• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chronicle

Chris McKivat (8)
huh how do you come up with that

signing with the ARU doesn't mean they're getting top ups

Interesting, what part of the ARU contract that is being signed in addition to the provincial contract would constitute consideration assuming "top up" means dollars

Chronicle

Chris McKivat (8)
Match payments constitute consideration.
Is an ARU contract required for a selected player to recieve match payments, I believe not. The ARU contracts are for those players who are recieving financial consideration from the ARU. I believe the previous comment by Querty51 was incorrect.
This thread is about possible Wallaby candidates for the upcoming Lions series. Are the recent ARU signings an indication of who will be in the Wallabies squad, this was the question for discussion and if it is then the players recently signed do not appear IMO to be the current form players of Super rugby but are all experienced test players. Conclusion Deans will be choosing experienced Test players for the Lions not form players from Super rugby assuming he is involved in deciding who gets ARU contracts.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Is an ARU contract required for a selected player to recieve match payments, I believe not. The ARU contracts are for those players who are recieving financial consideration from the ARU. I believe the previous comment by Querty51 was incorrect.
This thread is about possible Wallaby candidates for the upcoming Lions series. Are the recent ARU signings an indication of who will be in the Wallabies squad, this was the question for discussion and if it is then the players recently signed do not appear IMO to be the current form players of Super rugby but are all experienced test players. Conclusion Deans will be choosing experienced Test players for the Lions not form players from Super rugby assuming he is involved in deciding who gets ARU contracts.
Every player who wants to play in australia has to sign with the aru. Some get a top up most others dont. That why its called a tri party contract the player club and aru all sign on the dotted line.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
George Smith to be the Wobs 7, another stand out performance plus he brings experience, respect and an aura.

He is a player that has always respected the gold jersey, and if his form is there he should be first picked.

I think Smith would bring more to the Wobs than deans, players listen and follow him

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
Alfi Mafi is looking like the new Digby Ioane atm. In fact Digby seems to have lost a bit of his speed and explosiveness over the last 12-24 months. For mine, Mafi is quickly shaping as his long term replacement.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Alfi Mafi is looking like the new Digby Ioane atm. In fact Digby seems to have lost a bit of his speed and explosiveness over the last 12-24 months. For mine, Mafi is quickly shaping as his long term replacement.
As long as we can keep him in aus. He has been looking at clubs in japan but i think this is a way to bump his price up.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
as talented as he is I think that KB (Kurtley Beale) on the back of recent shennigans on the drink is close to the Rugby Scrapheap. Think that AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) put his hand up this round and is now probably first choice 13. Folaus improvement has been significant and like it or not I bet you anything he is being considered for the 22 game 1 v Lions. for mine

9 Genia
10 To'omua/foley/cooper
11 Diggers/Folau
12 Lilo
13 AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
14 JOC (James O'Connor)
15 Mogg

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
as talented as he is I think that KB (Kurtley Beale) on the back of recent shennigans on the drink is close to the Rugby Scrapheap. Think that AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) put his hand up this round and is now probably first choice 13. Folaus improvement has been significant and like it or not I bet you anything he is being considered for the 22 game 1 v Lions. for mine

9 Genia
10 To'omua/foley/cooper
11 Diggers/Folau
12 Lilo
13 AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
14 JOC (James O'Connor)
15 Mogg
How about switching Mogg and JOC (James O'Connor) to begin with - for Mogg's first test?
If foley is seriously in the test frame we are in trouble.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
1. Ben Alexander
2. Stephen Moore
3. Paddy Ryan
4. Hugh McMeniman
5. Kane Douglas
6. Peter Kimlin
7. Liam Gill
8. Ben Mowen
9. Nic White
10. Matt To'omua
11. Drew Mitchell
12. Ben Tapuai
13. Mitch Inman
14. Henry Speight
15. Jesse Mogg

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
My preferred backline at the moment would be.
10.Lilo
11. Mafi
12. Taps
13. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
14. O'Connor/Mitchell
15. Mogg

Beale on the bench

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
1. Ben Alexander
2. Stephen Moore
3. Paddy Ryan
4. Hugh McMeniman
5. Kane Douglas
6. Peter Kimlin
7. Liam Gill
8. Ben Mowen
9. Nic White
10. Matt To'omua
11. Drew Mitchell
12. Ben Tapuai
13. Mitch Inman
14. Henry Speight
15. Jesse Mogg
Gill didn't play this week, smith had another quality game.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
I have a team on form but there are no Reds and I think that is wrong, so I'll put the second choice in brackets. Assuming Smith is made eligible:
1. Benn Robinson (Ben Alexander)
2. Stephen Moore (Saia Fainga'a)
3. Paddy Ryan (James Slipper)
4. Peter Kimlin (Ed O'Donoghue)
5. Kane Douglass (Sam Carter)
6. Angus Cottrell (Ed Quirk)
7. George Smith (Liam Gill)
8. Ben Mowen (Jake Schatz)
9. Nic White (Ian Prior)
10. Matt To'omua (Quade Cooper)
11. Alfi Mafi (Drew Mitchell)
12. Christian Lealiifano (Kyle Godwin)