• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies 2024

rugbyAU

Dick Tooth (41)
My squad:

Props - Bell, Kailea, Robertson, Ala'alatoa, Tupou, Nonngorr
Hookers - BPA, Lonergan, Faessler
Locks - Skelton, Frost, Williams, LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)
Backrow - Wright, McReight, Wilson, Gleeson, Valetini, Tizzano
Halfbacks - Lonergan, McDermott, Gordon
Flyhalves - Edmed, Donaldson, Lolesio
Midfield - Ikitau, Flook, Kerevi, Foketi, Paisami
Outside Backs - Jorgensen, Wright, Kellaway, Pietsch, Daungunu, Sua'ali'i

scrans21

Ward Prentice (10)
Pretty bang on what I have. Slipper clearly needs a rest and I think it's time to see what R Lonergan can do. L Lonergan seems to have put on some size so bringing him back in as 3rd string hooker makes sense. If Daugunu is finally fit then I'd be bringing him straight in on the wing. My team for the 1st test would be:

1. Bell
2. Faesslar
3. Tupou
4. Frost
5. Skelton
6. L Wright
7. McReight
8. Valetini
9. McDermott
10. Lolesio
11. Daugunu
12. Kerevi (if fit, if not then either Paisami or Foketi)
13. Ikitau
14. Kellaway
15. T Wright
16. Paenga-Amosa
17. Kailea
18. Ala'alatoa
19. Salakai-Loto
20. Wilson
21. Gordon
22. Edmed
23. Sua'ali'i

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Can't see L Wright coming straight back in, especially at the expense of Wilson, the current captain.

While he was good before the injury I don't think he'll push for a spot in the starting 15 on tour.

scrans21

Ward Prentice (10)
As good as Wilson has been, I still maintain that our best starting backrow is Liam Wright, McReight and Valetini. I like the idea of Wilson coming off the bench against tired bodies and I could see a situation where Liam Wright starts as captain before being replaced early in the second half by Wilson who finishes as captain. But you're right, the backrow most likely won't change from what it is now. Just some wishful thinking from me.

Sword of Justice

Nev Cottrell (35)
Not sure, I think Wright fits the mould of what Schmidt is looking for at 6 a lot better than any other back row option. Better line out and work rate.

Can definitely see Wilson being the replacement option.