• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies vs Wales - Docklands Stadium June 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dai bando

Charlie Fox (21)
Oh well two bottles of Bordeaux and I'm ready for bed, looking forward to the game tomorrow/today see you later, hico_O

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Have a good kip dai. Todays the day that for once doesnt end in crushing disappointment

Someone will be crushingly disappointed tonight. Keep up the positive thoughts for your boys. They are shoe in.

Mr Doug will be wearing his double lucky undies tonight. This will counteract any mischievousness from your gnome. Fact.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Does anyone else find it hard to dislike Wales? I mean sure it's easy to hate the Kiwis, Saffas, French and English and then just not give a shit about everyone else, but am I the only one who has a soft spot for the Welsh?

They play great attacking rugby, have exciting younger players, great captain, a great coach, a really hairy front-rower, a backline of which 75% are over 100kg, a couple of 2m+ locks. What is there not to love? But in all seriousness, when I'm not cheering for the Wallabies, the Welsh are my distant second side.

Looking forward to a great game of footy.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
I have a soft spot for most sides, Italy, Canada, the list goes on. Obviously except those you mention above. I'll make that clear.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
Yes, admirable Wales are my number two side as well. :D I hope that's where they finish today.

It used to be the ABs until Ali Williams pantomimized the haka.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
I am more worried about Welsh dominance in the set pieces than at the breakdown, frankly. If their lineout works well, backed up by a dominant scrum, they could squeeze us out of the game.

They are a good side. We can be good, but we can also be pretty bloody military medium.

Wales by 8.

D

daz

The highlight for me in Wales 1 was absolutely, incontestably, the whole calibre of the Wallaby forwards work.

Who was the Wallabies coach that got you all excited, RH? Surely not Robbie Deans!?

why Nuci was asked to quietly rescue Deans from 2010. The ARU then arose post RWC, and acted.

The Same Nuci who just presided over one of the worst Baby Wallaby tournament performances of all time?

;):D

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Who was the Wallabies coach that got you all excited, RH? Surely not Robbie Deans!?

The Same Nuci who just presided over one of the worst Baby Wallaby tournament performances of all time? ;):D

First Q: well, you can see that in that paragraph it directly led on to my highlighting the added value potential of Totality Tony as new Wallaby 'coaching co-ordinator'! Early days, but I think this bloke might be good.

Re Nuci: Yes daz, Nuci was drafted in from 2010 to 'aid and support' RD up to the RWC. He largely replaced Williams and was a major adviser to RD up to the end of RWC. Nuci's national-related track record - with the latest U20s debacle - has gone from not good to pretty bloody awful. I believe he coached the mid-week Aus A games v England 2010 and the two EOYT 2010 mid-weekers and 2011's U20 team. Nuci led the post RWC 'independent' ARU review of RWC performance and the coaches' performance in that event.

Dai bando

Charlie Fox (21)
Morning lads or evening which ever the case may be, Hang over! Nahhh, I needed it to sleep, but it didn't work been up since 5 am, walked the dogs, I'm now eating a bacon and black pudding toasty washed down with a mug of tea, Trying to be as quite as I can, wake the misses and the Kids up and I wont have sex for the rest of the year.:D

D

daz

First Q: well, you can see that in that paragraph it directly led on to my highlighting the added value potential of Totality Tony as new Wallaby 'coaching co-ordinator'! Early days, but I think this bloke might be good.

Yeah, I was just pulling your chain a bit, RH. ;)

Now if you will excuse me, I shall be off to get changed and hit the pub with my good lady wife before taking our seat for the game tonight.

As always, go the Gold.

Dai bando

Charlie Fox (21)
The game, Much has been said of your prop Robinson, well I think Adam Jones is one of the best TH props in the world and your LH did OK, The scrums and lineout, as important as they are will not determine the outcome, the breakdown is now king, control that, then you win the game
Pocock and higginbotham were immense in the first game if they are allowed to rule the breakdown again it will be another W for you, Our Kicking game too, very poor last week this needs to improve absolute suicide to kick aimlessly down the field
To win we are the team that needs to improve,
Our forwards having parity up front will limit Genias influence if North can stay on the field for the whole game will give you problems in the last 20 when legs and arms begin to tire.
BTW that toasty was very nice,;)
Looking forward to it may the best tam win

Rebel rouser

Ted Fahey (11)
Just saw this - Barnes in doubt for the test.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/u...ainst-time-for-wales-test-20120616-20ggn.html

Flew back to Sydney last night for the birth of his son. Mike Harris on standby to move into flyhalf.

Now, obviously, birth of his son takes precendence over everything. So I certainly don't begrudge him. But I am bloody scared of what will happen if he doesn't make it back in time!! Wales are due a strong second match, and the Wallabies have a bad tendency to play poorly after a good game.

Add to that that I've convinced a whole troop of my mates to finally attend a union test match with me tonight and... welll... I am extremely nervous!!!

Rebel rouser

Ted Fahey (11)
Let's hope so. Even if he's back, the next question is whether his head will be in the right place to play rugby. I walked into a glass door the day my first nephew was born... and that wasn't even my own kid!! :p

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
I'm worried what state Barnes will be in when he gets to the game, he will be physically and mentally exhausted. Bit of a worry when he is the chief playmaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.