• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies 2024

The Ghost of Raelene

Steve Williams (59)
What do we all think of the Josh Flook, Hunter Piasami, Reds centre partnership?

-BP
It goes alright there but I think Flook needs to keep developing before going against some of the real big boys in the 13 at Test level. He could honestly do with an extra 5kg on the body. Always looks busted by the end of a game. Does he have a crook shoulder?

He's got that prototypical white kid body that won't be filled out until hes 24-25. Look at what Jack Maddocks was like when he debuted v what he looks like now as a 27 year old. It's a more robust and generally stronger guy.

stillmissit

Peter Fenwicke (45)
It goes alright there but I think Flook needs to keep developing before going against some of the real big boys in the 13 at Test level. He could honestly do with an extra 5kg on the body. Always looks busted by the end of a game. Does he have a crook shoulder?

He's got that prototypical white kid body that won't be filled out until hes 24-25. Look at what Jack Maddocks was like when he debuted v what he looks like now as a 27 year old. It's a more robust and generally stronger guy.
Big loss Jack Maddocks. What we would give for a top class fullback now.

The Ghost of Raelene

Steve Williams (59)
He's 27... If someone wants to sign him and bring him back he'll be in his prime come 2027.

I think a lot of people would like to see him play here first as he was a mixed bag when he left so we hold those ratings still. Hard to se where he would land if he did besides the Force. Reds have ok depth at the spot and back Campbell with Petaia up in air still. Tahs have Jorgo, JS and Kellaway on the books and the Brumbies have performed well with Wright.

I get the feeling he's a happy dude making good money in France and might not be bothered with coming back to sit on a bench.

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
He's 27... If someone wants to sign him and bring him back he'll be in his prime come 2027.

I think a lot of people would like to see him play here first as he was a mixed bag when he left so we hold those ratings still. Hard to se where he would land if he did besides the Force. Reds have ok depth at the spot and back Campbell with Petaia up in air still. Tahs have Jorgo, JS and Kellaway on the books and the Brumbies have performed well with Wright.

I get the feeling he's a happy dude making good money in France and might not be bothered with coming back to sit on a bench.
He was clearly a talent who got in his own head. Never seen a pro drop his shoulders so much.

I reckon now that hes more mature etc hed probably be great.

stillmissit

Peter Fenwicke (45)

Maybe, but I wonder if anyone is talking to him? I always rated him as a great prospect and atm we don't have a capable FB. Of those you mentioned none apart from Campbell are a genuine FB and he's a bit light for internationals. He might be too expensive for Super Rugby and as you say there may not be a current spot for him.

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
Maddocks hasn't improved much. He's still a good super rugby player. Maybe a bench Wallabies option.

He is a reliable player for Pau, mid tier french team. Not in their top 3 players. On Kellaway and Wright's level. Yes, I'd like him back in Aus but he's not fixing our problems. We need big meat up front.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Is Maddox really worth pursuing when we have Wright, Kellaway, Petaia and now Jorgensen about to take the field? We also have Sualli on deck next year and who knows where he may land. It could also be at 15.

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Maddocks hasn't improved much. He's still a good super rugby player. Maybe a bench Wallabies option.

He is a reliable player for Pau, mid tier french team. Not in their top 3 players. On Kellaway and Wright's level. Yes, I'd like him back in Aus but he's not fixing our problems. We need big meat up front.
We have big meat its just not that useful.

footyguru21

Bob McCowan (2)
Hello fellow rugby enthusiasts,

Quick topic of discussion, how do we think the wallabies team will shape up this weekend. For me, I think a couple of changes should be made with starting Tate McDermott to start alongside Tom Lynagh as when they both came on there was a lot more direction in the game as well as speed. Don't get me wrong both Jake Gordon and Noah Lolesio had a good game but it just seemed disorganised and sloppy.

Cheers,

FG

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
We are at the start of a rebuild after beginning to rebuild with Dave Rennie and then having EJ (Eddie Jones) blow the whole thing to smithereens.
There are the makings of a truly world class pack a few years down the track.
Frost comes on, Cale packs on an extra 5-10kgs, Angus Bell is well and truly over his foot issues and strings a few season together, TT loses the rest of his puppy fat etc etc. A few younger players come through.
Admittedly there is little to get excited about right now but the bones are there and we have a great coach to get them there.

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
We are at the start of a rebuild after beginning to rebuild with Dave Rennie and then having EJ (Eddie Jones) (Eddie Jones) blow the whole thing to smithereens.
Frost comes on, Cale packs on an extra 5-10kgs, Angus Bell is well and truly over his foot issues and strings a few season together, TT loses the rest of his puppy fat etc etc. A few younger players come through.
Admittedly there is little to get excited about right now but the bones are there and we have a great coach to get them there.
Until we sack them. It's like our favourite thing to do.

Bigboppa2

Bob McCowan (2)
Hello fellow rugby enthusiasts,

Quick topic of discussion, how do we think the wallabies team will shape up this weekend. For me, I think a couple of changes should be made with starting Tate McDermott to start alongside Tom Lynagh as when they both came on there was a lot more direction in the game as well as speed. Don't get me wrong both Jake Gordon and Noah Lolesio had a good game but it just seemed disorganised and sloppy.

Cheers,

FG
Yes I agree with you there footyguru21 Gordon is adds great spark to the team, however I just don't think that's what they need at the moment. He doesn't give then the direction they need like Mcdernott and Lynagh do.

Sincerly

-BP

stillmissit

Peter Fenwicke (45)
We are at the start of a rebuild after beginning to rebuild with Dave Rennie and then having EJ (Eddie Jones) (Eddie Jones) blow the whole thing to smithereens.
Totally agree with this Joe, what we need to do is to hold it together, have a few wins and build a great team.