• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies 2024

upthereds#!

Peter Johnson (47)
With 64 players being called (2 squads of 32 probably) but more like 36 and 28 sorta thing - I expect (and hope) they use it as a chance to get NH based aussies involved to at least touch base with them.

However I will act as if its purely Aus based

Hk: BPA, Porecki, Faessler, Nasser, Lonergan, Pollard
Pr: Slipper, Bell, Kailea, Thor, Ala'alatoa, Nonggoor Robertson, Hodgman, Gibbon, HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes), Amone
Lk: Frost, LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto), Williams, Blyth, Canham, Swain, Amatosero, Neville
Br: Mcreight, Wright, Wilson, Leota, Valetini, Tizzano, Gleeson, Cale, Uru, Hooper
Hb: Gordon, White, Mcdermott, Lonergan, Fines
FH: Edmed, Donaldson, Lolesio, Lynagh, Debrazcini, Stewart
C: Paisami, Feliuali, Ikitau, Sua'ali'i, Foketi, Flook, Sapsford, Walton
OB; Daugunu, Kellaway, Jorgensen, Wright, Pietsch, Toole, Lancaster, Potter, Campbell, Vunivalu

Wilson

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
With 64 players being called (2 squads of 32 probably) but more like 36 and 28 sorta thing - I expect (and hope) they use it as a chance to get NH based aussies involved to at least touch base with them.

However I will act as if its purely Aus based

Hk: BPA, Porecki, Faessler, Nasser, Lonergan, Pollard
Pr: Slipper, Bell, Kailea, Thor, Ala'alatoa, Nonggoor Robertson, Hodgman, Gibbon, HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) (Harry Johnson-Holmes), Amone
Lk: Frost, LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto), Williams, Blyth, Canham, Swain, Amatosero, Neville
Br: Mcreight, Wright, Wilson, Leota, Valetini, Tizzano, Gleeson, Cale, Uru, Hooper
Hb: Gordon, White, Mcdermott, Lonergan, Fines
FH: Edmed, Donaldson, Lolesio, Lynagh, Debrazcini, Stewart
C: Paisami, Feliuali, Ikitau, Sua'ali'i, Foketi, Flook, Sapsford, Walton
OB; Daugunu, Kellaway, Jorgensen, Wright, Pietsch, Toole, Lancaster, Potter, Campbell, Vunivalu
If Porecki is fit (and it seems like a pretty big if at this stage) I doubt he'll start in the top squad. He'll be in dire need of game time and the Australia A games will be a much better place for that. Might push his way up by the end of the tour, but I think they're just as likely to leave him at home to get his body right at this stage.

Also think Sua'ali'i will start in the Aus a squad and as an outside back. Even without that there are probably a few guys ahead of Vunivalu - Ryan, Reilly, Anderson and Grealy would all probably get the gig before him at this stage.

Wilson

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Oh and I'd be looking at leaving Slipper at home. I think he still has more to offer but he looks cooked this year and the best way to have him right for the Lions is a proper off season. I'd probably call in Sio to replace him though, so it doesn't really shift the selection that much.