• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies v Wales, 6 July

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
You mean Kellaway who nearly cost a try or Kellaway who got burned outside.. Tom covered ever kick behind, Kellaway was lucky the Welsh git knocked it on. There's no way they are swapping..

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Some of you are ridiculous...

Here's a thought.. If Kellaway was Wright with that ball he wouldn't have scored that try, and we wouldn't have been safe.

Bet half you hated the grin the arrogant bastard had after he broke the line..

stillmissit

Ken Catchpole (46)
I watched with an old breakaway mate of mine and he was ecstatic at the change, it was great to see our ball protected after years of frustration.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Hard to be disappointed with that game. They look well coached - set piece functional, structure good, they seem to understand their roles.

I don't think Wales are much good, but we've lost to far worse teams in the recent past. Even the feeling of being up by 7+ with a minute left is rare, so I'll take it.

The amount of times I was watching and thought: 'I can't understand why Eddie didn't rate this bloke'. Paisami, Gordon, LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto), Wright. All good solid test players who could be really good with the right help. Fuck I hate that guy.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
BR, you are rushing at shadows as I didn't post that, Swingpass did. Any old how Schmidt will make a call and one thing we can all agree on there will be some logic based on experience.
You are right I won't change my point of view and think that come the RC when more pressure will be put on him his rocks will breed.
My apologies SMI.

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
In 3 weeks it looked like we had more variety in our game plan than we did in 3 years with Rennie though.

Just demonstrates how out of touch Eddie is/was with how he prepared the team last year. Christ.

stillmissit

Ken Catchpole (46)
Just listening to the post match interview with the media. Don't watch them much but can some bastard hand a microphone to the guys asking the bloody questions.
You can buy one for $100 bucks and I would be happy to donate it......

Homer

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Variety! 99,000 box kicks aint variety.
People forget Rennie was one tackle away from beating France in France and a Tupou injury from beating Ireland in Ireland. A win is a win these days but Im not sure we have the cattle to compete against the top dogs yet. Great to see some depth coming in front row with Kailea a huge presence when he came on and he is still learning how to scrum.
By 27 we could be humming along nicely if we can build some more real depth and skill in our backs.

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Just listening to the post match interview with the media. Don't watch them much but can some bastard hand a microphone to the guys asking the bloody questions.
You can buy one for $100 bucks and I would be happy to donate it......
Yeah that's a common issue across sport even in very professional league's like the EPL. It's weird.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Variety! 99,000 box kicks aint variety.

I think that opinion is held by pretty much the entire fanbase. Nobody thinks we are that good, but you take the win when you can.

And I didn't think we box kicked too much, but the fact is when done well it's still the best strategy when you're between your own 22 and halfway.

Reactions: TSR

stillmissit

Ken Catchpole (46)
what a stupid comment. a singular player never loses a game.
Fullbacks do regularly. It is a bloody difficult position as you are on your own in the last line after a turnover break is made. Being one of the best tacklers and kickers is a great advantage for the position. See Matt Burke for the archetype.

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I would argue that a lot of other players have made greater errors in most situations where a fullback is required to make a last ditch covering tackle. In your example, I would suggest the person who has turned over possession is primarily responsible.