• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallaby Watch 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

Kurindrani didn't show himself to be worth first crack at 13 this season barring form slump or injury? I thought he was quite good when he got to start actually.

Whilst he doesnt possess the twinkle toes, deft hands or lightning speed other centres may sprout, he does have the rare commodity of size and he also knows how to use that size effectively, he runs good lines and more importantly he runs those lines hard in traffic.

He is one of the few centres in Australia with the size and style to continually bend and break the advantage line, which i think is even more important playing outside the likes of Quade. CSF is displaying similar attributes early on this season, if he can stay injury free and get some game time he might also be a consideration.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
If Cooper is playing 10, you have to have direct centres. He's the general, the centres are his troops. If they have some ability to direct play when Cooper is buried in a ruck, good, but their primary strength should be the ability to run excellent lines, get over the advantage line, and smash people in defence.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
If Cooper is playing 10, you have to have direct centres. He's the general, the centres are his troops. If they have some ability to direct play when Cooper is buried in a ruck, good, but their primary strength should be the ability to run excellent lines, get over the advantage line, and smash people in defence.

That's why To'omua is such a great choice at 12. He can smash blokes on D, pass and run. You then have the luxury of playing a block busting centre at 13.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Before the start of the season there is no way I would have thought Beale would be back into Wallaby starting contention, but his game tonight was masterful. I still don't know where he would fit, but he is becoming harder to ignore.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Before the start of the season there is no way I would have thought Beale would be back into Wallaby starting contention, but his game tonight was masterful. I still don't know where he would fit, but he is becoming harder to ignore.

Off the bench. Twenty, thirty, minutes to go, space opening up... He'll cause mayhem.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Beale's a monte for the Wallaby bench. Go through the potential Aussie backs from 10 to 15, and then mark them off injured one at a time; Kurtley'd have to be first choice backup for 10, 12 and 15. St Catastrophe of the Injuries will do her bit to get Beale some time in gold this year.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Surly Matt Hodgson must be close to getting a spot in the squad is outplaying Gill and is arguably is as good a form as Hooper (I think Hooper is the best 7 and should stArt) but the form Hodgo is in he deserves a crack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lpd

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Completely agree in regards to Hodgson. What is the word on Gill? Was it his hamstring that went like the commentators were suggesting or just cramp?

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Hodgo more of a gill than a Hooper. His impact on the game is closer to the ruck, much the same as Gill. He is the form 7 in Australia ATM.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Hodgson's had two belting games in a row, but there were plenty of people calling for him to be replaced by Alcock in the first couple of games.

I think age will count against him for the Wobs, great to see him playing well again though. Brilliant servant of the club, not dissimilar to David Croft at the Reds.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
An upside of Hodgson is that he has great leadership skills. He has also had experience playing across the backrow at Super Rugby level. That's handy experience if you are the bench backrower. Gill and Hooper have almost exclusively played 7. I'd still have him 3rd in line behind Gill and Hooper, but if either or those two go down, it'd be great to see Hodgson win a few more Wallabies caps.

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
Hodgson's had two belting games in a row, but there were plenty of people calling for him to be replaced by Alcock in the first couple of games.

I think age will count against him for the Wobs, great to see him playing well again though. Brilliant servant of the club, not dissimilar to David Croft at the Reds.
I agree. Had some great games but tests are a different kettle of fish. He's a great backup but Hooper and Gill are ahead now.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
as an NZer, the backs I would hope to see picked for Aus---

9. Nic White (just keep Oompa Loompa Genia away. He's lost his mojo! Forever! He had a good run)
10. Quade (at test level can he shelve the high-risk madness and get the team around the park? Here's hoping NOT!!)
11. Beale (with bumchum Quade there, maybe he'll force some stupid fancy dan shit. It's on! Only a test match here!)
12. Adam Two Dads (another safe option who must be startign to creak)
13. Mccabe. (just take it into contact mate. safe option. fuck the wingers.)
14. Cummins (Henry Speight? nah he's shit)
15. Mogg. (BOMBS AWAY!)

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
as an NZer, the backs I would hope to see picked for Aus---

9. Nic White (just keep Oompa Loompa Genia away. He's lost his mojo! Forever! He had a good run)
10. Quade (at test level can he shelve the high-risk madness and get the team around the park? Here's hoping NOT!!)
11. Beale (with bumchum Quade there, maybe he'll force some stupid fancy dan shit. It's on! Only a test match here!)
12. Adam Two Dads (another safe option who must be startign to creak)
13. Mccabe. (just take it into contact mate. safe option. fuck the wingers.)
14. Cummins (Henry Speight? nah he's shit)
15. Mogg. (BOMBS AWAY!)
Is that you Robbie?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
To be fair, with a little bit of re-arrangement:

White, Cooper, Mogg, McCabe, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), Cummins, Beale

Its the sort of backline that with an injury or two, you could see against a minnow at a WC.

Sent from my LG-P713 using Tapatalk

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
On current form I would say that Folau at the back and To'omua eithier 12 or 10, Moore at hooker and Hooper on the side would be the only automatic selection for mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.