• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallaby Watch 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Moore at hooker

If I could pick just the one bloke to switch sides it would be him in a heartbeat

--as for the Aus backs I wouldnt like to see picked from an NZ point of view:

9. Genia. his mojo might be right around the corner
10. To'omua. this guy has a very level head
11. Speight. terror.
12. Mccabe. he can tackle and To'omua can skip pass it straight to
13. Kuridrani. see Speight
14. Brand O'Conner. so what if he's a spazz, he's still a handful
15. Folau. gah he's already got the handle of running lines, that shit is supposed to take years

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
as an NZer, the backs I would hope to see picked for Aus---

9. Nic White (just keep Oompa Loompa Genia away. He's lost his mojo! Forever! He had a good run)
10. Quade (at test level can he shelve the high-risk madness and get the team around the park? Here's hoping NOT!!)
11. Beale (with bumchum Quade there, maybe he'll force some stupid fancy dan shit. It's on! Only a test match here!)
12. Adam Two Dads (another safe option who must be startign to creak)
13. Mccabe. (just take it into contact mate. safe option. fuck the wingers.)
14. Cummins (Henry Speight? nah he's shit)
15. Mogg. (BOMBS AWAY!)

I doubt we will ever see that. Beale wont play wing. Cummins is an 11 not a 14. McCabe will play wing or 12, not 13.
Robbie Deans is gone so I doubt we will see that many guys out of position again.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Also think Charles is pushing hard to get the 3rd hooker spot he is starting to find the form he was in back 2012 before he did his knee.

I would rank the aus hookers like this

Moore
TPN
Charles
Hanson
Fainga
Tessmann
Siliva
the rest

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
FFS. Coleman is playing well but he's got nothing on JOC (James O'Connor).

His no James OConnor but really which young talent is, in 2010 he was nominated for IRB Junior Player of the year.. and his injury gave Jess Mogg his start..

The guys playing the house down and if he had 10 kgs and 4 inches on him he be right there to be a wallaby but his doing it tough.. His got pace hardwork if not size..

Also he is not a toss pot, I know which one I would have in my team, and it isn't the one with the brand..

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The guys playing the house down and if he had 10 kgs and 4 inches on him he be right there to be a wallaby but his doing it tough.. His got pace hardwork if not size..

He probably would be but 10kg and 4 inches isn't something that is easily changed.

Saying that someone isn't a dickhead really isn't an endorsement which is likely to get you into the Wallabies.

I think he'll still end up a long way down the list of potential wingers for the Wallabies.

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
Also think Charles is pushing hard to get the 3rd hooker spot he is starting to find the form he was in back 2012 before he did his knee.

I would rank the aus hookers like this

Moore
TPN
Charles
Hanson
Fainga
Tessmann
Siliva
the rest
even though I'm a mad NSWelshman I think its....

1 Moore
2 Daylight
3 the rest.....he is on fire.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
He probably would be but 10kg and 4 inches isn't something that is easily changed.

Saying that someone isn't a dickhead really isn't an endorsement which is likely to get you into the Wallabies.

I think he'll still end up a long way down the list of potential wingers for the Wallabies.

Of course unfortunately we all know that.. just like car in the end nothing beats size.. But Credit where credit due he got his chance and you can't ask for more.. and no not being a dickhead won't get you in the walliabies but being one will get you out..

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)

Agree.......... he's undoubtably got good feet but Badger ,Tomane,Speight have all got good BIG feet.

Bread's in the same basket as Coleman ;)

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
even though I'm a mad NSWelshman I think its..

1 Moore
2 Daylight
3 the rest...he is on fire.
Well that is true but we do need others to be able to field a side Moore is good but he is only human.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
Well that is true but we do need others to be able to field a side Moore is good but he is only human.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agree. In relation to said front row can someone with more expertise than me in the dark arts please explain what has happened to Alexander. He has destroyed some pretty decent opposition in the last two weeks.
I also noted after the Brumbies game that The "director of coaching" was giving coaching tips to his opposition on the field after the game....gees I've heard of sportsmanship but???

T

Tip

I also noted after the Brumbies game that The "director of coaching" was giving coaching tips to his opposition on the field after the game..gees I've heard of sportsmanship but???
Laurie Fisher - Great bloke.

It's just a happy coincidence that the Stormers are playing the Reds 7 days later...

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Agree. In relation to said front row can someone with more expertise than me in the dark arts please explain what has happened to Alexander. He has destroyed some pretty decent opposition in the last two weeks.
I also noted after the Brumbies game that The "director of coaching" was giving coaching tips to his opposition on the field after the game..gees I've heard of sportsmanship but???

Gandalf the rugby scrum wizard just wants to save the dark arts from the evil of backline earth.

Alexanders always been good, he fights back when people give him stick .. it's all ticker.. Although maybe its cos he has Carter behind him and not Simmions.. Just a thought

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
Gandalf the rugby scrum wizard just wants to save the dark arts from the evil of backline earth.

Alexanders always been good, he fights back when people give him stick .. it's all ticker.. Although maybe its cos he has Carter behind him and not Simmions.. Just a thought
hats off to him...i had to laugh at the Saffa front row who were all high fiving after the first scrum :rolleyes: ....good to see a couple of Aussie front rowers getting pissed off and running their opposition backwards around the dance floor.
Reminded me a bit of my Year 6 footy dance when the girls were about 6 inches taller and knew what they wanted....:p

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Alexanders generally good, he's just had a few technical issues with the way he set which caused his head to be under his hips resulting in him hinging or collapsing too often. The change in scrum rules seems to have favoured him, no hit means more stability in contact and less hinging when packing lower.

Also think Alexander is more suited to tight head.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
His no James OConnor but really which young talent is, in 2010 he was nominated for IRB Junior Player of the year.. and his injury gave Jess Mogg his start..

Also he is not a toss pot, I know which one I would have in my team, and it isn't the one with the brand..
I really like him as a player. Think he's getting as much out of his frame as possible. However he's smaller, weaker and not as good at rugby as JOC (James O'Connor). I just think it's a bit silly trying to compare the two. They're both a bit undersized, but that's about as far as the comparisons go that I can see.

lex

Allen Oxlade (6)
Of course unfortunately we all know that.. just like car in the end nothing beats size.. But Credit where credit due he got his chance and you can't ask for more.. and no not being a dickhead won't get you in the walliabies but being one will get you out..

It's a shame that Robbie just doesn't have the size to compete as a centre or winger at the highest level. Those little jack-rabbit wingers like the French used to have seem to be a thing of the past in test rugby. Maybe he should transform himself into a 9 - I'm sure he'd have the skills to make a go of it.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Sam Carter could be a chance. With Fardy seemingly the preferred 6, Carter would be behind Simmons/Horwill/Douglas and ahead of Pyle/Jones.

Status
Not open for further replies.