• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies versus Wales- SFS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
The signs are all coming together for you C/B or are they?

25 years since the Rotorua RWC87 victory. You are predicting a win by 6. The 6N video finally shows up. You have found your lucky beanie, et al. The Coaches and Selectors are still not listening to you. The Breadman is overdue some form. etc.

Omens can be manipulated and are sometimes deceptive. Beware the power of the Gnome. Unlike the Breadman, he has been in form and his magic has been strong.

The Men from the Valleys are shoe in to flog the Colonials by a country mile. Fact.

Or is it?
Not shewer you're right about us being a shoe-in. We will need to come out of the blocks like we did last game- not like the first. Hope Rhys and Philips can show some maturity in picking the moment and the way to kick. I'd love to see Cuthbert and North get a chance to run at McCabe and Ioane. If so it will be game on

But either way I know that I'm going to have a great day!

BTW, whose the ref?

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
I'd love to see Cuthbert and North get a chance to run at McCabe and Ioane.

They'd be well advised not to run at McCabe. It didn't work for the Bok backrow last year, and I can't see it being the smart play now. Pocock would be smacking his lips.

I've been backing McCabe since Samoa and every game since then he has got better. I don't know why people keep underestimating that lad, but they do, and he keeps on coming back for more.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
They'd be well advised not to run at McCabe. It didn't work for the Bok backrow last year, and I can't see it being the smart play now. Pocock would be smacking his lips.

I've been backing McCabe since Samoa and every game since then he has got better. I don't know why people keep underestimating that lad, but they do, and he keeps on coming back for more.

In fact, last week it appeared that the Welsh backs were intentionally not running in his direction.

By the end of the night he'd only been put into a position to make a few tackles, and or or two of those were in broken play.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)

Yes, McCabe and Ioane are both brutal defenders and positionally sound. No weaknesses there.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
Out of interest FatProp, do you know about whether Timani is a good scrummager?
With waratah interest at heart I've been watching his scrum work. He is a tight head, as is Kane Douglas. Poor form and injury to Mumm lead foley to play 2 tight heads with timani starting on the loose head side. Fom memory he struggled here, and swapped with KD halfway through the first half and the scrums got better.

Watching both players, I actually think kane is a better scrumming lock, and is great at open field play. His support lines are very good, and he can get through the work at the breakdown. I'm frankly suprised he wasn't favored over timani, and the cynic in me thinks timani was initially picked to stop him playing for tonga, and has become a deans experiment from there.

It will be interesting to see him this week, and particularly whether he packs at 4 or 5 with sharpie there

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
Personally I felt the Welsh were lucky not to be pinged more heavily, but that's subjective. It is inevitable that there will be debate over the breakdown rules if a team is defending for 65% of the time . Refs overlook any number of breaches, trying to focus on breaches that have a material impact on the game.

Winning rugby is playing to the whistle, and having the skills to adapt your game to it.

Lindommer

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Your observations about the Tahs' second-rowers are very apt, rsa: to my eye the only thing Timani has over Douglas is size. It's crucially important for Oz rugby for a handful of backup locks to be developed, TBH I wouldn't've included Timani in that group ahead of Douglas, Neville and Pyle, and even Carter and Fardy. Deans obviously sees something we don't.

But, there again, who'd be a selector?

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Your observations about the Tahs' second-rowers is very apt, rsa: to my eye the only thing Timani has over Douglas is size. It's crucially important for Oz rugby for a handful of backup locks to be developed, TBH I wouldn't've included Timani in that group ahead of Douglas, Neville and Pyle, and even Carter and Fardy. Deans obviously sees something we don't.

But, there again, who'd be a selector?
And a player who i think has been forgotten about is wykes his form last year was great but injurys have ruined his season this year. Hopefully he can comw back next year where he left off last

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Dai bando

Charlie Fox (21)
Oh well dogs are looking for their walk so here goes back to bed then up at 5/30 AM to watch the game. All I hope is that they give a good account of themselves and not just look for the plane home.
If we come to play again it could be any ones but if we are in front with a couple min to go I hope again we can control it better. Untill the morrow Nos Dda (good night)

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Personally I felt the Welsh were lucky not to be pinged more heavily, but that's subjective. It is inevitable that there will be debate over the breakdown rules if a team is defending for 65% of the time . Refs overlook any number of breaches, trying to focus on breaches that have a material impact on the game.

Winning rugby is playing to the whistle, and having the skills to adapt your game to it.
Absolutely. Actually think Joubert is the best ref ATM. But it's also true that for first 45 we had no idea what he was going to blow for and what he wasn't.

Bore da Dai! Mae'r haul yn yr awyr las yma. Mae Tim Cymru yn mynd I ennill heddiw.

It is what it is

John Solomon (38)
Calling all members of SFS.
Get out there quickly as the line up at 12 noon for gate opening was 4 wide and stretched back hundreds of metres.

Status
Not open for further replies.