• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies vs England, Sydney, 3rd Test, 25 June @ 8:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
People are going just nuts with their team selections. So I'm joining in:

1 Allan Ala'alatoa
2 James Hanson
3 Tom Robertson
4 Tom Staniforth
5 Cadeyrn Neville
6 TPN
7 Liam Gill
8 Leroy Houston

9 Nick Frisby
10 Jono Lance
11 Eto Nabuli
12 Matt To'omua
13 Izzy Folau
14 Andrew Kellaway
15 DHP

16 Andrew Ready
17 Taniela Tupou
18 Angus Ta'avoa
19 Angus Coleman
20 Will Skelton
21 Joe Powell
22 Kyle Godwin
23 Michael Hooper

Thanks for the levity (worth while googling) Reg:):):)

You must of run outa players because you left 3 of the lads in there
Maybe find a spot for Jake McIntyre, Ben Daley and Campnell Magnay

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Here's my starting XV for the third test.

1. Paddy Ryan
2. Tolu Latu
3. Tom Robertson
4. Will Skelton
5. Matt Phillip
6. Dean Mumm
7. Pat McCutcheon
8. Dave Dennis
9. Nick Phipps
10. Bernard Foley
11. Henry Clunies-Ross
12. Tom Carter
13. Jim Stewart
14. Angus Roberts
15. Israel Folau

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
People are going just nuts with their team selections. So I'm joining in:

1 Allan Ala'alatoa
2 James Hanson Scott Sio
3 Tom Robertson
4 Tom Staniforth Greg Holmes
5 Cadeyrn Neville Sekope Kepu
6 TPN Ruan Smith
7 Liam Gill
8 Leroy Houston Ben Daley

9 Nick Frisby Toby Smith
10 Jono Lance James Slipper
11 Eto Nabuli Sam Talakai
12 Matt To'omua Sef Fa'agase
13 Izzy Folau Paddy Ryan
14 Andrew Kellaway Jeremy Tilse
15 DHP Chris Heiberg

16 Andrew Ready Pettowa Paraka
17 Taniela Tupou
18 Angus Ta'avoa
19 Angus Coleman Phil Kite
20 Will Skelton Pek Cowan
21 Joe Powell Guy Millar
22 Kyle Godwin Cruze Ah-Nau
23 Michael Hooper Les Leulua'iali'i-Makin

FTFY ;)

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Here's my starting XV for the third test.

1. Paddy Ryan
2. Tolu Latu
3. Tom Robertson
4. Will Skelton
5. Matt Phillip
6. Dean Mumm
7. Pat McCutcheon
8. Dave Dennis
9. Nick Phipps
10. Bernard Foley
11. Henry Clunies-Ross
12. Tom Carter
13. Jim Stewart
14. Angus Roberts
15. Israel Folau

Too many Tahs

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
I've a feeling Folau will play this one at 12..Kerevi to 13, TK to the bench. I initially had them the other way around but it kinda solves the 2nd playmaker issue, shit kicks aside. Remember it was mooted he was training and would be selected there before the 1st test.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
I've a feeling Folau will play this one at 12..Kerevi to 13, TK to the bench. I initially had them the other way around but it kinda solves the 2nd playmaker issue, shit kicks aside. Remember it was mooted he was training and would be selected there before the 1st test.

Are you being serious or are you getting amongst the fun of picking out-there squads?

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Are you being serious or are you getting amongst the fun of picking out-there squads?

That one is being serious, the rest of 'my' team is nowhere near out there! Clearly he was being tried there in the earlier parts of the Wallabies preparation, but they elected to go with the two K's. Now might be the time to try it. If not then 12. Kerevi 13. Folau.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)

Think it's a joke. Moving the only decent player we have under the high ball in a series where we have already been out kicked and had issues at the back would be a recipe for trouble. DHP might go ok but he let one bounce last week and in his biggest test and a very important game it would be a big ask. Pressure coming at him will be massive.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Think it's a joke. Moving the only decent player we have under the high ball in a series where we have already been out kicked and had issues at the back would be a recipe for trouble. DHP might go ok but he let one bounce last week and in his biggest test and a very important game it would be a big ask. Pressure coming at him will be massive.

He failed to catch two before the bounced one as well. I think he caught 2 cleanly tho. Less then 50% success rate. DHP will be easily targeted... actually he was targeted and it worked.

I have high hopes for him though, still a solid effort.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
That one is being serious, the rest of 'my' team is nowhere near out there! Clearly he was being tried there in the earlier parts of the Wallabies preparation, but they elected to go with the two K's. Now might be the time to try it. If not then 12. Kerevi 13. Folau.

But Kerevi is more of a playmaker then Folau. Folau is an average passer. A player who makes breaks shouldn't be regarded as a "playmaker" - he is a dangerous runner and a dangerous attacker.

Don't you recall the overlap he screwed up by running into Kuridrani (it think it was Kuridrani).

Having said that, I don't mind the idea of 12. Kerevi 13. Falou IF we can find someone who can catch a high ball.

Maybe it's time to move Falou back to the wing.

tragic

John Solomon (38)
Wonder if Hunt might reappear.
I thought he was lucky to make the squad but two pretty good coaches (Dwyer and Cheika) seem to rate him.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)

It's nowhere near silly when you think about it. In attack he's at 2nd receiver acting as a second playmaker. In defence he switches with Horne and gets utilised up the back. That can happen if he's playing 13 as well though.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
It's nowhere near silly when you think about it. In attack he's at 2nd receiver acting as a second playmaker. In defence he switches with Horne and gets utilised up the back. That can happen if he's playing 13 as well though.

I just don't think the issues that really need addressing is numbers 11-15. Not convinced a playmaker 12 will fix Foley's issues which I mainly see as kicking. Thought he controlled the game quite well in Brisbane and threw the last pass in a nice try.

Status
Not open for further replies.