• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies v All Blacks @ Suncorp - 18/10/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
So for the ABs, Ben Smith has been ruled out. One of Jane or Piutau will come on to the wing. I'd give Piutau a run.

Will Carter come back into the 23? Will Hansen persist with Fekitoa and Snakey? Wouldn't mind seeing Crotty get the nod at 2nd 5

Kaino has struggled generally, and penalty aside, Messam was huge as was Luatua against the Boks.

Retallick should be back for this one. Thrush looked like he had been hit for six, so we'll be waiting on his fitness.

Moody impressed with his first start, but he also took a head knock. Crockett may be back. Coles should come back into the starting lineup as well.

We could see quite a different starting lineup to the one that starting last weekend.

badabing59

Cyril Towers (30)
Not sure Hansen will make wholesale changes. I'd like to see:

15 Israel Dagg,
14 Charles Piutau
13 Conrad Smith
12 Malakai Fekitoa
11 Julian Savea
10 Aaron Cruden
9 Aaron Smith
8 Kieran Read
7 Richie McCaw (c)
6 Jerome Kaino
5 Sam Whitelock
4 Brodie Retallick
3 Owen Franks
2 Dane Coles
1 Wyatt Crockett
Joe Moody Reserves: Keven Mealamu, Ben Franks, Charlie Faumuina, Liam Messam, Steven Luatua, T J Perenara, Beaugan Barrett, Ryan Crotty.

Is it time for Bird and Tuipolutu to make an appearance pre EOYT though? Let's leave Carter at home to fix whatever he's fucked lately, send him away in November. Lets just quietly say nothing about Jane, and hope that Hansen forgets about him completely.

Parse

Bill Watson (15)
Most important thing is, do they have the laser's available for the Suncorp crowd?

Surely if an Australian crowd were to use laser's I bet the IRB would be up in arms with all sorts of rules and penalties coming in 5 minutes after the game. You can just imagine the NZ and rest of the world outrage at using laser's against the darkness.

Could work a treat and Argentina would get caught up in the new rules from then on.

badabing59

Cyril Towers (30)
Most important thing is, do they have the laser's available for the Suncorp crowd?

Surely if an Australian crowd were to use laser's I bet the IRB would be up in arms with all sorts of rules and penalties coming in 5 minutes after the game. You can just imagine the NZ and rest of the world outrage at using laser's against the darkness.

Could work a treat and Argentina would get caught up in the new rules from then on.

You do remember that Barrett was lasered in the Argie match don't you. Being lasered is not a Wallaby-centric happening, much as you want to play the victim.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
interesting place to be. you may meet some interesting characters there.
Reading books helps Tomikin speak English good....

But I'll be guttered if he doesn't play. I hear people say he has to earn it blah blah.. Rubbish his a better winger then any other we have. Plus Id heard his story that his family are allowed to come see him play. Suncorp V the All Blacks.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Reading books helps Tomikin speak English good..

But I'll be guttered if he doesn't play. I hear people say he has to earn it blah blah.. Rubbish his a better winger then any other we have. Plus Id heard his story that his family are allowed to come see him play. Suncorp V the All Blacks.

we are fairly desperate for some good wingers and second rowers. i'll be happy for any good players to get selected. i really hope Speight can and does play. i will be gutted if he doesn't.

PS. i detest the expression "gutted".

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Can this team beat the ABs? Without: Stephen Moore, TPN, David Pocock, Quade Cooper, Matt To'omua and Henry Speight?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Mmmmmmmmmm...

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)

We should be allowed to use them.
I reckon give one or two the players and you'd really get your money's worth.
Then we've got tomikin who wants some sort of drain built around Speight, who for unexplained reasons does not have to earn his spot.
I thought the madness on the site had been isolated to a couple of threads but it's spreading like some sort of uncontrolled cliche.
It's basically the same team that played so well against the Boks the week before (minus a few injury enforced changes). Selection isnt the biggest issues IMO and given the number of injuries, Link doesn't have many alternative options in any event.
That would be fine if we had an agreement to play a 70 minute test.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I thought the madness on the site had been isolated to a couple of threads but it's spreading like some sort of uncontrolled cliche.

