• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies: Latest Injuries and selection for Test 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmydubs

Dave Cowper (27)
I'm guessing it shouldn't but this headline also makes me cringe, don't know why but starting to like the original Vanilla Ice more than this one.

Wallabies five-eighth James O'Connor seeks advice from Hawthorn AFL star Lance 'Buddy' Franklin ahead of second Test

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Surely there would have been a morning training?
Apparently a rest day today.

I've got a horrible feeling we're going to get smashed on the weekend. We've been distracted by Horwill's citing, Digby's warrant for arrest and these guys late burger run this week whilst the Lions have just been laying low.

P

Paradox

The idea was OK, he dropped one earlier, but the execution was shit.

To me kicks have to be contestable or out

That kick was too long to be contestable and not long enough to go out, so shit.

Folau was rather lax getting to the ball. He was awesome otherwise but needs to chase harder. He could have made that a better kick.

lewisr

Bill McLean (32)
Unfortunately all the Rugby games are terrible.

How did management allow these two out so late? Surely there would have been a morning training?

Absolutely pathetic by the two idiots and the wallaby camp.

I whole heartedly disagree with your first comment. Rugby 08 is god of all sporting games!!!

Seems to be an issue with the Wobs management at this stage. Ioane and now these two?

KOB1987

John Eales (66)

How did management allow these two out so late? Surely there would have been a morning training?

What a beat up. They had the night off, the next day was a rest day, and they get hammered for going out with their team mates and no doubt some Lions players - responsibly!

It's far healthier to let the players live a bit than make them live under a curfew. No doubt they slept in a bit yesterday morning and/or got an early night last night. And if they are still tired I am sure they will be over it by 7pm Saturday!

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member

They had no requirements until 4.00pm (it was a rest day, so no morning training), they were out with the rest of their Rebels squad after the Lions match and weren't drinking (so despite the lateness I see this as a sort of "win" for Beale - he could be "in harms way" and controlled himself)

Whilst it would have been better for these two to be back in their monastic cells by 10.30 so their jailers could lock them in, I don't see it as a hanging offence.

The only change in this stuff is the amount camera phones in the wild ie players normal lives are being documented

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
They had no requirements until 4.00pm (it was a rest day, so no morning training), they were out with the rest of their Rebels squad after the Lions match and weren't drinking (so despite the lateness I see this as a sort of "win" for Beale - he could be "in harms way" and controlled himself)

So how does staying out so late help their recovery? How does it help them prepare for the upcoming game on Saturday. I would think that keeping with your normal sleeping hours would be beneficial in healing of ones hamstrings. No matter if you were drinking or not, going to bed so late you'll wake up feeling less than 100%.

Honestly, this whole camp is three weeks. Is it really that hard be in bed before midnight for three weeks?

Hypothetically speaking, what if James missed the RWC launch party because he was out till 4AM the night/morning before? Would that change your opinion.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
I whole heartedly disagree with your first comment. Rugby 08 is god of all sporting games!!!

Seems to be an issue with the Wobs management at this stage. Ioane and now these two?

I thought Ioane was charged for an incident that occurred the night after playing for the Reds?
I thought Ioane's excuse for being a no show is that he gave the paperwork to a Red's official who did nothing with it?

What did these two actually do? Apart from having a photo taken with a Pom?
Should they be suspended for ordering a burger? or is it the fries that makes it unacceptable?

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
.....What did these two actually do? Apart from having a photo taken with a Pom?
Should they be suspended for ordering a burger? or is it the fries that makes it unacceptable?

Well it certainly isn't the most healthy life style you can experience.
I would have thought playing a 'life or death' rugby test just four days away would have their attention totally focused.
It's not the hamburger thing that's the worry - it's these two players not demonstrating their total support for their team.
How many quality rugby players out there would give their all to be in that Wallabies team and who would definitely not be out until 4AM+ swanning about - just how serious are these two about playing for their country!

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I'm guessing it shouldn't but this headline also makes me cringe, don't know why but starting to like the original Vanilla Ice more than this one.

Wallabies five-eighth James O'Connor seeks advice from Hawthorn AFL star Lance 'Buddy' Franklin ahead of second Test

I see it as a nice way to get engagement with a Victorian crowd more interested in AFL than some rugby match. As was the piece linking Tomane back to Storm coach Bellamy

I expect Folau to be in the papers all week, next week because of his NRL links and that cross over in Sydney

markjohnconley

Frank Row (1)
A quick glance at the 3:2:1 thread would suggest you are virtually on your own.
A player running around in a large white hat on his head, yep people would notice him more, can't help it; did he do anything in offence; i must have sneezed and missed it

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Except for throw a better pass than our 10 did all night to set up Folau's second try?

I've been canning this one for qwerty but are you smoking crack?

Cassius88

Sydney Middleton (9)
What did these two actually do? Apart from having a photo taken with a Pom?
It shows that these two just don't get it. They haven't broken any rules, but the thought that professional athletes should need rules is the problem. They should want to be in bed by midnight. O'Connor should have nothing on his mind other than the upcoming test. If he needs to blow off a little bit of steam he should go out to dinner with mates, or play some XBox, or go see a movie. Hell, there's no problem with him going to the footy and then the after match function; but they should both have gone straight home afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.