• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies: Latest Injuries and selection for Test 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

markjohnconley

Frank Row (1)
How so? I for one thought that he played very well. He played a tight, physical game and had a high involvement. What did you expect him to do?...His performance highlighted to me that he is a very worthy test 6..
Just watched it again, fast forwarding; he did more than I originally thought; i'd suggest with his all white helmet he was noticed more. My father played for Parramatta and StGeorge, league, in the early 50's and he told me that when being graded a good idea is to wear some bright clothing, that your noticed more; but back to Mowen, always been a fan, for his first test fair enough, mark

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Barnes is good at a few things. Taking high balls, defense, closing out games. But he needs firm instruction to stay away from his instinct to kick. When he does attack the line, it's often productive, but he takes that option far too infrequently. He's been incredibly frustrating to watch as a Tahs fan because you can see the talent and nous, but have to watch him boot the ball aimlessly too often.

Having said all that, I thought Saturday was his worst game in gold for a long time. He was very good last year and played the game exactly the right way in a team devastated by injuries.

While the kick to North was terrible, a lot of people missed tackles before Big George made the line. So it's not entirely Barnes' fault. Just substantially.

The lot of people were mainly McCabe and JOC (James O'Connor), two guys supposedly picked for their defence. It was embarassing the amount of space they gave North between them, and North was plainly never going to do anything but run at them as he had no other real option. The chase from JOC (James O'Connor) was particularly lazy, he was never interested in even trying to tackle North at all.

lewisr

Bill McLean (32)
Barnes is good at a few things. Taking high balls, defense, closing out games.

Richo, I used to agree with the defence part. In my eyes, he was the best, yes best, tackler in the world and I never remember seeing him miss them in his earlier years. Unfortunately after the head knocks he seemed to lose a bit of confidence (which is understandable) and although his technique is still textbook, he falls off them quite often these days. The interesting thing is that I don't thing he was used enough by deans in his early years (or even as recent as the 2011 WC where it was blatantly obvious him and QC (Quade Cooper) should've combined as 10/12).

Instead, he was missed at his prime and is now considered a 'seasoned veteran' that gets the nod ahead of other form players who probably should be in the starting side. I believe he is best on the bench as a closing 12, 10 or 15.

It's sad to see that he keeps getting the head knocks because it will seriously affect him alter in life and I'd say he's one of the best blokes you'll ever meet. I hope the ARU put his health ahead of the tests because we have better options and its not worth sacrificing Barnesys well being.

D

daz

Mitch Inman broke his thumb tonight. Obviously not a Wallaby issue except in my head. :D

However, Hugh Pyle was limping badly and he seems to have done some ankle damage. Depending on injuries within our lock stocks, I thought he might have been a shout for the third test.

Both came off at halftime.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Richo, I used to agree with the defence part. In my eyes, he was the best, yes best, tackler in the world and I never remember seeing him miss them in his earlier years. Unfortunately after the head knocks he seemed to lose a bit of confidence (which is understandable) and although his technique is still textbook, he falls off them quite often these days. The interesting thing is that I don't thing he was used enough by deans in his early years (or even as recent as the 2011 WC where it was blatantly obvious him and QC (Quade Cooper) should've combined as 10/12).

Instead, he was missed at his prime and is now considered a 'seasoned veteran' that gets the nod ahead of other form players who probably should be in the starting side. I believe he is best on the bench as a closing 12, 10 or 15.

It's sad to see that he keeps getting the head knocks because it will seriously affect him alter in life and I'd say he's one of the best blokes you'll ever meet. I hope the ARU put his health ahead of the tests because we have better options and its not worth sacrificing Barnesys well being.

Great post and I agree. He's still a good defender but not that super reliable guy he was a few years ago -- you're certainly right about his certainty at the hit.

I'd have him off the bench too.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)

That miss on Sat'dy, leaving aside the woeful kick that led to it, was just a sheer pace differential with too much room on the outside for North to use.
How much has he actually played since last year's troubles? How many times has he started since then? i think those are the real issues.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Reports that JOC (James O'Connor) and KB (Kurtley Beale) were photographed at a Melbourne Hungry Jack's restaurant at 4am this morning are floating on twitter. Apparently Wallabies management knew of it and claims they weren't drinking.

Not that it was ever really in doubt, but are these two as f*cking thick as they seem?

Sparky

Frank Nicholson (4)
Reports that JOC (James O'Connor) and KB (Kurtley Beale) were photographed at a Melbourne Hungry Jack's restaurant at 4am this morning are floating on twitter. Apparently Wallabies management knew of it and claims they weren't drinking.

Not that it was ever really in doubt, but are these two as f*cking thick as they seem?

That'll do me, bloody idiots.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)

You cant eat Hungry Jack's at 4 in the morning without being slaughtered: its a scientific fact.
Same with kebabs.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)

h1A9734F4

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
Barnes and McCabe to retire, their long-term health is paramount. Hopefully Robinson's hand? is alright. Moore, not as much defence as Youngs but better on the ball, Douglas excellent game, Palu underdone, Mowen outclassed, Genia brilliant, JOC (James O'Connor) no comment, Lilo hopefully returns, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) a big loss, Ioane underdone; Deans, nice bloke, but I'm now convinced there must be a better alternative, selections and decisions?

Mowen outclassed?

Status
Not open for further replies.