• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v Springboks, Brisbane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Fixed again.

daz, delighted to have you and Gagger so quickly on the defensive. I suspect the Radicals (with their non loosey-goosey measurable performance criteria) vs the Fanboys ('we'll be proven right in 201X (fill in the X later on as needed)' soft underbellies) vs the Gonads ('we might feel differently every game') will have a lot to say about all this come Sunday.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
So let me see.

The Wallaby fans are divided and calling each other names. The coach is under fire, a few players are being called out. Commentators are insulting the opposition coach on TV.

The Bok coach reckons cheating is the only way to win and calls the refs cheats, comes up with a dodgy game plan and even more dodgy selections. His two most senior players appear to try and calm the waters with their diplomacy.

Yes folks, this is a show not made for pussies. Take your vitamin pills and get some sleep tonight.

They'll both pitch up at Suncorp carrying everything including the proverbial kitchen sink. It's been years since there's been this much riding on an Aus / SA test.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
So let me see.

The Wallaby fans are divided and calling each other names. The coach is under fire, a few players are being called out. Commentators are insulting the opposition coach on TV.

The Bok coach reckons cheating is the only way to win and calls the refs cheats, comes up with a dodgy game plan and even more dodgy selections. His two most senior players appear to try and calm the waters with their diplomacy.

Yes folks, this is a show not made for pussies. Take your vitamin pills and get some sleep tonight.

They'll both pitch up at Suncorp carrying everything including the banjoes and tinfoil hats. It's been years since there's been this much riding on an Aus / SA test.

Reactions: DPK

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
So let me see......They'll both pitch up at Suncorp carrying everything including the proverbial kitchen sink. It's been years since there's been this much riding on an Aus / SA test.

Sounds good to me Blue. (And you don't need to take QWADEs as I (may) do.)

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
No problem. Shall we return to the status quo on Monday?

Of course, only if the worst happens and they give me ammo. Let it not be so. If I have nothing to bitch about I may have to make some stuff up.

Gotta do something to fill in the gaps between games. I do work sometimes but that is a minor distraction from what is important.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
So let me see.

They'll both pitch up at Suncorp carrying everything including the proverbial kitchen sink. It's been years since there's been this much riding on an Aus / SA test.

At the risk of giving the game away, you know its all a ploy. Part of the great conspiracy don't ya know.

HodgoBerro

Bill Watson (15)
I'd like to see them enter Suncorp Stadium with a kitchen sink, let alone a bottle of water.

I'm looking forward the frisk & cavity search tomorrow....

Must salute Suncorp Stadium's over the top attitude to security. That includes anytime they think my banner for Berrick Barnes is considered a terrorist risk....

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
So let me see.

Well said Blue. It should have all the makings of an absolute ball-tearer. Let's hope the footy lives up to it.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
how can de Villiers basically say that the refs are biased against the Boks and the first two tri-nations were fixed, and get away with it, but when he gets called a clown the Boks go into conniptions and demand an apology?

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
While not wishing to dampen people's expectation of pleasure on saturday night, I think it wise to mention that in eight days time we will play the AB's in Melbourne. That's the Blecks who just slaughtered the Boks two weeks in a row. The same Blecks who have beaten us about eight straight. The same Blecks who will get off the plane refreshed and recovered after we have just had a hard game this week. The same Blecks who gave us Wellington after the previous Brisbane triumph. That game, not this, will set the benchmark for our 3N campaign this year.

If we play really well this week and can keep that level of intensity up next week then that game might well be like some of the monumental games in 2000. But its Everest that stands before us, not a hill like Kosciusko that anyone can climb.

JJJ

Vay Wilson (31)
how can de Villiers basically say that the refs are biased against the Boks and the first two tri-nations were fixed, and get away with it, but when he gets called a clown the Boks go into conniptions and demand an apology?

It's the old subcontinental cricket ploy. Do whatever you want, and if anyone calls you on it throw a hysterical hissy mudslinging fit until the original issue is forgotten.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)

Because the Boks have the power. They can restrict Fox's access to players for comment and therefore make the programs less attractive. Something Fox cannot handle, so they caved.

The proper thing to do in such a situation is to tell PdV to go take a running jump. But Fox is a Murdoch-owned enterprise, they don't do integrity.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
I usually don't look at the selections of players in Wallaby matches too closely, as I considered that most of the players are good enough. The attitude the team plays with is more important than the names of the players but you don't know what it is until the whistle blows.

The team is much as expected given the recent injuries to Ioane, Hynes, and Hodgson...

An intelligent and timely contribution as always, Lee.

There always seems to be a chorus of people shouting 'the coach is insane' for not selecting precisely the squad they would have, when really they are talkiing about one or two positions. Meh. We have plenty of good players on the field, and some weaknesses. any combination of players we could put out will have a similar profile. It is where their heads and hearts are on the day that will make the difference.

One event such as a return to form by Giteau could see us dominate. Let's see how it goes.

GO WALLABIES!

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
Well I fly out tomorrow so hoping for the best no matter what. Anyone know a good place to take the family to eat for lunch near the Novotel or SouthBank?

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)

He is not getting away with it. There is a Sanzar enquiry and when he gets back to SA I reckon he is in shit.

You cannot call people a clown on television. No matter who they are, what they did, what they said and even when they are in fact, a clown.

The fact that PdV is out of line does not make what Canno said right.

HodgoBerro

Bill Watson (15)
Well I fly out tomorrow so hoping for the best no matter what. Anyone know a good place to take the family to eat for lunch near the Novotel or SouthBank?

Wagamama in the Wintergarden on the Queen St mall is kid friendly, kids eat free

C

chief

Yeah I have a feeling we are going to end up on one of the cafes on Queen st mall. No problem, thats where the boys do their pre-match walk!

Plenty of good eateries around there. Personally I suggest Paddington area which is right around the corner from Suncorp. I'd head there for a top feed anywhere along that strip is fantastic.

Wallabies to lose by 10.

Langthorne

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Gagger - great clip. I'm psyched!

Interesting to note that of the starting team for that match, those not now available due to injury or retirement are: Smith, Horwill, Alexander, TPN. with reserve absences being Palu (like I've said before, he was often overlooked by Deans when he was fit) and Hynes. The forwards are the ones who have suffered from injuries - the backs are just playing musical positions (Turner dropped, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) moved to 15 from 13, Giteau to 12 from 10, Cooper to 10, JO'C to the wing, Horne into the team at 13, Barnes to the bench).

Will the result change the position of the Apostates Vs Faithful Vs Agnostics? Not a bit.

If Australia win:
Apostates: "one win!? big fucking deal - Deans has still won less often than Eddie Jones"
Faithful: "surely now the scales have dropped from your eyes and the wonder of Robbie's creation is clear to all"
Agnostics: "we'll see how we go against the All Blacks"

If the South Africans win:
Apostates: "see, more of the same shit"
Faithful: "we have no depth, plus injuries. It is impossible to do better, and despite that Robbie is creating depth..."
Agnostics: "we'll see how we go against the All Blacks"

Status
Not open for further replies.