• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies vs Wales - Docklands Stadium June 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Does anyone else find it hard to dislike Wales? I mean sure it's easy to hate the Kiwis, Saffas, French and English and then just not give a shit about everyone else, but am I the only one who has a soft spot for the Welsh?

Wales have always been my 2nd team from the NH, so if we weren't going to win the 6Ns I always hoped it would be Wales. The fans are great, very friendly, love to sing, create a great atmosphere and are very like we Irish. I've been at the Aviva/Landsdowne for many exciting and enjoyable games between us.

My fondness for the Welsh was severely tested during and post RWC when there was a lot of anti-Irish bile coming from some Welsh fans due to THAT red card. But I'm proud to say I didn't let it affect me and after the 6Ns opener I turned to the Welsh fans beside me and told them I hoped they went on and did the grand slam.

My favourite team from the SH has always been Aus as I like the style of play. But also I like that there are flaws in the team and on occasions it's clear they are mere mortals as opposed to NZ who always seemed like Rugby Gods to me growing up. Aus were always the shinning beacon that a team could play good rugby and still dare to challenge the All Blacks.

In the first test I didn't cheer for either team as I was torn but still enjoyed the game immensely. Today I will probably cheer for Wales for the simple fact that if they win then the series is even and the final test will be an epic encounter.

For the third test then I would return to sitting on the fence. But I've no fear of getting splinters, as if the game is as entertaining and exciting as the first I wont be doing much actual sitting during the game.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
Love your work Bardon. Always insightful and entertaining.

When people are asked if they could invite anyone to a dinner party, who would it be? You always hear about people wanting to invite the Queen, Barack Obama, blah blah.

Bollocks to that I say! I would be having Lee, Bardon and Paarl over in an instant!

P

Paradox

I'm worried what state Barnes will be in when he gets to the game, he will be physically and mentally exhausted. Bit of a worry when he is the chief playmaker.
Is it his first child? If so, adrenaline will see him through.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Hi boys and girls, firstly hearty congrats to BB on birth of first child, Archie!! Go out and have a blinder son. (He's not literally my son, but Mrs Doug and I are very happy for all three of them)!
Hugh, yes the Reds (red) undies are onboard, and I'm wearing my 1999 jersey again! Fortunately, the antibiotics I'm on for the gash on my forhead (BCC removed) allows the (continued) consumption of my favourite red drop!!
I too can't hate (I hate that word!) the Welsh, as my Mum was a Thomas!!! Go the Wallabies, will win by 12 plus!

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Love your work Bardon. Always insightful and entertaining.

When people are asked if they could invite anyone to a dinner party, who would it be? You always hear about people wanting to invite the Queen, Barack Obama, blah blah.

Bollocks to that I say! I would be having Lee, Bardon and Paarl over in an instant!
You'd have Paarl on the braai, for sure. :)

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Let's hope so. Even if he's back, the next question is whether his head will be in the right place to play rugby. I walked into a glass door the day my first nephew was born. and that wasn't even my own kid!! :p

He 'll be right, I remember when we played against Ipswich once. After taking part in the boat race after he game one of the opposition revealed his wife had just had their first child a couple of hours earlier. We asked why he was not with her. He said it was all about her, nothing for him to do there so he thought might as well come and play footy.

Berrick will have the same attitude surely?

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Interested to see if the Welsh first game was just jet lag. We will find out soon. I think Wales may get up for this one. I hope they don't.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
I don't think this game can match the intensity and suspense of the Ireland vs. NZ game and I have a horrible feeling the Welsh will roll us tonight.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Interested to see if the Welsh first game was just jet lag. We will find out soon. I think Wales may get up for this one. I hope they don't.

AS, don't sound so bloody negative, the start whistle hasn't even been blown, and you're hiding under the doona!!

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
AS, don't sound so bloody negative, the start whistle hasn't even been blown, and you're hiding under the doona!!

Haha Doug, I am wrapped up in a doona right now on the lounge with the lap top & watching the game on the big plasma! Damn flu has knocked me for 6!

I'm afraid the Irish disappointment of last game has deflated me a bit for this one. I just have a feeling about the Welsh that they may come good for this 2nd game. Naturally I'd love to be proved wrong!

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Haha Doug, I am wrapped up in a doona right now on the lounge with the lap top & watching the game on the big plasma! Damn flu has knocked me for 6!

I'm afraid the Irish disappointment of last game has deflated me a bit for this one. I just have a feeling about the Welsh that they may come good for this 2nd game. Naturally I'd love to be proved wrong!
Me too. Been hammered for over a week with it so far. Nasty little contagion.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)

AS, ABs 22- Ire 19, Kiwis saved by Dan Carter drop goal after the bell! I wouldn't feel too bad! Kiwis coming "back to the field"? Perhaps! Sorry you haven't killed that pesky flu bug, keep working on it kiddo!!

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Me too. Been hammered for over a week with it so far. Nasty little contagion.

It sucks, I wish it would f**k off already, I haven't been able to train/play Rugby. At least I can watch Rugby & come onto G&GR to brighten me up.

Hope you get better soon!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
A better singer than ours. I thought she (our one) sounded a little flat. Welsh singer awesome. Hopefully not a bad omen.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
No time to dwell on our heart breaking defeat to the AB, really excited for this game. I love test rugby!

Status
Not open for further replies.