (72)
'tis a shame - he absolutely fucking annihilated a few Lions on the weekend in contact. Such a solid player who makes Simmons look like the beardless boy he is.

Just like Chris Whitaker, who headed offshore before his time due to lack of opportunities despite being head and shoulders above his peers for two seasons.

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
Wallabies need more Fuckwits.

Not fuckwits like James O'Connor.

Fuckwits who'll toe that line, step over it occasionally, and make sure the opposition earn every touch of that damn ball.

Can Nathan Hines change Allegiances again?

T

Train Without a Station

Yes. More players the opposition think are fuckwits and less that our own think are fuckwits

lewisr

Bill McLean (32)
Quade gone for 16 weeks. I think this means we go with Matty To'omua for the Wallabies till the end of the RC. Bring Quade back into the fold in the EOYT and see if he can bring back his form. Otherwise the World Cup 10 will have to be decided on next years SR15 form.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
It's a tough one regarding Douglas.

On form you'd have him in the Wallaby squad and the Waratahs are still hoping to convince him to stay.

The understanding seems to be that he's agreed to terms in Ireland but hasn't signed a contract yet. If that's the case, you'd probably think Link will pick him on the basis that he both deserves to be part of the squad and it might help sway him to stay in Australian rugby.

Will certainly be one of the interesting aspects of Thursday's announcement.

Douglas is going because he feels, rightly or wrongly, that Link doesn't rate him and has Simmons and Horwill (at least) in front of him. The contract he was offered was similar dollars to the Euro deal but incentivised so that Douglas had to be selected for all games and the Wallabies had to win them to bring the dollars up. Not a fair comparison, given Douglas is pretty sure Link will only select him on the bench and often not give him a run (so zero dollars that game) based on last year's experience.

I'm sure he feels that he's getting second rate treatment and I think that I would too. This is what you get when you piss all the Rugby money away on JON's severance pay and the like.

T

tranquility

McCabe or Horne? Pretty much similar players and can play similar positions.

McCabe in a canter. Years of consistent evidence of play behind him, not to mention current form. I was once Horne's biggest sprucer, but he is only just getting back to the form he promised all those years ago.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Quade gone for 16 weeks. I think this means we go with Matty To'omua for the Wallabies till the end of the RC. Bring Quade back into the fold in the EOYT and see if he can bring back his form. Otherwise the World Cup 10 will have to be decided on next years SR15 form.

Gees Dont think between now and the end of season tour To'omua or Foley could hold the job so good we dont need Quade... I rate Quade but his out.. so we go well we could have found out 5/8.

Im so guttered its not Quade /To'omua.. but half think a Beale 10 , To'omua 12 .. would be gold..

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
McCabe in a canter. Years of consistent evidence of play behind him, not to mention current form. I was once Horne's biggest sprucer, but he is only just getting back to the form he promised all those years ago.
Did you preen him as well as sprucing him up? ;)
Yeah, McCabe has the runs on the board more, both are playing well now, funnily enough as wingers, not 12s. To be honest, on current form, either would probably do the job, depending upon what that job is.
Godwin has been less impressive this year compared to last (and yes, I have watched him, Force fans) and I think might be a tad behind the other two. Definitely for the very near future, though.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Douglas is going because he feels, rightly or wrongly, that Link doesn't rate him and has Simmons and Horwill (at least) in front of him. The contract he was offered was similar dollars to the Euro deal but incentivised so that Douglas had to be selected for all games and the Wallabies had to win them to bring the dollars up. Not a fair comparison, given Douglas is pretty sure Link will only select him on the bench and often not give him a run (so zero dollars that game) based on last year's experience.

I'm sure he feels that he's getting second rate treatment and I think that I would too. This is what you get when you piss all the Rugby money away on JON's severance pay and the like.

Seriously.. If that's your reasoning then piss off to Europe, his gotta know that Simmons and Horwill have been rubbish this year.. and his a good chance of making the money and going to a world cup. He sounds like he has no faith in his ability so why should we give him the money.. Or is it here Douglas have 600 k a year cos we think you have a chance to be good.. if he thought he was good enough he would have stayed. His obviously not.. so take the money overseas and let someone else who actually wants to be there have his jersey..

EDIT.. You said rightly or wrongly .. so nothing against you.. it just annoys me his left when he could have made a world cup and been one of our top locks.

Pusser

Larry Dwyer (12)
Seriously.. If that's your reasoning then piss off to Europe, his gotta know that Simmons and Horwill have been rubbish this year.. and his a good chance of making the money and going to a world cup. He sounds like he has no faith in his ability so why should we give him the money.. Or is it here Douglas have 600 k a year cos we think you have a chance to be good.. if he thought he was good enough he would have stayed. His obviously not.. so take the money overseas and let someone else who actually wants to be there have his jersey..

EDIT.. You said rightly or wrongly .. so nothing against you.. it just annoys me his left when he could have made a world cup and been one of our top locks.
I think it is that he doesn't think Link has sufficient faith in his ability or trust that he will be selected on form rather than having no faith in his own ability.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.