• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies V Samoa - Test 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swarley

Bob Loudon (25)
Gerrard, Phipps, Timani, Hodgson, Davies shouldn't be considered for the RWC
O'Connor to inside centre, get rid of Giteau
Ben Alexander shouldn't be in the 22

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I disagree I thought Giteau was abysmal. Phipps and Giteau never communicated. This loss is on Giteau as much as anyone. Yes the breakdown was fucking embarrassing. Cyclo, Giteau has had plenty of warning over the last two years to be shown what is wrong with him, and he hasn't improved, nor has he performed. I'm sure Matt Giteau has been informed many times on what's going wrong in his game, but I'm afraid enough is enough, he's got to go. You expect better leadership from Giteau with 90 caps under his belt.
OK, I'm not saying he should start at 10. But, for argument's sake, put Cooper there instead with all that back foot ball. The result would have been no better. The real deficiencies in that performance did not start and end at 10.

U

Utility Back

Can't really see what Davies did so unbelievably wrong, or gits. He took the high balls and the massive hits like a man, good on him, slippery day. That was all lost by the forwards who couldnt handle the immense (and illegal) pressure put on by the samoans. Good on them they gave nothing up.

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
So in conclusion:
Davies won't return in a wallabies jersey
Phipps will be lucky to get a run during the world cup
Gits won't ever wear 10 again
AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) has put to rest the centre debate with a shocking performance
Hodgson won't play for WOB's again
Higgenbotham is effective off the bench.

Might be worth looking at that in the morning.

Gits may well wear 10 again (not saying I like it), Hodgson will play for the Wobs again (he wasn't any worse than Robinson and Pocock still needs a back-up), and I agree AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) was anonymous but I don't really see how that puts the centre debate to rest - and I have a sneaking suspiscion he'll keep it anyway.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
The Wallabies can't win the world cup with Rocky Elsom as captain.

This isn't a reaction and throwing the toys out of the cot post, I have held this view all year. I believe we lost today mostly because of the inexperienced players and the failure of the backline to gel.

But by ignoring the penalties in the first 10 while behind on the scoreboard, he said tp the Samoans, we don't respect you, and they revelled in the challenge. If they had kicked 6 points through penalties and shown them we would have punished them for indiscretion at the breakdown they might have stopped attacking the ruck so aggressively. Plus it would have slowed the game down and taken away the physical dominance of the Samoans at the collision, which they really only held for the first 25 minutes.

The sky isn't falling, but Rocky is the wrong man for the Job any year, little own this RWC year.

G

GC

Can understand kepu being off the pace because of injury but Alexanders performance was totally unexpected.

C

chief

Pull your head in clown

I disagree with that, the reason because he didn't pick a team. He didn't pick a good team in the slightest.

It's hardly clownish for someone to remark that we lost against Samoa, with around 70 percent of territory. Deans didn't treat Samoa with respect, ANY respect. Tangawizi isn't a clown in this instance, he has said something in very simplistic words, which has a strong meaning underpinning it. Which is Deans picked an incorrect team.

rigs23

Allen Oxlade (6)
Dont get me wrong, i do love giteau. He's a natural talent I just think he needs a kick in the arse like KB (Kurtley Beale), but its abit hard now after 90 or so caps. If he does ever start for the Wobs again it will be in inside centre, even though I'd much prefer to see Fainga'a or JOC (James O'Connor) there.

R

rugby eye

Congrats to Samoa get display of pure passion and desire. Did absolutely everything to win including a few illegal things however if they go unseen and the other team cant make anything from the penalties they are given then why stop what your doing.
In terms of Australia and blatantly woeful display. They were far too isolated at most breakdowns, handling was terrible and could barely make the advantage line.
I think a few of the boys wont be seeing to much more game time in the gold jersey or at least no time soon.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
It's not about whether they did much wrong. It's do we have players in the squad that would do better next weekend? Yes we do.

Who's better than Vickerman? Simmons? Vickerman was physical, made errors but you won't find Simmons putting in a more physical performance.

Who's better than McCalman? Well first of all he didn't have a poor game, he was probably our best forward. Samo might get a look in.

McCabe? Seriously you think Fainga'a is better in attack? McCabe did not do much wrong.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
I wonder if the ruckinggoodstats guy has a stat on Australian players losing their footing, Davies was rediculous today, does he wear a shorter stud to increase his speed? THis should not happen at this level.

G

GC

If slipper is not back I wouldn't be surprised if kepu goes to tighthead and Cowan comes in at loosehead for the SA game.

S

saulih

Samoa executed a great game plan, and would have tested our A team. Not enough credit has been given to them. Just goes to show the development/opportunities that professional rugby produces with well over half of the players being Europe based, and the balance (more or less) playing S15. Good for them, and good for world rugby.

Well at least these WB 'B' boys had their chance to prove themselves. The guys have some hard work ahead of them.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
Poor selections by Deans imo - we were playing a hard hitting Samoan team. So you think players like Samo, A. Fainga'a, Higginbotham would have been good options. McCalman has as much penetration as a jelly through steel.

Status
Not open for further replies.