Well at least if we pick players who haven't played for months they won't be tired. And they might not need to be "inspired" to play well either.;)

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Then we've got tomikin who wants some sort of drain built around Speight, who for unexplained reasons does not have to earn his spot.

Uh, you watched Super Rugby the past few years - right?

Speight has earned his spot as much as any winger that's played for the Wallabies.

Yeah he's been injured, but I can't even remember Speight having a distinct slump in form over the past few seasons. He's been a monster for the Brumbies for a long time and his international debut is long overdue.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Not sure Hansen will make wholesale changes. I'd like to see:

15 Israel Dagg,
14 Charles Piutau
13 Conrad Smith
12 Malakai Fekitoa
11 Julian Savea
10 Aaron Cruden
9 Aaron Smith
8 Kieran Read
7 Richie McCaw (c)
6 Jerome Kaino
5 Sam Whitelock
4 Brodie Retallick
3 Owen Franks
2 Dane Coles
1 Wyatt Crockett
Joe Moody Reserves: Keven Mealamu, Ben Franks, Charlie Faumuina, Liam Messam, Steven Luatua, T J Perenara, Beaugan Barrett, Ryan Crotty.

Is it time for Bird and Tuipolutu to make an appearance pre EOYT though? Let's leave Carter at home to fix whatever he's fucked lately, send him away in November. Lets just quietly say nothing about Jane, and hope that Hansen forgets about him completely.

Expect Bird & Tuipolutu to be the locks v USA & get bench time in UK. Carter in doubt for Canty v Taranaki so no way he'll be risked in Brizzy but should be good to go (as captain?) in Chicago. Jane deserves another crack but if it's sub-par then that's it for him, get Halai in there.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Uh, you watched Super Rugby the past few years - right?

Speight has earned his spot as much as any winger that's played for the Wallabies.

Yeah he's been injured, but I can't even remember Speight having a distinct slump in form over the past few seasons. He's been a monster for the Brumbies for a long time and his international debut is long overdue.

Yeah thanks - read tomikin's post before diving in: he doesn't say he has earned (past tense) it he says he doesn't have to.
Quite a difference.

lemoen

Ted Fahey (11)
Seriously, flying out Veldsman for a holiday? ANYONE else please. His English isn't good enough, there's always communication issues.

Hehe, I can understand him perfectly. I just dont think he is a good match official.
I remember a forward pass call he made against Quade Cooper in 2013 against the Cheetahs in Bloem, his call may have been correct, but at that time I just wanted to beat his ass.

Parse

Bill Watson (15)
You do remember that Barrett was lasered in the Argie match don't you. Being lasered is not a Wallaby-centric happening, much as you want to play the victim.

And also Cruden last year...

That is not the point, Argentina is getting away with it because they are the perceived weakest of the Rugby Championship and the new-boys on the block so to speak.
That's the whole point, if Australian crowds were to do the same and the All Blacks were perceived to lose because of it, there would be instant action taken.

badabing59

Cyril Towers (30)
And also Cruden last year.

That is not the point, Argentina is getting away with it because they are the perceived weakest of the Rugby Championship and the new-boys on the block so to speak.
That's the whole point, if Australian crowds were to do the same and the All Blacks were perceived to lose because of it, there would be instant action taken.

I can sort of see where you are coming from, but does OZ rugby really need that sort of publicity? Beaten in the last two games, the ongoing Beale bollocks, and then you advocate lasers. The other codes must be lapping it up.
You may find the use of lasers it backfires and Wallabies play their next game in an empty stadium.
The solution needs to come from the Argie union, and yes if that means an empty stadium as a final resort. then so be it.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I remember back to 2012. Same predicament as this and every other year; All Blacks ready to slaughter and the glorious Bledisloe Cup not present on Australian soil.

Anyway, the All Blacks were $1.10 and the Wallabies $5.50 to win. So, one night leading up to the test, I was 'inebriated' to put it politely and put $100 on the Wallabies to win and $10 on the draw being offered at $15.
I completely forgot that I made these bets, because I'm not a punter. So I woke up on Sunday morning to stale wheaties and disappointment that we didn't win. Only to discover that I made $50. ( we drew 12-12)

Moral of the story, think less and drink more and secondly the Wallabies can put in a decent performance once in a while, when least expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.