• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies v Georgia 20 July - Allianz Stadium 3.45PM

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Not even close to a pass mark for the wallabies. Yes another win but respecfuly need to beat Georgia by 15-20 comfortably. Impressed by Georgia. Not many handling errors. Scored some great highlight trys. Awesome to see

Dalton is not my cup of tea. Didn't favour any side but just dislike his style of refereeing.

Dono can't play for wallabies. But then seeing Noah come on and kick it dead makes me wonder who the hell we should have at 10.

Red card to dangunu is just wrong. It's a genuine charge down attempt. It's rugby. Unlucky

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
I thought that Tate was super speedy and as accurate as you have a right to call for. I don't know until the second half? When White came on, he "did a Tate" picking up the pace and pushing the game forward. I'm not complaining about either and the speed of service compared to what we have dealt with sometimes (a lot?) is a huge step forward. I suspect that Gordon sets a standard but that both White and Tate can do more if they actually work through what is needed.

I think Daugunu is an utter star really performing in the first half. No, I'm not complaining about the card or the upgrade. OTOH I don't think Wright is the super star that so many claim he is. Give me Kellaway. Nor do I think we aught continue much with Donaldson. Sorry to his fans. I can see why people are supporting Lancaster. We should find more opportunities for him. Generally though right now I'd prefer Daugunu at 11. [Edit Wright can have 14, just keep him away from fullback, or find someone faster.]

I love that our maul was backed, often, against fricken Georgia. And it came off. That game was won through the forwards.

Frost. McReight. Valetini. AAAAAAA. Kailea. Awesome. Add in Hooper, Wilson

For Georgia. I was really looking forward to seeing these guys banking on being really excited by a new talent building in world rugby. Mostly I was.

Hodgman, oh yeah.
Well if that's the case tool takes the wing spot after sevens and wright to the bench.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
As much as I love not waking up on a Sunday a loser there is a very good chance we don't win a game for the rest of the year. Not trying to be negative it's just facts. Enjoy the wins

dru

Tim Horan (67)
As much as I love not waking up on a Sunday a loser there is a very good chance we don't win a game for the rest of the year. Not trying to be negative it's just facts. Enjoy the wins

Sure, Shiggins.

On the other hand, it's always frustrating to hit the Kiwis or Saffers raw. I like having a small set of games up our sleaves as preparation. Schmidt has had a chance at least to get closer to what his top 15/23 is AND to give them some experience developing combinations.

You may well be right, but we are pretty much as well prepared as we can be.

So, grit your teeth, buckle down for the unlikely chances coming... and let's get behind the Gold.

rugbyAU

John Solomon (38)
Player Ratings:

Tom Wright - 4/10
Daungunu - 4/10
Ikitau - 6/10
Paisami - 6/10
Lancaster - 5/0
Donaldson - 5/10
McDermott - 7/10
Wilson - 8/10
McReight - 9/10
Valetini - 8/10
Blyth - 5/10
Frost - 7/10
AA - 7/10
Pollard - 6/10
Kailea - 7/10

Last edited:

Rugby follower

Watty Friend (18)
Player Ratings:

Tom Wright - 4/10
Daungunu - 4/10
Ikitau - 6/10
Paisami - 6/10
Lancaster - 5/0
Donaldson - 5/10
McDermott - 7/10
Wilson - 8/10
McReight - 9/10
Valetini - 8/10
Blyth - 5/10
Frost - 7/10
AA - 7/10
Pollard - 5/10
Kailea - 7/10
Pollard looked great in open play but did some brain dead things at the breakdown, very frustrating how some our players just don’t have rugby smarts

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Not even close to a pass mark for the wallabies. Yes another win but respecfuly need to beat Georgia by 15-20 comfortably. Impressed by Georgia. Not many handling errors. Scored some great highlight trys. Awesome to see

Dalton is not my cup of tea. Didn't favour any side but just dislike his style of refereeing.

Dono can't play for wallabies. But then seeing Noah come on and kick it dead makes me wonder who the hell we should have at 10.

Red card to dangunu is just wrong. It's a genuine charge down attempt. It's rugby. Unlucky
Yes, we should beat them more comfortably. And we would have if not for the wrong red card.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Thoughts on Harry Wilson

When he ran that ball back in the first half rugby league style like that Bledisloe a couple of years ago, I thought that was his test career over…

But he got better as the game went along and was generally pretty good, along with the rest of the backrow.

And I thought Frost competed with McReight for MOTM with a game that should see him back in the starting side against the Boks.

Marce

Peter Sullivan (51)
The 2 Georgia's tries at the beginning of the second half. One was due the lack of a fullback due a controversial red card. The second one was the luckiest try I can remember in years, the ball bounced off Tom Wright and went straight to the Georgian player

With 2 events like those, Dave Rennie lost against Italy and Eddie Jones lost against Fiji and Wales. Despite that Joe managed to win the game

Strewthcobber

Steve Williams (59)

Attachments

• PXL_20240720_104558916.LS_exported_2039.jpg
    PXL_20240720_104558916.LS_exported_2039.jpg
    316.3 KB · Views: 7

Strewthcobber

Steve Williams (59)
When he ran that ball back in the first half rugby league style like that Bledisloe a couple of years ago, I thought that was his test career over…

But he got better as the game went along and was generally pretty good, along with the rest of the backrow.

And I thought Frost competed with McReight for MOTM with a game that should see him back in the starting side against the Boks.
I've been pretty critical of Wilson's goal line defence, especially early in the year. I reckon team's target his relative lack of dynamism.

Was disappointing to see the Georgians get a close-in try straight through him.

(To be fair, I'm not sure how you are meant to stop the try when refs strictly enforce the hands behind the line offside law)

Running_rugby_1954

Alex Ross (28)
I've been pretty critical of Wilson's goal line defence, especially early in the year. I reckon team's target his relative lack of dynamism.

Was disappointing to see the Georgians get a close-in try straight through him.

(To be fair, I'm not sure how you are meant to stop the try when refs strictly enforce the hands behind the line offside law)
Could a player lay down on the ground on the line? What would happen there?