• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallaby Outside Centre

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novocastrian

Herbert Moran (7)
Nothing funny about that when some are calling for mike Harris to be rushed in, good goal kicking, absolutely no commitment to go for the ball on Saturday.
You got that right. Harris plays a couple of games an all of a sudden he's being talked up as a Wallaby. That's just crazy.

And one of those games was a 20 minute cameo against a completely crap opposition!

I'm not a huge fan of TC (he does most of the basics well, but is s fairly limited player in terms of skill) but the calls for Harris to be considered for a Wallabies jersey are ridiculous, especially seeing as he's been here for all of 2 minutes!

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
And one of those games was a 20 minute cameo against a completely crap opposition!

How many tries did TC score or set up against that crap opposition in 80 minutes of ..... rugby?:fishing

The equation: 80/20 x (2 tries+1 assist) = ?

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
How many tries did TC score or set up against that crap opposition in 80 minutes of ..... rugby?:fishing

The equation: 80/20 x (2 tries+1 assist) = ?

In the context of the game Tom was close if not best on field for the tahs, mike had a cameo.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Did anyone mention Mike Harris? Can't be bothered reading the thread again but didn't someone make a point that OZ have no reliable goal kickers and then someone replied to that point with "Mike Harris". Nothing more. No suggestion of Wallaby centre, fullback or hooker for that matter.

Someone say it ain't so..... :)

Henry

Bill Watson (15)
Hmm you sure you watched him last year Groucho? He had quite a few howlers that led to oppo tries. He leans more towards the Campese school rather than the Tune school in D.

He has improved a lot over the last few years with his defense. He is capable of pulling off crucial tackles, but still does have a little bit to go. He used to be Cooper'esque.

P

Paradox

People forget that Mitchell was dropped from the Wallabies last year due to crap performances and only got back in due to injuries (after which he was v good). So much for NSW hardening him up - credit must go to Robbie Deans

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Mitchell was one of the standout Australian players in last years Super 14...

His form was mixed in the tests leading into the Tri Nations and it seems as though Deans and co overreacted in choosing to drop in for the Tri-Nations... I can't remember who they were going to replace him with?

Due to injuries he was back in the team and was one of Australia's best...

Mitchell will be wearing 11 for Australia this year...

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
I simply cant believe the ridiculous suggestions being bandied about on this thread.

FFS.

AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) is our 13. Mortlock is the only one who threatens him, and if Mortlock warrants selection, then AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) moves to 12. Simple. There shouldn't be any debate about it.

Robbie Fruean did a bloody good job of threatening AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), if he doesn't lift his game big time I'd hope he's nowhere near the Wallaby jersey which should be earnt and not blindly handed to the incumbent regardless of form.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Robbie Fruean did a bloody good job of threatening AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), if he doesn't lift his game big time I'd hope he's nowhere near the Wallaby jersey which should be earnt and not blindly handed to the incumbent regardless of form.

If that were true Elsom, Giteau, Chisholm would not have got starts last year.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) is playing very poorly, although as i recall last year he had a very average super 14 year but come test time he was very solid and consistant, infact probably one of our best backs.

So given AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)'s poor super 15 form maybe people are jumping to conclusions about excluding him from the wallabies selection. I dont think there are any other fesible candidates, mortlock is going OK but no where near as damaging as he was, Horne is injured. The only player i would consider given on form would be McCabe but he has had limited game time at 13.

So until we see how our other 13's handle the likes of Fruen and SBW i guess we will have to stick with AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) and that is not that bad of an option!

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
People forget that Mitchell was dropped from the Wallabies last year due to crap performances and only got back in due to injuries (after which he was v good). So much for NSW hardening him up - credit must go to Robbie Deans

Paradox, I think Mitchell was dropped due to his stupid red card, not due to his playing performances.

Status
Not open for further replies.