• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies 2024

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
It’s an 8 man deal when the whole scrum goes back to a 2nd shove, it’s not an 8 man deal when the right head gets popped instantly every time

Mike Cron ain’t fixing anything, dudes a myth. His invention of the loose bind was one of the most counter productive things in rugby
Dudes a myth? Unlikely

Froggy

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
A pack I'll call 'the unavailables' of Bell, Porecki, TT, Frost, Williams, Wright, McReight and Gleeson would pants whatever pack we put together for this weekend. In fact, I reckon only Valetini for Gleeson would be the only available player to make that pack.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
It’s an 8 man deal when the whole scrum goes back to a 2nd shove, it’s not an 8 man deal when the right head gets popped instantly every time

Mike Cron ain’t fixing anything, dudes a myth. His invention of the loose bind was one of the most counter productive things in rugby
He has been there for three days ffs, cleaning up technique, getting a scrum functioning as a unit takes time and we already have major changes already with our best front row not there

Also the boks are a top scrummaging side who have been working as a unit for years

stillmissit

Peter Fenwicke (45)
The scrum is an 8 man deal. Not all the blame can be laid at the feet of one prop. I reckon Cron will turn them around for next week to at least hold our own. TT and Bell make a huge difference but we need a serviceable bench front row To back them up in case of injury.
What has happened to Faamasuli?
Joe there is no TT his dad's funeral.

Marce

Peter Sullivan (51)
Mike Cron isn't a magician. He can't solve 20 years of negligence. RA has 2 top class tighthead props nowadays. One is in Tonga and the other is out of shape after an injury. You can't create a top class tighthead prop in a week. It's one of the hardest positions in RU

Tomthumb

Dick Tooth (41)
Mike Cron isn't a magician. He can't solve 20 years of negligence. RA has 2 top class tighthead props nowadays. One is in Tonga and the other is out of shape after an injury. You can't create a top class tighthead prop in a week. It's one of the hardest positions in RU
I'm not expecting him to solve anything, that's my point

Linerunner2023

Darby Loudon (17)
Thoughts are until we get a few players back it will be a tough rugby champs
Bell and tupou are our only world class props and need to be back asap when avaialable
Need Skelton and Kerevi back asap (Skelton for scrum mail defence and Kerevi to gets the backs over the gain line and give confidence for the 10
Korobeti needs to be selected for the outside backs and missing mcreight
Other then that won’t improve much with very average halves running the side

DropGoal

Ted Fahey (11)

Agree … 8 man deal is bs …

So many times a scrum goes to absolutely shit when the main tighhead goes off and the replacement comes on…

capalaba

Ward Prentice (10)
I think he should have started Slipper and AAA. It was a big ask for Kailea. He is strong and enthusiastic but is very inexperienced for a test prop, same with Nongoor. Ideally we would have TT and Bell in the mix as well as Fa’amausuli and Schoup. Once again our depth is severely tested and depth is what we lack. When we did actually get the ball both Gordon and Lolesio kicked it away aimlessly. We need some direction from the halves.
I think we may see a few more OS picks for the remainder of the RC after the Perth game.
Mentioning Schoup and Fa'amausuli are names for names sake and serve no real purpose. Agreed with Bell if fit, but I would bring in Hodgman as it is obvious Slipper is struggling.

Yes it is great for the stats that Slipper can become the most capped test player, and with the state of our rugby we need something to cheer about, but not to the detriment of the game.

Tazzmania

Johnnie Wallace (23)
1 Skelton
2 Kerevi
3 Rory Arnold
4 Koroibete
5 Tom Banks

Bring back all the strength you can
Have you actually watched any of their games over the full 80 minutes of late rather than a highlight reel package to come to a statement like that. I have not, but I wonder for example what level Rory Arnold would be at playing Div 3 in Japan?

Raytah

Chris McKivat (8)
1 Skelton
2 Kerevi
3 Rory Arnold
4 Koroibete
5 Tom Banks

Bring back all the strength you can

Sould 100% atleast be picking
- Skelton > Blythe
- Sio > Kailea
- Swinton > Leota
- Samu > Tizzano

The pack for this weekend should be:
1. Slipper / Bell
2. Faessler / BPA
3. Ala'alatoa / Tupou
4. Salakaia-Loto
5. Skelton / Amotosero
6. Swinton
7. Samu
8. Valetini / Wilson

No scrum, no chance.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Sould 100% atleast be picking
- Skelton > Blythe
- Sio > Kailea
- Swinton > Leota
- Samu > Tizzano

The pack for this weekend should be:
1. Slipper / Bell
2. Faessler / BPA
3. Ala'alatoa / Tupou
4. Salakaia-Loto
5. Skelton / Amotosero
6. Swinton
7. Samu
8. Valetini / Wilson

No scrum, no chance.
I know you are hypothesising, but you can't definitively say that Sio and Samu are currently better than local options, well at least not so much that you would use a foreign joker on them. Leota is still injured so that call re Swinton is academic, but Swinton may be an option on the EOYT. Agree re Skelton, but he isn't available for these 2 tests, he should be on the Argie trip. Amotosero is definitely one to keep an eye on but I don't know why he would rate above the locks in the squad at the moment.

Marce

Peter Sullivan (51)
Have you actually watched any of their games over the full 80 minutes of late rather than a highlight reel package to come to a statement like that. I have not, but I wonder for example what level Rory Arnold would be at playing Div 3 in Japan?
Actually Koroibete is in the squad. Bring back the others and in 6 months playing in OZ they would be better than any current Wallaby.

Pablo Matera played in Div 2 in Japan and he's the captain of a team that beat the ABs last saturday

Rugby Head

Billy Sheehan (19)
I know you are hypothesising, but you can't definitively say that Sio and Samu are currently better than local options, well at least not so much that you would use a foreign joker on them. Leota is still injured so that call re Swinton is academic, but Swinton may be an option on the EOYT. Agree re Skelton, but he isn't available for these 2 tests, he should be on the Argie trip. Amotosero is definitely one to keep an eye on but I don't know why he would rate above the locks in the squad at the moment.
I would put Swinton ahead of all 6's/ 8's in the current squad except Valetini