• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies v Wales, 6 July

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
According Wikipedia, Flook is 1.86 cm and 89 kg. I always though he could gain some kilos to stop the monsters who run the channel 2 at international level.

Conrad Smith was 1.86 cm and 95 kg at his prime. So a more heavier player but we can suposse that Flook currenlty weighs 95 kg (I doubt it) but Conrad was one of the best defenders in their generation. So Flook HAS to gain some kilos. International rugby is different than Super Rugby level.
I think the strapping on Flook's shoulder would be more than the 6kg difference

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
Obviously some supporter bias but I don’t think Flook has played an outright bad game in the last 12 months.

Sure he’s had a few games where his impact wasn’t huge, but there were no outright “wtf are you doing mate” moments. That counts for something and is more important at test level where mistakes are easily converted into opportunities.

Flook could end up being too vanilla but I think his ceiling is close to a Conrad Smith type player and I wouldn’t say he was a huge X factor guy.
I love Flook because he is NOT an "X" factor player, he is reliable and you know what you will get from him.

As a coach you also have the benefit of not having to adjust your defensive system because you know an "X" factor player is going to let your team down defensively every game trying to be a hero.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
nj1xwjl2rpad1.jpeg

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
Hey fellas any idea how I’d be able to watch this online in Portugal? Only got phone with me so dunno how to do VPN

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
Hey fellas any idea how I’d be able to watch this online in Portugal? Only got phone with me so dunno how to do VPN
Without a VPN, things are tough. You'd have to be a VIP to get something going nowadays. Makes you long for the day every Brit Pub in Southern Europe had some some sort of dodgy pay TV box that got you everything broadcast from Lisbon to Cyprus.

Yoda

Alex Ross (28)
I think Rob will go ok, but I'd really like to see TT step up and be more physical with ball in hand. And on more than 3 or 4 occasions as seemed to be his limit of attacking activity at the Rebels this year.
BR. For a professional rugby player of his ability and hype, he is appallingly unfit. He’s only good for 20 minutes at best. Pretty ordinary.

The Ghost of Raelene

Simon Poidevin (60)
Score predictions?

Wallabies 28/12

Optimistic for the Wallabies to get 28 maybe but this Wales lineup is garbage. Bloke playing for Richmond in the team ffs.

Wilson

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Score predictions?

Wallabies 28/12

Optimistic for the Wallabies to get 28 maybe but this Wales lineup is garbage. Bloke playing for Richmond in the team ffs.
I'm pretty confident, particularly with the inexperienced and makeshift Welsh halves. Don't think we'll be quite fluid enough to run away with it though - Wallabies by 8-12*.

*I wouldn't be surprised if the Welsh scored a late try to bring the margin within 7, but I don't think the game will still be in the balance in the final minutes.

The Ghost of Raelene

Simon Poidevin (60)
I hope the focus has been on Defence. The last couple of seasons we’ve kept a team below 20 only a couple of times. You’ll never be successful like that.

Wilson

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
I hope the focus has been on Defence. The last couple of seasons we’ve kept a team below 20 only a couple of times. You’ll never be successful like that.
That and discipline. As a Reds fan it was so refreshing to finally have a season where we were largely on top of it. Would be great to see the same from the Wallabies, they've been on the wrong side of the penalty count much too often for way too long.

Wallabies

Chris McKivat (8)
That and discipline. As a Reds fan it was so refreshing to finally have a season where we were largely on top of it. Would be great to see the same from the Wallabies, they've been on the wrong side of the penalty count much too often for way too long.
Discipline is genuinely so important for wallabies, past games we’ve spent in our half for majority of game due to poor discipline.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
I hope the wallabies get the season off to a good start but I can see us losing this game. Yes Wales are garbage but we have proven we are worse than garbage on numerous occasions. The stress of being a wallabies fan begins again

Yoda

Alex Ross (28)
I hope the wallabies get the season off to a good start but I can see us losing this game. Yes Wales are garbage but we have proven we are worse than garbage on numerous occasions. The stress of being a wallabies fan begins again
You are a positive bloke Shiggins old mate!