• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies v Springboks, Sat 10th August 2.30pm AEST @ Suncorp,

dru

David Wilson (68)
For goodness sake, not sure what irritates more, Marce rubbing everyone's nose in it or 5 posters reacting to each Marce provocation. Here's a tip:
1. click on his avatar
2. find the "ignore" button
3. use it

If you want it considered by mods, report it. None of the above needs a running commentary any more than a delayed broadcast does.

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)
Inexperience, physicality and less amount of bbq'd meat consumed helped show us up. The forwards got panted very early on and looked like they were put off their game. Our attention to the ruck was poor, and playing close either side of the ruck on attack played right into the hands of the boks.

The boks were great, and looked like a battlehardened side coming off 2 arm wrestles with the #2 rivals.

No point calling out performances, the whole 8 will have a uncomfortable Monday video review. Let's see how Joe can get them to rebound.

Strewthcobber

Steve Williams (59)
Well you’re going to have to fire schmidt if you want that …

his M.O coaching the wallabies was only selecting Australian based players… and excluding all others- including making ridiculous “statements” like dropping Marky Mark (Nawaqanitawase) (Nawaqanitawase) who still had a year left on his contract .
Keep losing like that and he will change the MO

HogansHeros

Jim Clark (26)
I dont know why everyone is so up in arms? This is unfortunately the result I expected... the boks pack is almost all 30 and over with years of hard test level rugby, we had a 24yr old with 3 tests against tier 2 nations in Kailea starting in the front row... nothing against the bloke, he did the best he could, its just where the wobs are at the moment. The boks pack at this stage is on another level compared to the wobs and thats always going to kill us... looks like our best bet is against the kiwis this year.

K974

Allen Oxlade (6)
What is “Wallabies DNA”?
Well traditionally the wallabies are known for open running rugby , it’s what the public want. Appreciate now they want to get some wins first and foremost

but if you cast your mind back to when irrland were in australia in 2018 for the series plenty on this forum were critical of the Irish style of play , it was effective but attritional which ultimately got figured out in 2019

appreciate the game and Joe has prob moved on a bit but yesterday the snippets of limited attack that wallabies had was very much how the Irish team of that era played ,

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
Well traditionally the wallabies are known for open running rugby , it’s what the public want. Appreciate now they want to get some wins first and foremost

We saw that "open running rugby" does not work in todays modern game in the latter part of Chiekas years where we would run it from inside our own 22, knock it on and then conceed points.

You can run if you have front foot ball i.e. getting over the gain line with quick recycle coupled with the ability to kick in a variety of ways to keep the floating 9 + wingers off their lines as they're not too sure what to expect.

The Bomb Boks know how to play the modern international game; play for territory and exert pressure from the set piece and defence.

We're not able to outplay teams when its a kicking match because we drill into our kids and young players "to run the ball", so they hardly work on their in-game kicking which gets exposed when they try to.

K974

Allen Oxlade (6)
We saw that "open running rugby" does not work in todays modern game in the latter part of Chiekas years where we would run it from inside our own 22, knock it on and then conceed points.

You can run if you have front foot ball i.e. getting over the gain line with quick recycle coupled with the ability to kick in a variety of ways to keep the floating 9 + wingers off their lines as they're not too sure what to expect.

The Bomb Boks know how to play the modern international game; play for territory and exert pressure from the set piece and defence.

We're not able to outplay teams when its a kicking match because we drill into our kids and young players "to run the ball", so they hardly work on their in-game kicking which gets exposed when they try to.

Agree to a point
Yes the wallabies gameplay used to have not enough kicking at test level it used to drive me insane

But you need a bit more than to Your game unless you have the boks size

Look at how andy Farrell evolded ireland beyond joe who don’t have the boks size

joe style May we’ll have evolded too but with ireland it got figured out in 18 /19, he’ll need more than the box kick and one out runners cos the wallabies aren’t going to match the likes of the boks france or england in size

Marce

Peter Sullivan (51)
You are entitled to an opinion, that's fine. But just watch the game and give your summary at the end. A running commentary hours after everyone else has watched it is just fucking annoying and doesn't mesh in with the prevailing conversation.
The game in my local time was at dawn. I watched it as soon as I woke up. Actually I did it several times here but this particularly game irritates them more than others.

I'm kind of Yoko Ono here. The only responsabible for the Beatles breakup

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
The game in my local time was at dawn. I watched it as soon as I woke up. Actually I did it several times here but this particularly game irritates them more than others.
We know you do it several times, it's probably because it was a day time game so everyone was actually awake and having a conversation about the game played several hours earlier while you were doing it. Usually everyone is either asleep or the conversation has since waned and everyone has moved on to the next game thread so you are effectively talking to yourself.

Marce

Peter Sullivan (51)
We know you do it several times, it's probably because it was a day time game so everyone was actually awake and having a conversation about the game played several hours earlier while you were doing it. Usually everyone is either asleep or the conversation has since waned and everyone has moved on to the next game thread so you are effectively talking to yourself.
That's right. It was my fault, I didn't realize it. Despite that, some users attacked me like I was the man who run RA in the last decades

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member

but if you cast your mind back to when irrland were in australia in 2018 for the series plenty on this forum were critical of the Irish style of play , it was effective but attritional which ultimately got figured out in 2019

appreciate the game and Joe has prob moved on a bit but yesterday the snippets of limited attack that wallabies had was very much how the Irish team of that era played ,

but our moments of "open running rugby" have always been based in structure and developing disciplined support lines, we now just pass it to the next flat footed unit to be smashed

TSR

Andrew Slack (58)
There were a couple of times we threatened and even broke the line out wide from nice passing movements. The problem was they were too few and we ultimately bottled them.

We fell down in the fundamentals. And while I 100% agree that the Boks are a far superior team at the moment and the result wasn’t unexpected it seemed to me we still made a bunch of unforced errors which we can’t afford to be making. Simple dropped ball. Needless penalties. Duffed lineouts in good attacking position. Poorly directed kicks.

TSR

Andrew Slack (58)
I dunno. Quite possible. But I expect to see improvement relatively quickly especially if Bell & Tupou come back in. There wasn’t actually that much difference in pack sizes and Frost & Lukhan are easily big enough to be effective locks, and likewise Valetini & Wilson in the back row. But a combination of factors mean they don’t have the same impact. Some of this are individual and the players need to be better. Some are about cohesion and execution.

Strewthcobber

Steve Williams (59)

We fell down in the fundamentals. And while I 100% agree that the Boks are a far superior team at the moment and the result wasn’t unexpected it seemed to me we still made a bunch of unforced errors which we can’t afford to be making. Simple dropped ball. Needless penalties. Duffed lineouts in good attacking position. Poorly directed kicks.
I don't think they are really unforced. A lot of this just comes from fatigue and trying to create something with backfoot ball