• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies v Wales, 6 July

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)
Final point - really wish we would move on from a system that allows a TMO to intervene unrequested. Nothing kills atmosphere more than sitting around waiting to see why Jonker is wasting everyone's time.
What did you expect from good ol bonkers jonkers?

stillmissit

Ken Catchpole (46)
Kellaway was pretty reliable if not spectacular (although he was fingertips away from a screamer of a try). Very busy in the first half and provided a really good counterpoint to Wright. Keen to see them develop that back three connection further.

Wright had a bit of trademark rocks and diamonds game, but the one big shiny diamond definitely outweighed the rocks here. Just a brilliantly taken try that will likely be playing on repeat in the heads of the Welsh defence all week. A few of the rocks too were down to the team rust and new combinations too, he should hopefully settle a bit into the role after a confidence building win.
Agreed and enjoy all of this post but I am firmly of the belief that Kellaway must be full back and Wright to wing. It appeared as if Kellaway did a fair bit of what Wright should have done in the D. Great try but not a fullback.

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
It wouldn't be half as annoying if they had properly looked at and prepared the footage, and interventions were actually relevant.
Nah its just fucked particularly as in the stadium you don't really have a clue what's going on. I couldn't even tell what they were looking at from the replay it was so innocuous.

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
At the game thought the same, Just needed to go through hands. There was plenty of space to exploit.

Wilson

Phil Kearns (64)
Agreed and enjoy all of this post but I am firmly of the belief that Kellaway must be full back and Wright to wing. It appeared as if Kellaway did a fair bit of what Wright should have done in the D. Great try but not a fullback.
I like Kellaway on the wing, I think it's where he's most comfortable and makes his best decisions. Wright at fullback gives him more opportunity to inject himself into the game and create situations like last night's try. As long as there's a "2nd fullback" (Kellaway fills that role well) on one of the wings I think it's the best spot for him. I'd particularly like to see him get a solid run there after growing into the role this year, as a reasonably recent convert to the position he has a fairly high ceiling which he should get ever opportunity to reach, at least while he's playing well.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
i will reserve my judgement on Wright at FB. there were a couple of instances last night when the small rocks nearly became giant boulders! however, the try was beautifully taken. he may be a much improved player, but in the albeit limited amount i have seen of him for the Brumbies and now Australia THIS year, my prior thoughts and my opinion of him remains largely unaltered - he will still likely lose more games for the Wallabies with poor decisions/execution than he will win with X factor brilliance.

drewprint

Alan Cameron (40)
100%. Wright was good and steady, not perfect, and would benefit hugely from more time in the saddle. This assessment can be applied to the entire team - first team together under a new coach with a tonne of new personnel. Keep him at fullback, keep Kellaway on the wing. I personally think the same about Paisami; I watched the replay today and other than two poor kicks (one under advantage, one not) he again was good and steady, not perfect, and would benefit hugely from more time in the saddle.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Yes, and he may have already and if he continues this form then that is wonderful for the Wobs. On my observations of him from previous seasons I'd say that he has a low rugby IQ. If I am wrong I will be very happy to say so and celebrate his ongoing selection.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Wright had an excellent year for the Brumbies, without any of the brainfarts that have plagued him in previous years...

He's earned that fullback position, and I hope to see him inject himself a bit more in the next game because his counter attacking has been a real highlight this year.

stillmissit

Ken Catchpole (46)
When I suggested Carter Gordon was good enough many howled that he needed 2 more years in Super Rugby and many mentioned that the Wallabies was not a training ground. Has that thinking died?