• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies 40 man squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
id expect the cull will include:

4. Harris/Horne

Not sure I quite agree with this. Australia seems to have a curse at the moment with Fly Halves and there's talk that Beale might not be fit enough to play. So that leaves us with Quade who only has 120 minutes under his belt and Barnes. While I don't think Harris is the best attacking Fly Half, he's more of a traditional 10, kicks and doesn't over play his hand.

Horne seems to be finding some form so I don't think he can be cast to the side just as easily as that.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Sharpe has been immense this season, getting better with age, apparently. I was not much of an admirer of his play until the last couple of seasons.

I wish he would stay on for another year for the sake of the Force.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
With Horwill out, I'd have thought that Sharpe is the only lock guaranteed to be in our 3 locks in our best 22.

I guess there is a strong chance he will start against Scotland and then be on the bench against Wales.

twenty seven

Tom Lawton (22)
Huge rise for Cadeyrn Neville. Picked up on an EPS contract as a former rower. Gets a start due to injuries/suspension, takes it with both hands and now finds himself in the Wallabies training squad.

Sorry but that defeats me. Plenty of lads out there who know the game and have played it for many years, know the game and the position and he gets through? Have watched him play and I really don't believe he knows the game well enough to be in the Wallaby squad net alone the Super rugby. Yeah he does some good things but he has made a lot of mistakes out there to.
DEANS gives away the Gold before it is deserved on too many occassions. As you may have noticed, I am not a Deans fan and I wish they would put him on a slow boat back to the land of the long white cloud.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
DEANS gives away the Gold before it is deserved on too many occassions. As you may have noticed, I am not a Deans fan and I wish they would put him on a slow boat back to the land of the long white cloud.

None of the uncapped players have been given anything yet.

Making a Wallaby 40 man squad doesn't make you a Wallaby.

Dave Dennis played for the Wallabies against the Barbarians last year and he isn't a Wallaby yet.

A fair few of the selections in the squad must be seen as being for development reasons (i.e. Neville and Mogg).

Who has been capped for the Wallabies since Deans took over that really shouldn't have been?

twenty seven

Tom Lawton (22)
I'm not talking about just the here and now. I am not a fan of Deans and I am not big on his selection criteria - that I am taking from what happened last year in the WC and the lead up games befroe that. Why do we have a coach that is not an Australian. Sorry but I think it's shit and will always think that.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
There are also three selectors.

I am sure Deans has some sway in getting the other two selectors to agree with him, but surely if they're not standing up for their own opinions, they're not doing their job.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I think Ben Lucas has been harshly done by in not being selected. I guess his injury must have ruled him out.

Also I really hope Pocock isn't made captain. He needs to be free to push the boundaries and when I have watched the Force play this year, admittedly not that much, he comes across as a bit of a windger. I'd like to see Robinson given the c next to his name.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Does anyone else want to see McCabe play 13? Without Tapuai fit we don't really have anyone standing out in that position, and last years WC showed we can't play 12.McCabe 13.Fainga'a

Then by the time the Four Nations comes around O'Connor at 12 and McCabe outside him. He has all the attributes to become a Mortlock-esque type outside center.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Does anyone else want to see McCabe play 13? Without Tapuai fit we don't really have anyone standing out in that position, and last years WC showed we can't play 12.McCabe 13.Fainga'a

Then by the time the Four Nations comes around O'Connor at 12 and McCabe outside him. He has all the attributes to become a Mortlock-esque type outside center.
i have the same thought I would love to see this happen only issue pushing him wider is the shuffle in defense with QC (Quade Cooper) no doubt moving to full back that's why I think he is at 12 but think he would make an awesome 13 anyone have larkems phone number get him to but a 13 on his back this weekend and no doubt deans will do the same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
None of the uncapped players have been given anything yet.

Making a Wallaby 40 man squad doesn't make you a Wallaby.

Dave Dennis played for the Wallabies against the Barbarians last year and he isn't a Wallaby yet.

A fair few of the selections in the squad must be seen as being for development reasons (i.e. Neville and Mogg).

Who has been capped for the Wallabies since Deans took over that really shouldn't have been?

yep the process seems to be that the fringe generally gets a training camp and at best, a few minutes in the first test. If they stay healthy they then get a chance in November on the tour.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I will be highly surprised if a whole raft of the uncapped players are capped during the upcoming four tests.

I think that Pyle and Dennis are the only near certainties and that Harris, Shipperly and Foley have an outside chance.

I'll be very surprised if Vuna, Mogg, Morahan, Tomane, and Neville are capped.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I will be highly surprised if a whole raft of the uncapped players are capped during the upcoming four tests.

I think that Pyle and Dennis are the only near certainties and that Harris, Shipperly and Foley have an outside chance.

I'll be very surprised if Vuna, Mogg, Morahan, Tomane, and Neville are capped.

I don't know about that...

Our backline has now lost Lealiifano, Beale, Mitchell, Turner, and Cooper is not up to scratch yet...

There's going to be some reshuffling and one of these guys, maybe Tomane (or Mogg from the bench?), are going to get a shot early on...

Especially with the first two tests so close together...

Also, I'd have Nic White in that list of near certainties... unless Deans has a mini stroke and selects Phipps... which would be pretty Deans-like...

Status
Not open for further replies.