• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallaby Watch 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Ryan had a good night at the set piece and around the park. The Tahs set piece dropped off noticeably when he and Potgieter were replaced by Kepu and Skelton. Skelton not quite there yet but will benefit from being in the squad. Kane Douglas just coming into his own. Big loss for the Wallabies.
Alexander to start at TH and Jones gets the bench lock position. Nick Phipps had a great game. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) should be a lock in for 13 now. Foley has to be the starting 10.
Fardy has to be 6 and Higgers probably on the bench to replace Clif Palu at around the 50-60 minute mark.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Here's my stab:

1. Slipper
2. Moore - C
3. Alexander
4. Horwill
5. Simmons
6. Higginbotham
7. Hooper
8. Palu.
9. White
10. Foley
11. Horne
12. Beale
13. Ashley-Cooper - VC
14. Cummins
15. Folau

16. Charles
17. Cowan
18. Kepu
19. Fardy
20. Hodgson
21. White
22. To'omua
23. McCabe

Thinking we will opt for mobility v the Frogs..in the TRC I will pick a different pack
So To'omua .. I don't need to ask but.. Benched

Sent from my HTC_0P6A1 using Tapatalk

Pfitzy

Nathan Sharpe (72)
While Foley and Beale clearly benefit from playing together, you can't discount the fact that they're also playing with two massive attacking threats in AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) and Folau.

Therefore I think putting Beale into 12 for the Wallabies is not so clear cut. Especially when massive fluffybunnies like Bastareud are going to run into that channel.

Anyway, there can be little doubt that Foley has done anything he can to secure the starting 10 jersey, and even Nick Phucking Phipps has put his hand up to perhaps get a start. And if the logic of a lot of non-Tahs supporters is to be followed, a 9/10 combo from NSW might get a gig. Doubt it though.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Here's my stab:

1. Slipper
2. Moore - C
3. Alexander
4. Horwill
5. Simmons
6. Higginbotham
7. Hooper
8. Palu.
9. White
10. Foley
11. Horne
12. Beale
13. Ashley-Cooper - VC
14. Cummins
15. Folau

16. Charles
17. Cowan
18. Kepu
19. Fardy
20. Hodgson
21. White
22. To'omua
23. McCabe

Your right.. but a lot of your choices come down to game plan.. tonight's match showed me enough kira at 13 AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) on the wing.

Sent from my HTC_0P6A1 using Tapatalk

lewisr

Bill McLean (32)
Slipper
Moore
Alexander
Simmons
Jones
Fardy
Hooper (C)
Palu
Genia
Foley
Cummins
To'omua
Kuridrani
AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
Folau

Res: TPN, Kepu, Sio, Horwill, Higgers, White, Beale, McCabe

Pretty much agree with @No4918. Bar Horwill, bench him and give jones the experience with simmons by his side against the Frogs. Might be different if it was the ABs or Bokkes but yeh, I reckon its a good oppurtunity to throw Luke into the Fray whilst reminding Horwill he still isnt good enough.

To'omua MUST start, there are no questions there. He is without a doubt the inform inside back of the Aussie conference and is the incumbent, don't see how there are questions over this? He is a brilliant footy player and I see him as one of our best backs in years to come, such a cool and collected player.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Fardy is clearly the best blindside in the country. He's one of the first on the team sheet for mine.

Scotts just one of those guys that every game his there or there abouts as the most annoy best player on the field..4- 5 -6 he will do a job and you will say .. fuck me .. god fardy was good

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
While Foley and Beale clearly benefit from playing together, you can't discount the fact that they're also playing with two massive attacking threats in AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) and Folau.

Therefore I think putting Beale into 12 for the Wallabies is not so clear cut. Especially when massive fluffybunnies like Bastareud are going to run into that channel.

