• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies 2024

Marce

Peter Sullivan (51)
I bought this jersey today:
d1fcJNR.jpg

For those who said that I'm anti-Wallabies or hate them

Tazzmania

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Pablo Matera played in Div 2 in Japan and he's the captain of a team that beat the ABs last saturday
He is an exceptional player and we have no one near his class, where the class will rise to the top no matter what. (Certainly none of the players you mentioned are even close to his class level)

LevitatingSocks

Fred Wood (13)
Have you actually watched any of their games over the full 80 minutes of late rather than a highlight reel package to come to a statement like that. I have not, but I wonder for example what level Rory Arnold would be at playing Div 3 in Japan?
Multiple players have said Japanese rugby compared to Super Rugby is much less physical and more oriented toward running/offload rugby.

Considering we looked physically over-matched on the weekend I'm not sure a bunch of Japan-based players will be as beneficial in reality as they would be on paper.

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Multiple players have said Japanese rugby compared to Super Rugby is much less physical and more oriented toward running/offload rugby.

Considering we looked physically over-matched on the weekend I'm not sure a bunch of Japan-based players will be as beneficial in reality as they would be on paper.
Which is insane given Super Rugby is basically touch.

Marce

Peter Sullivan (51)
Thay could be good. So players rested enough to put his body over the line. Rory, Marika or Samu K don't need to learn rugby

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Frost, given a little time, will develop into an excellent test lock. LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) is hitting his straps and we have some other decent ones coming through. Swain, Williams, Canham, Ryan Smith and a few others. These guys just need time in the saddle. I have no idea why the coaches have no interest in Swain but he is the one that has had quite a bit of test exposure over the past few years and seems to stand up well physically.
Then there is the OS contingent. Schmitt will reach that way soon if he needs help to bridge the gap. I imagine having one of them on deck will help progress the others. Amatosero is an interesting one. If he goes well in Europe they might jump on him?
We say(and I agree) Arnold and Skelton were not much chop when here but they are very highly regarded OS, still. We never seem to put enough time into them.

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Frost, given a little time, will develop into an excellent test lock. LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) is hitting his straps and we have some other decent ones coming through. Swain, Williams, Canham, Ryan Smith and a few others. These guys just need time in the saddle. I have no idea why the coaches have no interest in Swain but he is the one that has had quite a bit of test exposure over the past few years and seems to stand up well physically.
Then there is the OS contingent. Schmitt will reach that way soon if he needs help to bridge the gap. I imagine having one of them on deck will help progress the others. Amatosero is an interesting one. If he goes well in Europe they might jump on him?
We say(and I agree) Arnold and Skelton were not much chop when here but they are very highly regarded OS, still. We never seem to put enough time into them.
Its kinda hard to keep developing them when they leave.

We had a decent core of locks with Arnold, Rodda, Coleman and LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) coming through. But for various reasons they all disappeared. Meanwhile SA are still picking the exact same core of locks.

Marce

Peter Sullivan (51)
Didn’t they lose a Quarter Final to a woeful England team in that Jersey?
Actually not. The player's jersey was a tightfit jersey. This version was a vintage style for supporters.

They lost 12-10 against Wilkinson's England that was the runner-up of the tournament. That year the Wallabies beat the ABs in Melbourne, beat South Africa in Sydney and Wales in Cardiff. They lost against South Africa in Cape Town only 22-19 and lost against the ABs in Eden Park 26-12.

That team would put 100 points against the current one

Marce

Peter Sullivan (51)
Wallabies are still the Wallabies ... Rest the world's got better, but still the Wallabies..
No way. The Wallabies have fall down to a Top 8 nation. They were a consistenly a Top 3 nation in Robbie Deans days. Remember those days when the only thing that mattered was getting the Bledisloe back. The Wallabies consistenly beat South Africa and Argentina was afraid to face them. Now even Georgia takes corauge trying to beating you in Sydney