• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies vs Wales - Docklands Stadium June 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
I thought TPN played out of his skin on the weekend. Obviously Moore is still ahead of him as our number 1 hooker, but well done Robbie for rewarding such a strong performance...

Scotty

David Codey (61)
I feel that some players have been ripped off by the scheduling that has given such a leg up to the first wales test players. Just because we won it doesn't mean we can't play better. Do we only change players after a loss?

The Tahs front row in particular have been given a real hand out. Both Slipper and Alexander have played better than Robinson this year, while Moore is consistently better than TPN. Horne has also been given a leg up by the scheduling and Robbie's conservative selection.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Wait are people still trying to tell me Moore is being rested or TPN is just starting this weekend?

It's pretty damn well clear Robbie thinks TPN is the better hooker. TPN started the 3rd playoff, the Cardiff test match, the most recent test and now this one. I'm not saying you have to share the same opinion of Robbie but TPN is the better hooker according to Deans now.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
You get a better atmosphere with the roof closed also.

Geez I wish the MRS was 40,000 capacity. Sick of this Stadium for any footy code. Not to mention lack of any pubs nearby (quality).

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
It's probably at docklands due to a contract or something, but a capacity crowd at MRS is a better advertisement for rugby then a half empty docklands stadium.

emuarse

Chilla Wilson (44)
Ahem, referring to my previous post:
Vuna was'nt the only player not up to scratch, and he is not the only one that should be replaced - but he & others need to be replaced. Unfortunately Deans has proved too soft in this regard, he does'nt have the balls to do the surgery.

This man Deans is dangerous for Australian Rugby - what has JON leashed upon us.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Wait are people still trying to tell me Moore is being rested or TPN is just starting this weekend?

It's pretty damn well clear Robbie thinks TPN is the better hooker. TPN started the 3rd playoff, the Cardiff test match, the most recent test and now this one. I'm not saying you have to share the same opinion of Robbie but TPN is the better hooker according to Deans now.
I'm sorry but there is no way in hell anyone could think Tatafu is the better hooker. That's not taking anything away from him because he's up there with the best in the world, but the only ones infront of him are du Plessis and Moore. I understand him not wanting to make changes to a winning combination, but Moore would only enhance the performance, Deans is a nutter.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Can't take much more nervous wait and for once you seem as worried that you might lose as we are thinking that this is our best chance of winning. Strange days

Hey Cardiffblue, your Optisim Gnome is a powerful little bugger, even when we have locked him up in an Immigration Centre, he can wield his magic to mess with the gwald mind.

Any different pre game routine from the gwalders for Saturday?

With injuries to key players, I reckon a miserable "we're doomed" approach might be what the Gnome needs to give you any chance. This approach seemed to satisfy our Optimism Bunyip for our build up to the Lang Park encounter.

I'm getting excited for a cracker of a game. The Boyo's have their backs to the wall, and the Men in Gold have a point to prove that one of the games last week was a fluke, and the other wasn't.

We also need to get some serious confidence in our own skills and combinations to encounter the inevitable arrival of the Tide of Darkness that is building up on the other side of the Tasman.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
It's probably at docklands due to a contract or something, but a capacity crowd at MRS is a better advertisement for rugby then a half empty docklands stadium.
Could be the case. Most likely due to capacity, maximizing ticket sales.

We'll get 45,000+ easy. Always had decent crowds against European teams (Italy is an exception).

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)

Agreed, I also think Deans believes that Horne is our best #13.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
I don't get the Nau situation, but I 'spose he'll knock himself out pretty promptly anyway, maybe that's why Deans has him starting?

Horne should have been punished for butchering that try, we won't get many chances against NZ or Sa and if he's not punished he wont learn.

Fainga'a is better than him anyway.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Agreed, I also think Deans believes that Horne is our best #13.

Probably. Although it may be that the difference between Horne and Fainga'a is pretty minimal and Deans sees more potential in the former. I certainly agree, although I think he should have been dropped to the bench for butchering that try.

W

What2040

I feel that some players have been ripped off by the scheduling that has given such a leg up to the first wales test players. Just because we won it doesn't mean we can't play better. Do we only change players after a loss?

The Tahs front row in particular have been given a real hand out. Both Slipper and Alexander have played better than Robinson this year, while Moore is consistently better than TPN. Horne has also been given a leg up by the scheduling and Robbie's conservative selection.

Tahs front row (exceptTPN) were poor last weekend at scrums and generally around field. Its time that Teflon Robbo and Kepu cop some criticism. Robbo is not the player he once was. Kepu better and probably overall on par with Benny A. (BA much better around field but Kepu probably better at scrum time). Forget the others for a moment but Moore SHOULD start with TPN be the impact player from the bench. Potentially TPN is a game breaker as a benchie but just won't or cannot do the work required to be run-on.

The Welsh piggies will target the centre and one wing for sure

If Deans persists with exactually the same team I believe the Welsh by 10.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I can't help but think the front row would be copping less criticism if they weren't all from NSW.

They all played solid games, our forwards were strong and we won the game.

Compared to the Scotland game where a scrum penalty at the death cost us the match, it seems like a strange part of the game to focus on.

emuarse

Chilla Wilson (44)
Tahs front row (exceptTPN) were poor last weekend at scrums and generally around field. Its time that Teflon Robbo and Kepu cop some criticism. Robbo is not the player he once was. Kepu better and probably overall on par with Benny A. (BA much better around field but Kepu probably better at scrum time). Forget the others for a moment but Moore SHOULD start with TPN be the impact player from the bench. Potentially TPN is a game breaker as a benchie but just won't or cannot do the work required to be run-on.

The Welsh piggies will target the centre and one wing for sure

If Deans persists with exactually the same team I believe the Welsh by 10.

Therefore two unconverted tries to Wales.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I just hope he uses the bench effectively, whether we win or lose. Is that too much to ask?

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Surely Moore and Fainga will get more game time this time. It would also be nice to see Nic White get his first cap but then again its hard to sub Genia when he's on fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.