• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies 2024

Bulldogsforlife

Frank Row (1)
Sua'ali'i is the best athlete and I would also say, back that the Wallabies now have. He has been playing in the toughest competition week in week out in the world. The guy knows how to play football and definitely knows how to tackle. The Wallabies need something to excite them and more importantly they need a reason for people to watch them. Get him in the squad and in the 23 for the first test against England. He needs to learn how Joe Schmidt wants to play. He can learn the defence structure very quickly and also kick goals. He needs to be picked

His physically was a real strong point with the Roosters. He runs hard and hits with intent. I don't see there being any reason why he shouldn't be selected for the Wallabies for the end of season tour, can't see him doing any worse than our current wingers. Long term think he would be the ideal 13 or 15, need to keep him involved.
He’s on 1.6 million. He has to be there. No questions asked. Could fill the 13/ wing role?

PhilClinton

Tony Shaw (54)
He’s on 1.6 million. He has to be there. No questions asked. Could fill the 13/ wing role?
Agreed.

It's like a company hiring a new director and not inviting them to the partners retreat! You're paying top dollar for the services, make sure you get the monies worth. Or find out early that they're not performing and see what you can do...

Wilson

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
What oversees players would people select other than Skelton if we could pick them?
I'd only be looking at players reliably demanding a space in the 23 and pushing for the 15, which at this stage is Skelton and Sio, and maybe another lock if Skelton is unavailable. There's probably some argument for Staniforth there on performances, but RA are still setting the restriction to capped players only and I don't think that should change. I do only watch bits and pieces of foreign club rugby, but I'm not sure there's anyone else making a strong enough case right now.

rugbyAU

Dick Tooth (41)
I'd only be looking at players reliably demanding a space in the 23 and pushing for the 15, which at this stage is Skelton and Sio, and maybe another lock if Skelton is unavailable. There's probably some argument for Staniforth there on performances, but RA are still setting the restriction to capped players only and I don't think that should change. I do only watch bits and pieces of foreign club rugby, but I'm not sure there's anyone else making a strong enough case right now.
Sio is a good pick

He would have been great to have had at last year's World Cup over Blake!

Wilson

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Sio is a good pick

He would have been great to have had at last year's World Cup over Blake!
I don't really agree with that, I think Blake Schoupp was a solid inclusion in last year's squad and I doubt Sio would've made much difference there.

I'd be looking at him now because of the questions over Slipper's fitness and longevity. Sio is the only other prop available with a solid base of experience who we could bring in, which should help in bringing through the younger options like Schoupp and Kailea.

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
If we’re really still hurting at centre you can draft in Simone/Perese.

If we lose a back rower, there’s Swinton and Samu.

Staniforth won’t be available through injury.

And if you need an OB there’s still Hodge & Maddocks.

Wilson

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
If we’re really still hurting at centre you can draft in Simone/Perese.

If we lose a back rower, there’s Swinton and Samu.

Staniforth won’t be available through injury.

And if you need an OB there’s still Hodge & Maddocks.
Isn't Hodge out injured? And surely Swinton has ruled himself out with the red card tackle in his most recent game. He still needs to face the judiciary this week but with his record he's got to be looking at 6-8 weeks and no game time before the first test, if he's even available.

Samu seems like the only one who could sneak in, but probably not if Wright/Leota are fit and ready to go. More injuries can always change things, but unless a top candidate cops a long term injury that outs their Lions series in doubt I'd be looking at temporary fill ins from the massive touring party of Australians.

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
Isn't Hodge out injured? And surely Swinton has ruled himself out with the red card tackle in his most recent game. He still needs to face the judiciary this week but with his record he's got to be looking at 6-8 weeks and no game time before the first test, if he's even available.

Samu seems like the only one who could sneak in, but probably not if Wright/Leota are fit and ready to go. More injuries can always change things, but unless a top candidate cops a long term injury that outs their Lions series in doubt I'd be looking at temporary fill ins from the massive touring party of Australians.
Hodge has returned to match fitness apparently, so should be good to go if desired. (As an aside, Rob Simmons had bicep surgery last week, hope he's okay).

Does Swinton get a clean slate by switching competitions? Or is it all linked up?

Folau Fainga'a will also be available, wouldn't be a bad 3rd pick.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I don't understand how one of our centres is up for grabs and the other is rusted on as far as those here are concerned. From what I've watched they have both been average and they should be looking over their shoulders at the next guys coming through.
Granted Paisami should be looking harder.

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
I don't understand how one of our centres is up for grabs and the other is rusted on as far as those here are concerned. From what I've watched they have both been average and they should be looking over their shoulders at the next guys coming through.
Granted Paisami should be looking harder.
Ikitau posted most tackle busts of any Wallaby this season. He's much more elusive at least.