• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

But there is no good at Test level. He hasn't had a good game since 2010.
Didn't do much in those games, especially the TNs decider. He played zero part in our 3 tries.
in all 3 of those games from 2011 he was rated as "good" or "excellent".... o_O

everyone knows he went to shit in the RWC, but lets take off those Quade hate glasses for a second and talk rationally lol

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Latham was dominating super rugby much like quade and also had a poor start to his test career. It wasnt until he found confidence in that arena that he dominated there as well. That confidence came from the coaches selecting on form and giving him an extended period in the gold jumper.

I believe the same will happen to quade, but only if they give him the same support - likely wont happen until the next coach.

He is clearly the most talented match for the 10 position and there is no such thing as a non-test match player. If someone is great at the next level down they have the ability to be good to great at the highest level.

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
Higgers is playing himself into the Wallabies.

It's no coincidence that since Higgers has captained the Rebels (not officially taken over from Gareth) that he has been playing out of his skin. He's scored a try in the last four games and brought the team to the brink of some near major upsets. The Blues match tonight was another example of his leadership by example style.

I read in the Australian today that Eddie Jones would pick Dave Dennis over him; not sure what matches Eddie has been seeing, but he should take a look at ours sometimes. He also takes a few stabs at the Rebels too...not happy Eddie!

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
oztimmay Jones is an idiot. I wouldn't listen to a word he has to say.

Who plays six will probably depend on who partners Horwill at lock. If it's Simmons, the bestest most awesomest lineout operator ever [/Marto] then I think it'll be Higgers. If it's Douglas or Timani I wouldn't be surprised if Mowen got the nod. Either way, Dennis would probably be third choice at the moment.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
1. Benn Robinson
2. Stephen Moore
3. James Slipper
4. Hugh Pyle
5. Kane Douglas
6. Scott Higginbotham
7. Michael Hooper
8. Ben Mowen
9. Will Genia
10. Matt To'omua
11. Digby Ioane
12. Christian Lealiifano
13. Adam Ashley-Cooper
14. Henry Speight
15. Israel Folau

Douglas is our best lock at disrupting mauls - big tick for Lions

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
A definite 15 jersey for Folau - for all that is good and holy in the world pick him in his best position (and the position he has been training and plays in regularly)

BigSteve

Herbert Moran (7)
My Team After This weekends games.

1. Benn Robinson
2. Stephen Moore
3. James Slipper
4. James Horwill (c)
5. Kane Douglas
6. Scott Higginbotham
7. George Smith
8. Wycliff Palu
9. Will Genia (vc)
10. Quade Cooper
11. Digby Ioane
12. Christian Lealiifano
13. Adam Ashley-Cooper
14. Joe Tomane
15. Israel Folau

16.Alexander
17.TPN
18.MMM
19.Mowen
20.Gill
21.JOC (James O'Connor)
22.Beale
23.Kepu/Palmer

BigSteve

Herbert Moran (7)
I honestly question both of those, yet cannot offer a solution. Paddy Ryan? :S

That is very true, but if Ryan can put a couple of good games together i'd probably pick him. Only reason for Palmer is scrum technique which is going to be necessary for the lions, and Kepu's selection is based on previous experience at test level.

lewisr

Bill McLean (32)
Looks like O'Connor may be out of the picture... Will this force Deans to finally pick Cooper (with an appropriate back line)?

Status
Not open for further replies.