• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies V Samoa - Test 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Congrats Samoa. Wallabies pretty ordinary. Games are won and lost at the breakdown. Something interesting to talk about on the Rugby Club this week...

Prodigy

Ron Walden (29)
Too right, well done Samoa - just bashed the Wallabies into submission!

Lots of players looked "out of sorts" or "out of their depth" - I have a feeling Timani played in this match as much to see if he was up to the standard as to keep him from playing for Tonga.

I thought Matt Giteau did ok, playing behind a beaten pack. Nick Phipps has alot of work to do at Wallabies camp to be consider as Genia's backup, based on that performance.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Disgraceful - really feel sorry for James Hanson today. He's been robbed of a Wallaby debut by the absolute garbage served up by the starting XV.

Farewell Alexander, Timani, Vickerman, Hodgson, McCalman, Gits, McCabe, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), Davies, Gerrard.

Let's pick the real team this week thanks Robbie. Congrats on turning Australian rugby into a complete joke in the space of 8 days.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
So in conclusion:
Davies won't return in a wallabies jersey
Phipps will be lucky to get a run during the world cup
Gits won't ever wear 10 again
AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) has put to rest the centre debate with a shocking performance
Hodgson won't play for WOB's again
Higgenbotham is effective off the bench.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Bloody hell we are going to cop some stick from the rest of the rugby world this week. Much redemption to be sought next week against the Boks.

C

chief

Oh the shame. Oh the fucking shame. This Wallabies team will go down in humiliation for years to come. What an embarrassment.

I have reserved by Robbie Deans part for another thread.

I have always said, that the over promotion of the Reds players which worries me. The Reds were good because they worked as a team, you don't chuck a couple of Reds players in the team who simply aren't up to test footy. I've always thought Rod Davies was a Sprinter not a Rugby player, and Beau Robinson is a team player not an individual Wallaby. Sitalei Timani and Nick Phipps showed that they would struggle and have indeed struggled to previously make Wallaby teams. It is an embarrassment that they were picked to represent their country today.

Elsom should be dropped as captain. He's a good player but a lousy captain. Sorry, sad but true. Enough said.

Giteau and McCabe's combination was just wrong, the moves didn't correlate and they didn't have enough understanding of each other. Giteau failed to communicate with Phipps which made him look even worse.

I'm not going to campaign for Higginbotham to be starting because to be frank, he played fantastically as an outside back.

The "She'll be right" attitude taken by this Wallaby team is somewhat alarming.

G

GC

Higgers offered a lot more go forward than mccalman. He was the only player who enhanced his prospects for me. McCabe started well but too one-dimensional.

Timani won't be near a Wobs team for a while either.

M

Moono75

well done Samoa. At least one side wanted it. Wallabies play your best team and start geling as a unit for theWC. There just aren;t enought games to get that team continuity happening if you keep playing second stringers.

Giteau just seems to be trying too hard to show he still has the magic and ends up pushing bad passes and makes mistakes. He shouldn't be in the starting team.

If they loose to a second string Springbok team De Villiers will be laughing.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Bloody hell we are going to cop some stick from the rest of the rugby world this week. Much redemption to be sought next week against the Boks.

You know what sucks too. We might smash them next week and it won't mean anything seeing as it's their B side. I really hate Robbie for this 2nd string shit. I don't know where we're at because of this performance.

Set piece magic

John Solomon (38)
Let's do some player ratings...

Giteau was pretty horrible
Higginbotham didn't get much of the ball for a while but when he did he made a try
Beale was electric and nearly stole it

That's the last time Phipps puts on a wallabies jearsey
Genia played well and got us going forward

The game wasn't without refereeing controversy, the Samoans gave away 15+ cynical penalties all of which where cardable in my books

Timani was average

Deans is regretting not letting Horwill play
Samoan defense was offside a lot
Aus showed them no respect in the first half
Gerrard was ****
Alexander was ****
Hodgson was... neh
Kepu scrummed well
Moore was good
Sharpe good
Vickermann useless
Robinson way too many errors in such a short time
McCabe useless - tried hard but useless
Ioane was heavily marked
Davies useless
AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) useless

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Giteau was not that bad, come off it. That game was lost up front, plain and simple. No breakdown heart, out-enthused. Giteau ran pretty directly, kicked OK. I know it's "Cool" to hate Gits, but FFS, he shouldn't be the scapegoat. I don't want any of the players cast aside for 1 game, what sort of way is that to run a squad? Guys that did poorly need to be shown why, and given a chance to pull their fingers out.

Status
Not open for further replies.