• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies v France 1st test - Suncorp 7 June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
When Sam Carter was selected in the initial squad, I said to his Dad in a txt msg: "one giant step towards the 2015 RWC".

I'm sure we all hope that today's result will be "ditto" for Ewen James Andrew McKenzie and the 23 players!

Set piece magic

John Solomon (38)
It's a disgrace on everyone's part - the IRB, the ARU and the fans that this game hasn't sold out.

It's a disgrace that the IRB has had it's head in the sand for ten years and has allowed festering, penalty taking teams to succeed in rugby, and everyone should be ashamed of themselves. It's a disgrace that the northern hemisphere think it's still acceptable to grind in games.

It's disgusting that they celebrate while rugby walks the plank in Australia

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I reckon Kepu's performance tomorrow night is crucial. If he can hold up the scrum we should do well. If' he's off his game, we could be in a bit of trouble. Whatever potential Ryan has, he's not currently fulfilling it. He's got the size but his technique needs work. If Kepu goes down early i fear for our scrum.

On song Kepu is our best tighthead, if he plays well the wallabies should get plenty of ball, and plenty of points

Link and Blades should force him to watch that hit on Hibbard 100 times so he can realise what he's capable of.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
It's a disgrace on everyone's part - the IRB, the ARU and the fans that this game hasn't sold out.

It's a disgrace that the IRB has had it's head in the sand for ten years and has allowed festering, penalty taking teams to succeed in rugby, and everyone should be ashamed of themselves. It's a disgrace that the northern hemisphere think it's still acceptable to grind in games.

A few posters hitting the sauce early?

Tomikin

David Codey (61)

The thing that makes Rugby great is the different styles.. I think the Reds poor form the French being unknowns and the smaller advertising. Is for the none sell out.. Not the way the North play.. p.s losing most our games in oz last year doesnt help..

Sent from my HTC_0P6A1 using Tapatalk

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
A few posters hitting the sauce early?

The thing that makes Rugby great is the different styles.. I think the Reds poor form the French being unknowns and the smaller advertising. Is for the none sell out.. Not the way the North play.. p.s losing most our games in oz last year doesnt help..

Thinking you are right Slim!

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
I must say I was surprised to hear Steve Moore on ABC radio this morning, saying: "we are not concerned about results or outcomes".
I've got news for you Captain Steve, "we are"!!

We can only hope he was thinking about past encounters involving Australia and France.

This quote is straight out of the management textbook. The mantra is "Don't focus on the outcome! Focus on getting the processes right and the results will follow as night follows day."

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Oi I haven't started yet.. Have to fire up the BBQ first.

OK, I misinterpreted the previous message which appeared to be part written in swahili..

It's beer o'clock now though I feel :) . Settle in for the darkness v the soap dodgers curtain raiser..

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
This quote is straight out of the management textbook. The mantra is "Don't focus on the outcome! Focus on getting the processes right and the results will follow as night follows day."

That's exactly how I approach drinking rum on game day.
Not focusing on my head pounding in the morning. Because I'm doing everything right at the moment for that to happen.

Ok thats me for the night before I say something silly...

Enjoy GNGR. Its wallaby time.
Bar is to my left, no way wait to my right...... Oh Dear

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Well Caxton street is starting to hum. It's heartening to see so much gold around, with a lot of people sporting wallaby gear. Great to see. Despite the reports I'm hoping to see at least 35k. Can't see it being more with the crowd at the local venues ATM.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
That's exactly how I approach drinking rum on game day.
Not focusing on my head pounding in the morning. Because I'm doing everything right at the moment for that to happen.

Ok thats me for the night before I say something silly.

Enjoy GNGR. Its wallaby time.
Bar is to my left, no way wait to my right.. Oh Dear

Don't worry about the head pounding that's a problem for future Biggsy... Future Biggsy will probably hate current Biggsy :) But screw him.

Tomikin is settling in nicely with a few bourbons himself. Apologies to any French people in advance.. But for a country that got taken over by VW's with guns on them, if we stick it to them early they will run away. ;)

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Spent over half an hour on the phone tonight, with cousin Sammy's Grandparents (on his paternal side, which is my side of the family). Anxiety and pride are at a high, but we all know that Sam Carter can "do the job"!

Good team, good coach, good weather, good venue, and (hopefully), good result!!

To my fellow GAGR members, enjoy the start of the "rest of our Rugby lives"!!

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
From the 22. crowd filling in better than expected in my view and ground looking fabulous. Go Wallabies

Attachments

• 20140607_194343.jpg
    20140607_194343.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 202
Status
Not open for further replies.