• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies 31 Man Squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

lewisr

Bill McLean (32)
That ad is gold. Best thing I've seen from rugby marketing in a long time in this country.

Is that Sean Mahoney in the koala suit?

Hopefully we see it on the telly. No clue but I love the way his koala ears move hehe. CGId by the looks of it. Could be sharpey considering how tall the suit is

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Jesus christ, Dave Dennis is legitimately being considered as the back up 2nd row against the fucking Lions?!

If he's not and we want Gill on the bench we'd have to go with a 6:2 bench. Not ideal.

I'd prefer MMM but he needs to get fit first. Deans could very well prefer him too.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
Dennis wouldn't even be in my squad, let alone 22.

We have Horwill, Timani, Douglas and Simmons for the 2nd row, Mowen, Higginbotham and McMeniman for blindside/8 cover, and the young flankers capable of filling in late in a game.

And before anyone comes up with "but he's the incumbent!", that doesn't mean shit this year. Nick Phipps is the incumbent scrumhalf for god sake. Half the incumbents only have caps because of the ridiculous injury list last year.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
What's your bench then? He's the lock/backrower on the bench allowing us an openside on the bench. He's the best fitted for that role (excluding MMM).

Scotty

David Codey (61)
If he's not and we want Gill on the bench we'd have to go with a 6:2 bench. Not ideal.

I'd prefer MMM but he needs to get fit first. Deans could very well prefer him too.

We could go with a 6:2 if we didn't start with so many non-match fit and highly breakable backs!

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
What's your bench then? He's the lock/backrower on the bench allowing us an openside on the bench. He's the best fitted for that role (excluding MMM).

If Timani is there then you have lock and no8 cover. Higgers covering 6 and 8 also. Hooper and Gill fit also.

4. Horwill
5. Timani
6. Mowen
7. Hooper
8. Higgers

19. Simmons/3M
20. Gill

Sorted

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
On Palu, the thing I like about him other than his stellar workrate is that he can be counted on to make ground and is very very handy with offloads.

BDA

Jim Lenehan (48)
i have a horrible feeling Deans went with Dennis at MMM's expense

also I think we must pick a 6:2 bench. Our backline players are generally pretty versatile so we could get away with a halfback and 1 more. I reckon Michael Hooper could play centre at a stretch!

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)

1. Robinson
2. Moore
3. Palmer

4. Horwill
5. Douglas
6. Mowen
7. Hooper
8. Palu

Fainga'a
Alexander
Slipper
Timani/McMeniman
Higgers
Gill

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Well that's all if Robbie wants a 6:2. I don't think it's worth the risk of only 1 backline replacement. The other being a halfback.

It's clear Dennis is the lock/6 for the squad that allows an openside on the bench - MMM is not available, I wouldn't be getting all concerned he's been selected ahead of MMM.

Pfitzy

Nathan Sharpe (72)
How about Dingo reflects on his performance.
The public has and it is rather unamonous.

There is a saying in business: you only hear back from 5% of your customers I.e. the ones making complaints. There actually your most valuable customers because they point out what you're doing wrong, and therefore where you could improve. The others just fuck off to another retailer.

This is not true with team selection, because the product is results on the park. Therefore all the carry on to date is just fucking white noise until the series is over.

Then Robbie can reflect on his performance. And, the number of winds being 2 or 3, he will receive unanimous acclaim.

Pfitzy

Nathan Sharpe (72)
It's a stupid ad.

Nah its got everything - ex player with a head like a busted sausage, giant fucking plushie freak, a bit of violence, and most importantly, no-one from the Fox Rugby team says a word.

Reactions: BPC

BDA

Jim Lenehan (48)
Well that's all if Robbie wants a 6:2. I don't think it's worth the risk of only 1 backline replacement. The other being a halfback.

It's clear Dennis is the lock/6 for the squad that allows an openside on the bench - MMM is not available, I wouldn't be getting all concerned he's been selected ahead of MMM.

This is Robbie "Dingo" Deans we're talking about. Im very concerned.

Also I think we need as many fresh legs and as much variety in the forward pack as possible. We must carry two sevens because it is a point of difference for us and an actual lock on the bench. If you have guys like Beale, JOC (James O'Connor), McCabe, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), Barnes scattered through your backline you have several options in terms of injury replacement. I think the percentage chance of getting more than 1 injury in the backs would be so low that its not worth planning for it. Even if the unthinkable happens and you lose 2 backs, we'd find a way to cover it. Gill or Hooper could play centre. Genia could even play Fullback if absolutely necessary

Pfitzy

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Gill or Hooper could play centre. Genia could even play Fullback if absolutely necessary

I just snorted chocolate milk out my nose and I'm not even drinking any...

At the very worst, Higgers to the wing and shift in one. Flankers playing centre? Egad....

Status
Not open for further replies.