• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies: Latest Injuries and selection for Test 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jollyswagman

Ron Walden (29)
As a 22 year old if I have nothing on the next day I'll often stay up extremely late fucking around with my mates (even when we're not on the piss). Later than those two were out, that's for sure.

There in lies the problem I think. The sooner these two clowns realize that as high profile professional athletes that are paid hundreds of thousands of dollars a year PERFORM rather than act like "22 year olds with nothing better to do the next day" then the better off they will be - not to mention the performance of the national team.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Why is everyone 100% critical of JOC (James O'Connor)? I saw him throw several good, flat passes that hit the mark on the gain lone.

He wasn't involved enough, true, but that will change.

-----------------------
I hate autocorrect .

If/when it changes I'm sure Aus fans will not be as critical of him. For now they can only judge (despite what Digby says) him on his performance in the first test. Some of the criticism is over the top but most is pretty appropriate imho.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
There in lies the problem I think. The sooner these two clowns realize that as high profile professional athletes that are paid hundreds of thousands of dollars a year PERFORM rather than act like "22 year olds with nothing better to do the next day" then the better off they will be - not to mention the performance of the national team.

But they did have nothing better to do the next day. It was an off day.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
Not the way I see it. Along with most (maybe all) posters on this site, I never played for the Wallabies, nor for that matter for any representative side at any level. I only had myself, and a few close friends and family, to answer to for my late nights out on the piss, or otherwise. If JOC (James O'Connor) and KB (Kurtley Beale) don't recognise they have certain responsibilities to themselves, their team mates and the rugby-loving public in the middle of a test match series, they are showing themselves to be immature, selfish little pricks. They have plenty of opportunities to hit the tiles out of the test and S15 match calendar.

Immature, selfish little pricks? That's pretty abusive stuff. You need to show some respect.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
Delighted to see that my mate R Deans agrees with those of us above who have expressed a concern or two re KB (Kurtley Beale)'s and JO'C's early morning burger:

http://www.news.com.au/sport/rugby-...wing-after-party/story-fndptke0-1226670362750

He's right though.

I'm not sure what you're delighted about, RedsHappy . He didn't abuse them or call for them to be dropped. He said it wasn't best practice but wouldn't affect their performance. I think we can all agree with that.

jollyswagman

Ron Walden (29)
With all due respect Groucho, when was the last time RD demonstrated that he had half-a-clue as to how to get the "best performance" out of this current crop?

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I think people would be a lot more forgiveable if their performance on the field was anywhere near the heights of their reputation and celebrity status.........

So even though this is a pretty non-event, I think it's understandable that this kind of image, featuring the usual suspects, leaves some people feeling a bit sour.........

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
I think the two sides of this argument basically comes down to wether you think that they can recover their sleeping patterns before the game without any ill effects.

I think they probably can, but it would have been nice to see them do the extra 1%.

Zander

Ron Walden (29)
The game is at 8pm. I'd argue you want to be waking up some time between 11am and 12pm on game day for peak performance.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The game is at 8pm. I'd argue you want to be waking up some time between 11am and 12pm on game day for peak performance.

I think this is quite a valid point.

When you're playing in the evening, you don't want your body clock tuned to be waking up at 7am and wanting to go to bed at 10pm.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Yeah they did....they should have been up early shopping for some new frickin big-boy rugby boots and then trotted themselves down the park for some kicking practice!

No, they obviously wouldn't do kicking practise because that defeats the purpose of a rest day.

Professional teams talk a lot about collective minutes training and their aim is to keep them as low as possible while still getting through the stuff they need to.

An off day is an off day, not time to do your extras.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I think that is half the point of the "anti" argument - that just wouldn't happen with those guys.

And that is true.......

I don't buy into the whole age excuse, as we have other players of a similar age who are also stars of the game that have certainly displayed much more maturity in the public arena..........

But even if it did happen with those guys there wouldn't be this kind of discussion because there is that trust they've earned amongst the fanbase that JOC (James O'Connor) and Beale don't have, and it would just be written off as two guys at a burger joint..........

It also helps if you're performing well on the field, which neither JOC (James O'Connor) or Beale have done for a while, so there is that perception, particularly in light of all the other off field crap, that these guys are not giving their all......... and with seen to be a protected species due to their profile any little thing like this will ultimately rub a lot of people the wrong way..........

Personally, I don't think there's anything in this, and in no way surprised about who was involved........

I'm probably a little cynical about the idea that they were out that late in the CBD not drinking, but unless there's some evidence to suggest they were who cares?

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
He will
Another unwanted distraction before the second test. IRB are appealing the not guilty verdict for James Horwill. Pricks.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/i...ing/story-fn5k35fo-1226671065638#.Ucw2ePkyYvk
He will almost certainly be gone for the third test. That is just bullshit.
We all know the judicial process is a mess but why do they choose now to appeal a decision when there have been so many bad/non decisions over the past couple of years.
The IRB, being Britain based, are determined for the Lions to finally win a series in this century.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Joe Blow

Isn't a large chunk of the IRB Disciplinary board composed of Kiwis?

A Canadian will be hearing the appeal as well. Not sure if we should go into tinfoil hat territory on this one, even though it is a bit odd.

The issue for me here would be what seems to be a total lack of 'legal' precedent. Has the IRB ever done this before?

Status
Not open for further replies.