• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies v France 1st test - Suncorp 7 June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I emailed Channel Nine Gold Coast News yesterday morning and advised them that Camp Wallaby was at Sanctuary Cove, and that it was very 'ordinary' that they hadn't bothered to do a story in any of their sports segments this week!
I also said that I expected to see a Wallabies segment as their lead sports story last night (didn't happen), or tonight! I will report back later tonight with the result.

Channel 9 no longer have the Union @Mr Doug it is the domain of Channel 10 now. This would explain why Channel NRL 9 haven't been giving it any coverage whatsoever, they barely promoted it it when they had the rights so they're certainly not going to now.

Grab your email out of your sent items and flick a copy to Ch 10 as well! ;)

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Scoey, with respect, the Gold Coast is the 6th largest city in Australia, the second largest LGA (Local Govt. Area), in Australia, the tourism capital of Australia, and when a national sporting team is based here for a week, I would expect some interest from our city's only locally-based TV station!
NRL shouldn't come into the equation.
Channel Nine Gold Coast gives coverage to every one of the bloody 17,000 humpback whales passing through, and again some months later on their return, but the Wallabies, nothing!!
IMO, that's piss-weak.
They will get a blast from Mr Doug tomorrow!!

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
I reckon Kepu's performance tomorrow night is crucial. If he can hold up the scrum we should do well. If' he's off his game, we could be in a bit of trouble. Whatever potential Ryan has, he's not currently fulfilling it. He's got the size but his technique needs work. If Kepu goes down early i fear for our scrum.

On song Kepu is our best tighthead, if he plays well the wallabies should get plenty of ball, and plenty of points

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
It strikes me as a little odd that our captain has been overlooked for captaincy a number of times at both S15 and Test level. One of our VC's despite having played 80+ Tests has never really even been talked about as captain material and our other VC has barely even captained at S15 level.

I am OK with the selections (because I'm not sure who else I would pick) but I was just wondering what others thoughts were with regard to Moore and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) not being given similar roles in the past and why they think this might be?
Different leaders and leadership styles appeal to different types of coaches. These three are all players that would die for their team. With McKenzie getting rid of the rot (hopefully only temporary rot in JOC (James O'Connor)) you can see how it suits his philosophy.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
My view is that Link is picking a safe but short term option. Moore has the opportunity to captain into the World Cup but Link has told them the captaincy will be re-evaluated next year.

This will give him up to 20 minutes each game to evaluate Hooper who is more likely a longer term option, plus give the chance for the likes of Genia and Horwill to regain top form - he may then have 3-4 good options for captaincy.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
Game Day!

Headin up to Bris after lunch with my brother and best mate. Gonna park ourselves at a bar at Caxton St. Scotch in hand by 3pm. Kiwis v Eng then on to Suncorp. Got some front row seats. I imagine I'll be pretty "animated" by the time i get to the game. I'll be giving plenty to the Frogs. But they'r professional sportsmen, im sure they can handle it

stawberry.jpg

Caaaaarn Wobs!!!!

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
I must say I was surprised to hear Steve Moore on ABC radio this morning, saying: "we are not concerned about results or outcomes".
I've got news for you Captain Steve, "we are"!!

We can only hope he was thinking about past encounters involving Australia and France.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
I must say I was surprised to hear Steve Moore on ABC radio this morning, saying: "we are not concerned about results or outcomes".
I've got news for you Captain Steve, "we are"!!

We can only hope he was thinking about past encounters involving Australia and France.

Clearly the case I'd say, in other words we are putting the past behind us..

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
My view is that Link is picking a safe but short term option. Moore has the opportunity to captain into the World Cup but Link has told them the captaincy will be re-evaluated next year.

This will give him up to 20 minutes each game to evaluate Hooper who is more likely a longer term option, plus give the chance for the likes of Genia and Horwill to regain top form - he may then have 3-4 good options for captaincy.

Can't see Kev getting the (c) back. Probably won't get a lot of starting gigs from now until the RWC, and expect he will probably retire from internationals after the Cup. Will, on the other hand, will probably get his starting spot back at some stage and will then be in the mix. But I think long term the stand out options are Hooper and To'omua so long as they can retain their form to cement starting spots.

something

Jim Clark (26)
just saw les bleus in the cbd, could spot thierry from 50m away as he stands a head and shoulders above the others, it is a shame he is not playing tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.