• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies world cup squad selection

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Doc

Very, very happy with that.

Kev is far more suited to test captaincy than s14, in that his style is more in that 'win the game' mould.

Better late than never.

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Well I guess Bam better not get injured!

And QC (Quade Cooper)'s eye view

wukik.jpg

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Deans been reading to much GAGR.

Congrats to Horwill. Hard luck to gits and turner, I would have had either instead of a third half-back. Rest of squad looks pretty decent.

No More Excuses.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Wait.....no openside back up?

Yeah think that could hurt us.

Imagine if Pocock picks up a minor ankle strain which will rule him out until the semi-final. We can't replace him as then he can't come back. So who plays 7 for the pool games and the quarter?

Higgers?

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Yeah think that could hurt us.

Imagine if Pocock picks up a minor ankle strain which will rule him out until the semi-final. We can't replace him as then he can't come back. So who plays 7 for the pool games and the quarter?

Higgers?

Good summary Barb. I think this is a flaw in this team. Perhaps RD is relying on a Beau R fly-in scenario if DP grabs other than a minor injury?

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Very weird there is no openside, Should have picked either Samo or McCalman not both just in case. If Pocock does go down I would say we would need to send out an SOS call to George Smith.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Will Horwill captain the Bled test next week?

Good squad though and as tough as it is on Gits i think they did make the right decision going with Barnes.

R

Rev Spooner

Good squad - very pleased Horwill has been named captain. Agree with the lack of back-up openside flanker - could be very costly. Few players getting a go who've returned from injury is a risk but I suppose they've shown their worth in the past. Palu doesn't do it for me, neither does Horne.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Good squad - very pleased Horwill has been named captain. Agree with the lack of back-up openside flanker - could be very costly. Few players getting a go who've returned from injury is a risk but I suppose they've shown their worth in the past. Palu doesn't do it for me, neither does Horne.

Agree with Palu and Horne they are the biggest risks and when you factor in Barnes, Mitchell & TPN with little game time its a big call. Ideally all will play for the Aus Baabaas next Friday.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Taking 4 props was smart, because if someone is very seriously crocked they can be replaced by Cowan (or whoever) -- who wouldn't be seeing any game time otherwise and would not be taken for development purposes.

Not taking an openside is weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.