• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies vs England, Sydney, 3rd Test, 25 June @ 8:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
How do you mean? I'm not aware of any injuries from the weekend so presumably it's the same 33 as last week.

I guess I'm wondering if players like Houston and Gill are still training in the squad.

Who is a realistic chance to play next week. Only those who have had time with the squad.

For example many have stated names like Coleman or Timani but they haven't even trained with the squad so their is practically zero chance for them to play.

Some-one like Houston could very well get some game time. Provided he is in the squad?

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
I guess I'm wondering if players like Houston and Gill are still training in the squad.

Who is a realistic chance to play next week. Only those who have had time with the squad.

For example many have stated names like Coleman or Timani but they haven't even trained with the squad so their is practically zero chance for them to play.

Some-one like Houston could very well get some game time. Provided he is in the squad?

Oh OK. Yes you are correct, only those in the squad are going to get selected. Houston didn't even make the first cut. Gill however replaced Pocock so he's a chance. I don't think Hunt was replaced so there might only be 32 now.
The 9 players in the squad not in the 23 on the weekend as far as I know are:

Ala'alatoa
Sio
Horwill
Simmons
Skelton
Gill
Palu
Hodge
Naiyarovaro

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Oh OK. Yes you are correct, only those in the squad are going to get selected. Houston didn't even make the first cut. Gill however replaced Pocock so he's a chance. I don't think Hunt was replaced so there might only be 32 now.

Ala'alatoa
Sio
Horwill
Simmons
Skelton
Gill
Palu
Hodge
Naiyarovaro
James Hanson isn't officially in the squad as far as I know but does seem to be with them today.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BG3bNeqgJMy/

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

tragic

John Solomon (38)

Ala'alatoa
Sio
Horwill
Simmons
Skelton
Gill
Palu
Hodge
Naiyarovaro
Sio deserves another shot from the bench. Slipper only did marginally better and benefited from different referee interpretations.
I've been clear already on my thoughts re Gill - not going there again
Changing locks will make no difference - toss a coin
Naiyarivaro played flanker for Fiji schoolboys :)

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
/quote]
I don't want to search the site to find out what they are: for or against?
I am a big for because I think he gives us a huge advantage at the breakdown against the pommy all #6 back row.

bigmac

Billy Sheehan (19)
Here's my starting XV for the third test.

1. Paddy Ryan
2. Tolu Latu
3. Tom Robertson
4. Will Skelton
5. Matt Phillip
6. Dean Mumm
7. Pat McCutcheon
8. Dave Dennis
9. Nick Phipps
10. Bernard Foley
11. Henry Clunies-Ross
12. Tom Carter
13. Jim Stewart
14. Angus Roberts
15. Israel Folau
Sydney uni wallabies????

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Sio deserves another shot from the bench. Slipper only did marginally better and benefited from different referee interpretations.
Changing locks will make no difference - toss a coin
Naiyarivaro played flanker for Fiji schoolboys :)

Agree on Sio. Slipper also benefited from poor turf, i'd imagine we would have been penalised more otehrwise.
Skelton could be interesting though. Probs see him on the bench.
No point in playing Palu - he won't be here for the RWC - might as well give others game time.

tragic

John Solomon (38)
I don't want to search the site to find out what they are: for or against?
I am a big for because I think he gives us a huge advantage at the breakdown against the pommy all #6 back row.
Definitely for - it was mostly all in the pre game 2 thread as I was concerned at the lack of balance and impact of the proposed back rows without pocock.
But because I have a little red icon in the top corner it gets shitcanned for being one-eyed so I have given up
To be fair though I did opt for a ball running 8 and put hooper on the bench so it was a little controversial

tragic

John Solomon (38)
Agree on Sio. Slipper also benefited from poor turf, i'd imagine we would have been penalised more otehrwise.
Skelton could be interesting though. Probs see him on the bench.
No point in playing Palu - he won't be here for the RWC - might as well give others game time.
Never been a big fan of Skelton but I'm coming around with the lack of other line bending options. Would be happy to see a run off the pines.
No idea re no 8. I thought Leroy was worth a risk but if he's not training in the squad then we're out of options..

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Time to unleash the Skelton, even if it is to the lineout's detriment.
Agree. It doesn't have to be though if we start mccalman or Palu and have the other one on the bench, either leave McMahon out or go a 6:2 split. Phipps and Hooper can cover the wing if necessary.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Definitely for - it was mostly all in the pre game 2 thread as I was concerned at the lack of balance and impact of the proposed back rows without pocock.
But because I have a little red icon in the top corner it gets shitcanned for being one-eyed so I have given up
To be fair though I did opt for a ball running 8 and put hooper on the bench so it was a little controversial
I'm with you all the way but the politics don't work: Moore is under pressure for his spot, I reckon, so hooper has to be in the run on team.
We need an on baller if only as a point of difference.

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
I think there needs some re balancing of the back-row. Here in SA we traditionally choose a quick(er) no 6 to get to the rucks and to generally just cause havoc all over, strong ball-carrying no.7 to provide momentum and an equally strong No 8 who is basically almost another no 7. Think Louw, Alberts & Vermeulen or Burger, Juan Smith & Danie Rossouw.

Obviously your 6 and 7 are the other way round, but I still think a back-row comprising of such players will be much more effective against this English pack who are uncompromising. I'm also not suggesting Australia take this route permanently, perhaps just in this test series.

Honestly not too familiar with your players of late as I've kind of resorted to watching one Super Rugby game a month.

As things stand currently our own back-row is imbalanced and we've paid the price so far in our own series.

What's up with O'connor? Has he changed his ways? Is he eligible and what's his form like. Think you could do with a world class winger. Never liked the twit, but he's a good footballer.

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
1. Slipper
2. TPN
3. Kepu
4. Carter
5. Horwill
6. Fardy
7. Hooper
8. McCalman
9. Phipps (hopefully still with the boot mark on the arse he deserved this week)
10. Foley
11. Horne
12. To'omua (he's been back training for 3 weeks now)
13. TK
14. DHP
15. Folau

16. Moore
17. Sio
18. Holmes
19. Arnold or Skelton
20. Liam fuckin Gill (because I love him, he's leaving and he deserves a chance for years of brilliance)
21. Pickle
22. Lealiifano
23. Kerevi

That way most of the people who can practically be chastened for their poor performance last week will be + there is some tremendous power and skill coming off the bench for us

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
I don't mind seeing one or two changes for the test - but bringing in new guys from outside the main squad and chucking him into a baptism of fire without proper preparation is not the way to develop talent.

People should also consider how McMahon is going. Looked great guns in super rugby - struggling to be effective at tests.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
i actually don't think there will be too many changes at all. i would persevere with all of the pack save for putting McMahon on the bench and McCalman in the XV. The captain should go but i'd be surprised if he did. i cant see Cheika changing the halves combination either, To'omua might replace Lealiifano in the 23. Collectively the wallabies were completely off on Saturday night, but unfortunately that's all we have at the moment. to me they looked really unsure and nervous in the warm up and opening 20 or so, like they are still not certain about the new patterns of play - if indeed there is one.

Status
Not open for further replies.