• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies: Latest Injuries and selection for Test 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
It shows that these two just don't get it. They haven't broken any rules, but the thought that professional athletes should need rules is the problem. They should want to be in bed by midnight. O'Connor should have nothing on his mind other than the upcoming test. If he needs to blow off a little bit of steam he should go out to dinner with mates, or play some XBox, or go see a movie. Hell, there's no problem with him going to the footy and then the after match function; but they should both have gone straight home afterwards.

Well said. This is why I am troubled by the ARU CEO's odd recent comments on KB (Kurtley Beale) and DI, making light of their 'incidents', or giving that impression. In my experience when special leniencies are granted or senior management exudes the wrong vibes of tolerance, the risk is that latitude is assumed and team discipline weakens.

You would hope that KB (Kurtley Beale) and JO'C, with their histories, would recognise this as a crucial weak for the Wallabies to be seen in the best possible light by the public and as importantly play their role in delivering both the highest of team standards and the personal discipline of keeping 100% fresh for the key Test ahead.

On a remarkably amusing note, the 'defence' of KB (Kurtley Beale)'s 4am HJ visit in terms of ' 'being out supporting his (Rebels) team' is hugely ironic given his appalling conduct early this year wrt this team (when it really mattered on tour) and its reputation, coupled thereafter with endless leaks that he's agreed to go to the Tahs in 2014. One would think that the Rebels would have had quite enough of KB (Kurtley Beale)'s 'support' prior to Wednesday morning.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
There's a lot of huffing and puffing on here about JOC (James O'Connor) and Beale, by people who seem to have their outrage sensors set continuously to full. People should think back to before they were 60 themselves. The real problem is that it highlights Kurtley's addiction to food.

Not the way I see it. Along with most (maybe all) posters on this site, I never played for the Wallabies, nor for that matter for any representative side at any level. I only had myself, and a few close friends and family, to answer to for my late nights out on the piss, or otherwise. If JOC (James O'Connor) and KB (Kurtley Beale) don't recognise they have certain responsibilities to themselves, their team mates and the rugby-loving public in the middle of a test match series, they are showing themselves to be immature, selfish little pricks. They have plenty of opportunities to hit the tiles out of the test and S15 match calendar.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
It's funny, if you have a look at 'The Lions Tour' thread on this site, the Lions supporters are as scathing of some of their own selections as we are of ours!

gold heart

Ted Fahey (11)
Hungry Jacks is the winner out of this whole thing - great free advertising - not sure if they have it in the UK though, probably known as Burger King there. If this happened the night before the test or before training for that matter - fair enough get mad at them.....given that alcohol was not at the scene of the crime then who gives a rats ass. Now hand me a whopper and fries please.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
What a bunch of wowsers! 2 sober guys in a fast food outlet on their day off 4 days before the test and 12 hours before they have to be at work. It's pretty clear to me who needs to grow up.

yeah, they weren't doing jello shots off dwarf pole dancers in the early morning, they were having a shitty burger while sober (that is probably the biggest concern in the whole thing, I didn't realise sober "adults" ate that shit)

Zander

Ron Walden (29)
If they didn't miss the next day's training session what the fuck is the actual problem. Who says they wouldn't have been up to 4am in their apartments/hotels playing Fifa anyway?

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
yeah, they weren't doing jello shots off dwarf pole dancers in the early morning, they were having a shitty burger while sober (that is probably the biggest concern in the hole thing, I didn't realise sober "adults" ate that shit)

Young guys in their early 20s with high metabolisms and energy to burn eat that stuff. I know I did and I've never drank before :)

gold heart

Ted Fahey (11)
unbelievable, ARU has just issued the following statement

"Qantas has pulled its sponsership of the Wallabies with immediate affect. They were none too happy with Beale's hard landing in the 79th minute last Saturday at Suncorp Stadium, and do not think that this image of Mr. Beale landing on his fuselage is in step with the saftey standards of this iconic Australian company."

More news from the ARU ""We are thrilled and excited to introduce our new sponsor. Our team will now be known as "The Hungry Jack Wallabies", and will proudly wear a hamburger on the front of the famous Australian gurnsey"

The ARU continues ""In consideration of our new sponsor of the "Hungry Jack Wallabies" we gave full support and our permission for Mr. Beale and Mr. JOC (James O'Connor), to attend the private launch of our sponsors new burger which was scheduled last Wednesday morning at 3.50am.""

More to follow...

Dai bando

Charlie Fox (21)
I wouldn't worry about beale too much, I hear the aus cricket team have offered him a position in the team as he is one of the best at the slip.
Sorry there are dozens of them doing the rounds up here this was about the tamest, I wont send any more:oops:

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
There's a lot of huffing and puffing on here about JOC (James O'Connor) and Beale, by people who seem to have their outrage sensors set continuously to full. People should think back to before they were 60 themselves. The real problem is that it highlights Kurtley's addiction to food.

First of all this could of been worse without doubt but putting the answer to the question you asked in the context of when I was at that age. I most certainly had the common sense not to do it. I certainly had the self control to alter my habits for the sake of myself and others when people had high expectations of me.

Zander

Ron Walden (29)
Seriously, they're probably up at 4am playing Fifa all the time. I remember Quade sending tweets of regularly in the middle of the night during week days. No one seemed to mind then.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Not sure which thread this belongs in but here seems correct. IRB board has appealed the ruling on Horwill. He'll play pending the outcome, charges to be heard on Saturday.

Fuck.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
As a 22 year old if I have nothing on the next day I'll often stay up extremely late fucking around with my mates (even when we're not on the piss). Later than those two were out, that's for sure.

The reality is the only harm they were doing to their bodies was with fast food. The next day was a rest day and they could have easily slept the day way.

The major issue is not that they broke a rule or even did anything morally wrong, it's something you mightn't be aware of. Basically, the sports science guys at the Wallabies (not sure what the roles are called) are very obsessed with "sleep" to the point that most Wobs are encouraged to take midday naps. With this emphasis being touted daily, wtf were they doing?

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Why is everyone 100% critical of JOC (James O'Connor)? I saw him throw several good, flat passes that hit the mark on the gain lone.

He wasn't involved enough, true, but that will change.

-----------------------
I hate autocorrect ...

Status
Not open for further replies.