Anyway, there can be little doubt that Foley has done anything he can to secure the starting 10 jersey, and even Nick Phucking Phipps has put his hand up to perhaps get a start. And if the logic of a lot of non-Tahs supporters is to be followed, a 9/10 combo from NSW might get a gig. Doubt it though.

EDIT: Hey mods - did you know that fluffybunnys doesn't convert to fluffybunnies? Fix it nerds!

Watch White tonight, but if Phipps gets it ok.. 12 will be To'omua.. I think Foley at 10 :) To'omua is .. so good across a backline

Muzza

Herbert Moran (7)
Hey guys
Been reading the forums for years and have finally decided to join the conversation .
What does everyone think of Fotu Auelua playing 8 for the wallabies ? I know he's been out injured but a bit more game time and he could be a great inclusion . Thoughts?
Ps great website !

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Welcome, Muzza! - Fotu has obviously been in the squad previously and I think he'll be a chance again if he keeps performing for the Brumbies. He's a power player; a wrecking-ball when in good form.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Slipper
Moore (c)
Alexander
Horwill
Simmons
Fardy
Hooper (vc)
Palu
Genia
Foley
Cummins
To'omua
AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
Horne
Folau

TPN, Sio, Ryan, Jones, Higgers, White, Beale, Kuridrani

Phipps & Charles unlucky.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Slipper
Moore (c)
Alexander
Horwill
Simmons
Fardy
Hooper (vc)
Palu
Genia
Foley
Cummins
To'omua
AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
Horne
Folau

TPN, Sio, Ryan, Jones, Higgers, White, Beale, Kuridrani

Phipps & Charles unlucky.
Ryan not in the playing squad.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Apparently Moore is confirmed as the captain. Will be interesting to see how many minutes he plays. Can't say I'm a fan of having your captain come off routinely.

Also a little surprised Link has made his mind up already. Would've thought he'd need a couple training sessions to make his decision.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Apparently Moore is confirmed as the captain. Will be interesting to see how many minutes he plays. Can't say I'm a fan of having your captain come off routinely.

Not necessarily a bad thing. Hooper will most likely be VC and be on the field for 80mins. It would be good for him to take over in the last 20 minutes. Will be great for his long-term development in a leadership role without giving him the burden of full-time Captain.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Ok every match has been played. This will be what Link selects on Thursday.

1. Slipper
2. Moore
3. Kepu
4. Jones
5. Simmons
6. Fardy
7. Hooper
8. Palu
9. White
10. Foley
11. Horne
12. To'omua
13. Ashley-Cooper
14. Cummins
15. Folau

16. Polota-Nau
17. Sio
18. Alexander
19. Horwill
20. Higginbotham
21. Genia
22. Kuridrani
23. Beale

Horne and Foley swap on defence.

This would be my team too, but with Alexander and Kepu switching places.

But unfortunately the cynic in me thinks we may see Genia, Horwill and Beale start. I really hope not though.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
This is what I expect Link to run out

1. Slipper
2. Moore
3. Kepu
4. Jones Horwill
5. Simmons
6. Fardy
7. Hooper
8. Palu
9. White Genia
10. Foley
11. Horne Ashley-Cooper
12. To'omua
13. Ashley-Cooper Kuridrani
14. Cummins
15. Folau

16. Polota-Nau
17. Sio
18. Alexander
19. Horwill Jones
20. Higginbotham
21. Genia White
22. Kuridrani Beale
23. McCabe

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I don't think you can start Beale if he is going to be hidden in defence, the Chiefs highlighted yesterday that he can be quite a liability thrown on the blind slide wing.

They worked to isolated him and made him defend one on one in space, it wasn't pretty against Dwanye Sweeney, let alone Savea - and that is what we are working towards, a side that can ask questions of the ABs

P

Paradox

Suspicions confirmed. Alexander is injured and won't play against France at least 2 tests. Will Slipper now be considered as a tight head prop and Cowen brought in? I haven't seen Ryan play his last few games but his scrummaging had been very poor

Status
Not open for further replies.