• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies vs Wales - Docklands Stadium June 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
I was pleasantly surprised by Vuna the other night. Showed great attitude and his kick and chase was an example to teammates who've been around for a while. Was surprised when he got picked but TBH, Digby is the only currently fit winger who is an auto choice. Regardless, the bloke doesn't deserve the bagging he is getting on this forum.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
I don't care if it's an all tahs front three... Just as long as they are a unit.

Quite ok with the team unchanged too. Gives hopes for some consistency and combination.

Just hope these guys don't take it easy thinking they are going to win this one. Wales will turn it on this time for sure. We were only 20-19 at one stage in that game and it could have quite easily ended differently.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
Indeed. Wales are still arguably the better team: nothing has changed cattle-wise since the weekend.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Was Robinson packing against Alexander?

Overall we are talking about pretty much these two front rows, aren't we? Unless the Tahs beat the Brumbies at the scrum, then I can't see much justification for picking the players from a team in the bottom half over a team from near the top of the comp.

Do you think that over the super season that TPN > Moore and Robbo > Alexander?

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
To the people calling for Horne to be dropped; is the only reason the bombed try? I didn't notice him do anything particularly poorly other than that episode.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
So the people predicting disaster because of an unchanged side. Are you guys gonna eat your words if we win on Saturday?

It isn't just about winning. It is about getting better and playing the best players. We may still win, but who knows if it would be more easily with different players?

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
To the people calling for Horne to be dropped; is the only reason the bombed try? I didn't notice him do anything particularly poorly other than that episode.

I can't remember any other mistakes. He had a 100% tackle completion rate. No real chances in attack, but that's our structure for 13s at the moment.

Scotty

David Codey (61)

I think it is a backlash to him being picked in the first place.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I don't even think he bombed the try. I think the credit needs to go to Cuthbert on an excellent cover tackle, I don't think he should've passed and whilst he spilled the ball in contact he got blindsided and well everyone's dropped the ball once. He was excellent in defence. I still don't see what Fainga'a offers more, Horne has been quiet in attack but is Fainga'a suppose to offer more!? The two are on par with defence but Horne is still the more likely to penetrate the line and runs better lines.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
It's just that he's a Waratah DPK. If he was a QLDer or a Brumby he'd be the greatest thing to happen to rugby since Mrs Ellis (née Webb) gave birth to William.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
I don't even think he bombed the try. I think the credit needs to go to Cuthbert on an excellent cover tackle, I don't think he should've passed and whilst he spilled the ball in contact he got blindsided and well everyone's dropped the ball once. He was excellent in defence. I still don't see what Fainga'a offers more, Horne has been quiet in attack but is Fainga'a suppose to offer more!? The two are on par with defence but Horne is still the more likely to penetrate the line and runs better lines.

He should have passed to AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) earlier who had a better angle and is a stronger finisher.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
He should have passed to AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) earlier who had a better angle and is a stronger finisher.
He couldn't have passed much earlier - the defence would have drifted onto AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper). He needed to have the ball ready to actually pass when he spilt it, as the defence was drawn then. That was the mistake.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
It's just that he's a Waratah DPK. If he was a QLDer or a Brumby he'd be the greatest thing to happen to rugby since Mrs Ellis (née Webb) gave birth to William.

p.Tah I hope that was at least partly tongue in check. Sure there is plenty of anti NSW sentiment on here (even some of us QLD supporters think a lot of it is rot) - but plenty of crap flys in every direction - including plenty that starts in the NSW camp and is directed elsewhere.

With regards to Horne's selection, it was not that long ago that some NSW supporters were calling for Horne to be returned to club football to find form. Yes he has improved since than, but is it that hard to believe that there is some truth in Scottys statement that a few of us are not sure how he has actually earned his place.

Having said that, I agree that no-one should be dropped on a single mistake, and since he is there and otherwise played well I am happy they retained him. I also hope he goes on to prove Qwerty & his other supporters 100% right - he has had an ordinary run with injuries and I don't begrudge him some good fortune.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
That was my point with the angle, if he passed earlier then AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) my not have had more space, but he would have had a better angle to either a) go inside the cover or b) go straight over the cover or c) in and away and use his right fend.

I think Horne went for the line himself and only decided to pass when he knew he wouldn't make it. If he was trying to set up AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) then he should have straightened to stop the defence drifting as you say.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
it was pretty poor. he was otherwise good. i think Horne and Fainga'a offer a similar skill set. both solid, reliable defensive players. both will struggle to maintain a spot in a full strength wallabies team when there is more complete players available.

Fainga'a has played well as a part of his Super team this year, whilst Horne (in fact the whole NSW backline) hasn't clicked, so I just wonder whether Fainga'a would have bombed that try if he was on in Horne's place....i think he would have shifted it....

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I think he's also finally got his body right, he hasn't missed a minute of super rugby apart from a yellow card + suspension. I hope that's not a jinx because now is his time to really show his potential he's always had with no injuries in his way.

Status
Not open for further replies.