• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies v Springboks, Sat 10th August 2.30pm AEST @ Suncorp,

stillmissit

Peter Fenwicke (45)
But, we got dished up at the coal face. There is no way around that. As said, we were going backwards and under pressure. Hopefully we can change it around a bit for next week and muscle up.
I'm hopeful we will go somewhat better in the second game if TT, Bell, Koro and Kellaway to 15 it should look better. Is BPA over the injury?

Equalizer

Trevor Allan (34)
Its almost like being consecutive world champions and the clear best team in the world engenders positivity.
It's the Wallaby way. Lackadaisical play, Lackadaisical support. If you have the world champs in town playing in your home stadium lift your game. The team were on a pants job in the last couple of minutes. Does any Wallaby player have an ego or outright confidence or arrogance to be worlds best and dominate their position.

Perth could be a blood bath again because there are.plenty of South Africans over here, and RA will need more than John Williamson singing to get things going.

stillmissit

Peter Fenwicke (45)
There were a couple of times we threatened and even broke the line out wide from nice passing movements. The problem was they were too few and we ultimately bottled them.

We fell down in the fundamentals. And while I 100% agree that the Boks are a far superior team at the moment and the result wasn’t unexpected it seemed to me we still made a bunch of unforced errors which we can’t afford to be making. Simple dropped ball. Needless penalties. Duffed lineouts in good attacking position. Poorly directed kicks.
Agree TSR, like to add, slow to react to ball on the ground. The perennial poor support for the runner.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
When Australia was a Top 3/5 nation like 2015 RWC or 2019 RWC, Nic White was a consistent substitute below Will Genia and Nick Phipps. Since he has been a consistenly starter, the WBs haven't been a Top 5 nation. Coincidence? I don't believe it
Genia was a class above all of our options though. Phipps was hit and miss

Mick The Munch

Cyril Towers (30)
We really did look like a 9th ranked team - one out crash ball, poor box kicking execution, I would playing Wilson, Tate, Lynagh, Paisami - at least they will know each other game

TSR

Andrew Slack (58)
It was better than Tate's...
Disagree.

But he’s not really relevant to the current halves anyway other than a demonstration our issues in the halves (both 9 & 10) have been long standing. Even Genia was not nearly as good in the second part of his career as the first.

Sword of Justice

Trevor Allan (34)
Tate is an enigmatic player. He has the worst pass, kick, and physicality of the current lot but he does generally increase the overall pace and find space for teammates. In a strange way I’d say he’s a better rugby footballer than the other two in the squad.

However, I’d keep him for the last 20 minutes because I don’t believe he can execute Schmidt’s game plan with his skills.

Making a bunch of changes after that game would be an Eddie thing to do. We selected about the best xv that we had available. They were just better at this point in time.

dru

David Wilson (68)
I know he went off early, but I missed when he got injured. I'm going to have to try and find it again. I thought it was weird him going off so early.

Has not stopped Daugunu already being included in 3-2-1.
26'Player substituted - Filipo Daugunu , Australia

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Has not stopped Daugunu already being included in 3-2-1.
26'Player substituted - Filipo Daugunu , Australia
Yeah he won’t be in mine. He didn’t do anything noticeably wrong but need to play at least 50 minutes to get a vote from me.

Reactions: dru

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
I have just watched the replay. I was a victim of the ignorance of RA not bowing to the demands of GPS schoolboy parents and instead opting to avoid a broadcast clash with that other insignificant global sporting event that was going on at the same time (for an example of the alternative check out the grandstands in Wellington).

Anyways, I did find some advantages of a delayed complete viewing. Instead of screaming at the screen whenever the saffers were standing in our backline I actually took notice of some other things. I don’t think it’s as disastrous as it seemed in real time. It probably depends how you looked at it - if you were in the camp looking at it as 1st on the planet v 9th it wasn’t too bad. If your expectations were that we were suddenly going to return to the 90s/00s then you would have been disappointed.

In summary, I reckon half of the 26 points difference came down to experience, the other half came down to the set piece, which largely revolved around missing all of Tupou, Bell, McReight, Wright, and not having a settled locking pair.

It will be a slow grind, but I just want to see improvement and some combinations evolve. I don’t see any unforced changes for next week, except for maybe at 10. In Daugunu’s place I’d start Pietsch and bring Koroibete off the bench, I thought Pietsch was pretty good except for the knock on. He wasn’t the only bloke to make a mistake. For the concussed locks, whatever the coaches see as the best solution, I have no idea.