• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallaby Watch 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I would be looking at developing Godwin before selecting either Lilo or Beale.
Godwin needs to "develop" more at Super level. Having looked good last year, he has been a bit less stellar this year. I wouldn't "develop" him in the international arena yet. He will be a long term 12 for the Wallabies, at some stage, I believe. We need to beat France but get some combos happening, and I would be looking at To'omua to start and McCabe to relieve him. This year.

T

Train Without a Station

Godwin needs to "develop" more at Super level. Having looked good last year, he has been a bit less stellar this year. I wouldn't "develop" him in the international arena yet. He will be a long term 12 for the Wallabies, at some stage, I believe. We need to beat France but get some combos happening, and I would be looking at To'omua to start and McCabe to relieve him. This year.

I'd argue if he can't string consecutive seasons together with the benefit of a full off season and preseason unlike wallaby incumbents he won't be a long term anything for the wallabies

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Ok I will Put together a team for France but a bit different.

1. Sio
2. Moore
3. Slips
4. Fardy
5. Simmons (C)
6. Higgers
7. Hoopers
8. Palu
9. White
10. Foley
11. Beale
12. To'omua
13. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) (VC)
14. Izzy
15. Mogg

bench of
16.Genia
17.Horwill
18. Longbottom
19. Smith
20. McCalman
21. Charles
22. McCabe
23. Cooper

Maybe if Simmons was captain he would stop having brain farts, remember it helped Horwill back in the day.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
I agree he hasn't been the same player as last year but he has still been bloody good he is the best defensive back in the comp with a tackle success rate over 90% his attacking stats are a little down but that's partly to do the extra attention he has been receive from opposition players and the game plan the force are employing.

But him in a back line with cooper AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) izzy he will have the space to work and attack.

He isn't the best 12 in aus ATM but he has the most potential and I think just being exposed to the national setup would do massive things for his game.

If you look at his stats he has more run metres than McCabe and has beaten more defenders the thing he is down on from last year is clean breaks but like i said its due to the lack of space in he force game plan.

Beales attack stats are double any other 12 in aus but because he defends at 15 so much and drops back to take kick as and counter more than an other (which isn't really something 12's do).

He also didn't have a full preseason after a shoulder recon.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
I agree he hasn't been the same player as last year but he has still been bloody good he is the best defensive back in the comp with a tackle success rate over 90% his attacking stats are a little down but that's partly to do the extra attention he has been receive from opposition players and the game plan the force are employing.

But him in a back line with cooper AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) izzy he will have the space to work and attack.

He isn't the best 12 in aus ATM but he has the most potential and I think just being exposed to the national setup would do massive things for his game.

If you look at his stats he has more run metres than McCabe and has beaten more defenders the thing he is down on from last year is clean breaks but like i said its due to the lack of space in he force game plan.

Beatles attack stats are double any other 12 in aus but because he defends at 15 so much and drops back to take kick as and counter more than an other (which isn't really something 12's do).

He also didn't have a full preseason after a shoulder recon.

Gotta remember McCabe has one Le who has pushed him to cameo's off the bench at the moment. Mostly to have 2 inform players come finals time.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Gotta remember McCabe has one Le who has pushed him to cameo's off the bench at the moment. Mostly to have 2 inform players come finals time.
True Godwin has about 100mins on McCabe in game time but I still think people aren't really giving him the credit he should be getting because he isn't playing in the same manner as last year which has more to do with the game plan than the player.

I also think Lilo is living on his 2012 form and really needs to show something soon bar his goal kicking he hasn't impressed me for 2 years.

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)

1. Sio
2. Moore
3. Slips
4. Fardy
5. Simmons (C)
6. Higgers
7. Hoopers
8. Palu
9. White
10. Foley
11. Beale
12. To'omua
14. Izzy
15. Mogg

bench of
16.Genia
17.Horwill
18. Longbottom
19. Smith
20. McCalman
21. Charles
22. McCabe
23. Cooper

Maybe if Simmons was captain he would stop having brain farts, remember it helped Horwill back in the day.
not sure where to start with this

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)

1. Sio
2. Moore
3. Slips
4. Fardy
5. Simmons (C)
6. Higgers
7. Hoopers
8. Palu
9. White
10. Foley
11. Beale
12. To'omua
14. Izzy
15. Mogg

bench of
16.Genia
17.Horwill
18. Longbottom
19. Smith
20. McCalman
21. Charles
22. McCabe
23. Cooper

Higgers has been very averages, Jones has been consistent all year, confused me here. Fardy at 6 Jones at 4 Hooper (c).
The I looked at the backs, and realized you were pulling or legs.

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
yes that would be my first ^^ maybe equal with simmons as skipper or fardy in the second row or beale starting at 11 or foley at 10

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)

1. Sio
2. Moore
3. Slips
4. Fardy
5. Simmons (C)
6. Higgers
7. Hoopers
8. Palu
9. White
10. Foley
11. Beale
12. To'omua
14. Izzy
15. Mogg

bench of
16.Genia
17.Horwill
18. Longbottom
19. Smith
20. McCalman
21. Charles
22. McCabe
23. Cooper

Mogg's finito - the bloody stormers showed everyone how to close him down.

BDA

Jim Lenehan (48)
maybe a bit unfair to say Moggs finished. his form has been patchy this year. He did outplay Folau in the early rounds. He's outside the squad at the moment, but i wouldn't be surprised if he became a great test player in the next few years. I've never been the biggest fan but he certainly has all the tools.

Reactions: gel

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
maybe a bit unfair to say Moggs finished. his form has been patchy this year. He did outplay Folau in the early rounds. He's outside the squad at the moment, but i wouldn't be surprised if he became a great test player in the next few years. I've never been the biggest fan but he certainly has all the tools.

except a right foot kick - you don't necessarily need a great one if you are a natural left footer but you do need a passable one (Ex A = Dan Carter)

Status
Not open for further replies.