• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies v France 1st test - Suncorp 7 June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
I found it interesting that Sam Carter was given MoTM. Think that's a classic case of favouring the debutant, which happens all the time. Don't get me wrong I thought it was a good effort but far from the best out there.

There were three clear standouts for me- Folau, Slipper and White.

Slipper was the MoM on the free to air coverage. And he bloody well deserved it to! A great way to bring up his 50th cap.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
His probably the most talented runner in union or league in the world. . And what his 23 ish.. Izzy amazing

Sent from my HTC_0P6A1 using Tapatalk

Not to mention he's more the capable of setting other guys up and I would say is significantly less selfish with the ball than you'd expect for a 230lb 15 that runs like he weighs 195.

Then there's the whole fact that he's a goddamn angel off the field. He's essentially Michael Jordan without the litany of character flaws the NBA spent countless millions covering up!

Really hope the ARU is ready to unload the entire salvo to keep him in this code as long as possible after the RWC.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Charles in then, which of Skelton or Jones? Skelton bigger impact off the bench, so it depends whether Link wants to run Horwill on, if not Jones will get the starting gig.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Time to 'fess up. It's my kids fault that Moore is gone.

Just before the game he did some maths out loud.

"91 caps already, 14 tests this year. He will be getting his 100th cap this year, won't he. Wonder what test it will be?" he said during the warm up.

He gave the Kiss of Death to Squeaky. :(

Just like most of my tips.:)

BPC

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Latho used the excuse that he has chicken legs & they wouldn't stay up even with tape.
It's a pet hate of mine to.

I think it was Rob Egerton who believed that garter/tape caused varicose veins and regularly kept his socks down.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

T

TOCC

His probably the most talented runner in union or league in the world. . And what his 23 ish.. Izzy amazing

Sent from my HTC_0P6A1 using Tapatalk

He has quickly grown into the best runner in Australian rugby, but I'd say there are a few players in the NRL who could challenge for that 'world title'..

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Neville is in the wider squad so he would have to be the obvious choice if Link was going to bring anyone in.........

Although I wonder if it's necessary with only 2 matches to go and Jones, Skelton and Horwill around?

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Horwill back into starting lock position and Jones to the bench.

Charles gets his shot and much deserved.

After Moore left Totafu Plod Of Cows did a bloody good job. Good to see him getting the staples right and playing with a bit more self preservation in mind. He looked the complete package in much the same we get from Moore.

Some good performances in that game and plenty of team cohesion. Well done Wallabies.

BDA

Jim Lenehan (48)
Sad to hear Moore is out for the season. The silver-lining is that Nathan Charles will get a chance to get some good experience this season before the world cup. Hurts our chances of regaining the Bledisloe tho.

Same for Sam Carter who i imagine will be back in the team for the RC.

I thought the whole team played well. The Deans Era of stuttering to ugly wins is long gone and the wallabies look super impressive with front foot ball. The new combinations will get better too. The Cummins try was particularly pleasing to watch. To'omua, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), Folau and Cummin combined brilliantly for an absolutely top shelf try.

The French really did not attack the breakdown hard enough and allowed the wobs to get too much front foot ball. You cant do that when you're playing us. The English did very well against the kiwis by not allowing them front foot ball. I expect the French will up their game in that area in the second test so it wont be quite as easy next time round. A few final comments.

- THP - Link needs to consider bringing Laurie Weeks onto the bench in place of Ryan. Ryan is just not upto the standard we require. He might get there eventually but he just cant compete against decent LHPs in the scrum. The scrum was horrible when he came on (SURELY TO NO ONE'S SURPRISE) and the penalty try at the end came when patty popped his head up as he so often does. PLEASE LINK ACT NOW BEFORE WE ARE HORRIBLY EXPOSED BECAUSE OF RYAN!!!

- Lock - those people who are criticizing Simmo's performance are fools imho. Our line-out was near perfect thanks to TPN and Simmons. He's there to run our line-out and he did his job expertly. To say he was poor in general play also is unfair. The man made plenty of tackles and had some good runs, including a linebreak that led to a try,.

- I'd keep the backrow the same for the second test. If he can win the next test, I'd then give Palu a rest. He needs to be managed.

My 23 for the 2nd test.

1. Slipper
2. TPN
3. Kepu
4. Simmo
5. Horwill
6. Fardy
7. Hooper
8. Palu
9. White
10. Foley
11. Cummins
12. To'omua
13. Kuridrani
14. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
15. Folau

16. Charles
17. Cowan
18. Weeks
19. Skelton
20. McCalman
21. Genia
22. Beale
23. McCabe

Basically I'd bring Genia in for Phipps. I'd probaby go with Horwill to replace Carter. Probably Skelton on the bench for the next game. I expect the French to up the physicality so I think Skelton to come off the bench. The perfect time to expose him to test rugby, at his home city with a short cameo. The fact that Fardy can play 6 means you have injury cover.

Status
Not open for further replies.