• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallaby Watch 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
I've always been a Harris fan and think the Rebels have made a great pickup. I'd have him in the Wallabies 23 any day. He is ever dependable and he makes players around him play better, not to mention he appears to have his radar boot back.

On the Gill thing, I'll probably be lynched for saying this as a Force fan, but I would prefer to see Gill in the Wallaby squad than Hodgo. I love what Hodgo is doing for the Force, but if your honest with yourself it is limited and would likely be exposed at international level. Gill is the future.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
On the Gill thing, I'll probably be lynched for saying this as a Force fan, but I would prefer to see Gill in the Wallaby squad than Hodgo. I love what Hodgo is doing for the Force, but if your honest with yourself it is limited and would likely be exposed at international level. Gill is the future.
Hodgo deserves his call up. It was based on the form and availability at the time; as it should be.

But you're right, and there's no mortgage on that spot for him. Not sure the backup openside will necessarily get a lot of game time but there needs to be one in the squad, as we know from 2011. Wouldn't be surprised if Gill comes into the frame fairly soon.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) is getting impossible to ignore at 13. Kuridrani needs a big game

I have in the past been a strident critic of AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper). Tonight he was extremely good against very good players. He will be a certainty for the Wallabies squad, just where is the question, would have to be in the frame at 13 if the Wallabies are going to play a high tempo game like the Tahs did tonight against the Chiefs.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
After the last two weeks Phipps has justified his selction in the Wallabies squad with career best performances. I think however he is playing this form for only about 60 minutes with his passing and arrival at the breakdown dropping off markedly after that. That said he is playing the best 9 play for the Tahs have seen, over the last few weeks, since Whitaker retired.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Slipper
Moore
Alexander
Simmons
Horwill
Fardy
Hooper (C)
Palu
Genia
Foley
Cummins
To'omua
Kuridrani
AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
Folau

Res: TPN, Kepu, Sio, Jones, Higgers, White, Beale, McCabe

- Horwill has done just enough to justify selection
- Foley at 10, not my preference in the squad but expecting it
- Kuridrani just pips AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) for 13
- Jones and Higgers to provide impact in the forwards off the bench, McCalman unlucky

Running rugby is the winner with this side.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Slipper
Moore
Alexander
Simmons
Horwill
Fardy
Hooper (C)
Palu
Genia
Foley
Cummins
To'omua
Kuridrani
AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
Folau

Res: TPN, Kepu, Sio, Jones, Higgers, White, Beale, McCabe

- Horwill has done just enough to justify selection
- Foley at 10, not my preference in the squad but expecting it
- Kuridrani just pips AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) for 13
- Jones and Higgers to provide impact in the forwards off the bench, McCalman unlucky

Running rugby is the winner with this side.

AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) will be 13 when we have Speight or another quality winger

Sent from my HTC_0P6A1 using Tapatalk

BDA

Jim Lenehan (48)
I'd have Kepu starting. He's more reliable in the scrums than alexander and if he he plays like he did today around the field he's our best TH

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Ok every match has been played. This will be what Link selects on Thursday.

1. Slipper
2. Moore
3. Kepu
4. Jones
5. Simmons
6. Fardy
7. Hooper
8. Palu
9. White
10. Foley
11. Horne
12. To'omua
13. Ashley-Cooper
14. Cummins
15. Folau

16. Polota-Nau
17. Sio
18. Ryan
19. Horwill
20. Higginbotham
21. Genia
22. Kuridrani
23. Beale

Horne and Foley swap on defence.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Here's my stab:

1. Slipper
2. Moore - C
3. Alexander
4. Horwill
5. Simmons
6. Higginbotham
7. Hooper
8. Palu.
9. White
10. Foley
11. Horne
12. Beale
13. Ashley-Cooper - VC
14. Cummins
15. Folau

16. Charles
17. Cowan
18. Kepu
19. Fardy
20. Hodgson
21. White
22. To'omua
23. McCabe

Thinking we will opt for mobility v the Frogs..in the TRC I will pick a different pack

T

Train Without a Station

I'm backing Horwill and Simmons. Horwill made a lot of out of character handling errors last night in a very good performance otherwise. I think link will not worry about a one off case of it. I only watched a half but Jones looked less impressive tonight. I back him for the bench spot. Mostly because I'm not sure he fits into the required balance of the 2nd row though

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Just have to mention it..........

Sam Carter has been immense tonight........ he and Fardy have completely outplayed Jones and Neville...........

And Nic White has surely locked down a starting spot..........

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
I rate Fardy a certainty to start and higgers zero chance of being picked over him

yeah, its got nothing to do with who is playing better though..the rationale is that Australia gets better value having Fardy to cover 4-8 than having Higginbotham on the bench as a reserve 6/8..also, 6 needs to be a c**t..Fardy is nearly one, Higginbotham IS one!

Status
Not open for further replies.